• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need recommendations for cool Multiplayer titles / couch co-op

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veevee

Awards
Hey guys,
I'm currently looking for some good Multiplayer titles on PS4 (either competitional ones or couch co-op) or PS3 games. Please recommend only games for those consoles, preferably PS4, I have a few more consoles, but my equipment for those is quite basic and I don't want to spend another fortune on controllers.
My personal knowledge and recommendations contain the following titles:

- Guacamelee
- Towerfall Ascension
- Puyo Puyo Tetris
- Tricky Towers
- Worms Battlegrounds
- Gauntlet (quite stupid, but fun, haha)
- Earth Defense Force (even though I prefer the PS3 entry)
- Octodad
- Overcooked
- Games from the Lego Series
- Nidhogg

I recently bought Divinity: Original Sin but haven't started it yet. Tried Lara Croft and the temple of Osiris, but wasn't too fond of that.
I don't prefer any special genre, as long as it's good and fun to play but if you have some sweet recommendations for co-op adventure or RPG games, I'm game.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
KNACK II is great for couch co-op. I've had a lot of fun playing through it with my friends.

Also any Lego game can be played with a second player, they're good to just mess around in story levels and free play, and the later games, like Lego Ninjago, have four player couch co-op missions like Capture the Flag (you can play with less than three other people, the others will be CPU).

Veevee

Awards
KNACK II is great for couch co-op. I've had a lot of fun playing through it with my friends.

Also any Lego game can be played with a second player, they're good to just mess around in story levels and free play, and the later games, like Lego Ninjago, have four player couch co-op missions like Capture the Flag (you can play with less than three other people, the others will be CPU).

Heard of Knack, never played it. Should I start with the first one to not miss anything? Does the first one have multiplayer?

I know a few of the lego games, namely the Harry Potter games and jurassic world. I want to buy Pirates of the Caribbean soon, I really like the humour of those games but I prefer the entries based on stories I like (not too much a fan of Star Wars and Marvel). Can you only play capture the flag in Ninjago with four players or the whole game?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Heard of Knack, never played it. Should I start with the first one to not miss anything? Does the first one have multiplayer?
I played the first one years ago but practically forgot everything about it when I jumped into the second so I would have to say no, it doesn't matter. It does have the option for a second player, but it is a lot better integrated in the sequel than it is in the first game.

I know a few of the lego games, namely the Harry Potter games and jurassic world. I want to buy Pirates of the Caribbean soon, I really like the humour of those games but I prefer the entries based on stories I like (not too much a fan of Star Wars and Marvel). Can you only play capture the flag in Ninjago with four players or the whole game?
Many of the Lego games are fun. Some of them feel like cheap cash ins when they moved to having voiced cutscenes (Stuff like Marvel where they just reuse movie voice clips is annoying, while Star Wars VII had them bring in original voice actors like Harrison Ford).

The four players in Ninjago are only in the Battle Arena. In the rest of the game you can only have two players.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Brawlhalla is a SSB styled f2P game on PS4 right now, though that's not really co-op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back