• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEED HELP PLOX!!! D:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
The first time I picked I picked up staff/sword and then figured out only 2 spells I would use and I couldnt beat Rikunort at the end. 78 times I had to challenge him until I owned him :cry:

lol, it took my step brother exactly 78 tries (I tally marked it on paper) to beat the song mother on easy mode on guitar heroII XD lol, he really sucks at that game

rikunort was the hardest boss on that game (not including extras), period, and not picking the shield would break you

Naximi

In a magical place where nobody has to make sense
I chose sheild/sword combo. It sucked until I got to bosses that attacked a lot...........

The first time I picked I picked up staff/sword and then figured out only 2 spells I would use and I couldnt beat Rikunort at the end. 78 times I had to challenge him until I owned him :cry:

I should have kept the shield.

As stated above NEVER EVER EVER give up the shield.

rikunort was the hardest boss on that game (not including extras), period, and not picking the shield would break you

..............like Rikunort. 12 Tries!

Last edited:

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I wish kh2 had a boss as hard as rikunort. i also wish picking a different weapon ath the beginning of 2 seemed to change the difficulty, but it didnt for me...

Myxomatosis

I wish kh2 had a boss as hard as rikunort. i also wish picking a different weapon ath the beginning of 2 seemed to change the difficulty, but it didnt for me...

wow...actually i never realized there wasn't a boss with guts as rikunort in kh2 (except Sephiroth of course)

khfreak5

I chose the staff and the sword, I don't think it's a bad combo, and to be completely honest, I never noticed how much defense or offense power I got.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I always give up the shield and I haven't had a problem since. XD I figure defense can easily be covered with parrying attacks if you have quick reflexes. Really, your lack of defense doesn't make much of a effect except when you're level 2-5ish fighting Riku or the 3-way battle with TSW at DI. I think Staff/Sword is a good combo; you get AWESOME abilities sooner without sacraficing too much strength.
If you're still on DI, you can work on reflexes by fighting Wakka. You can actually hit the ball back to him and, not only does it do damage if it hits him (which it usually does), it also dazes him for a bit. So you can work on your reflexes that way, making it easier to defend yourself against other attacks, making up for the defense you lack.

Edit: Wow, I should read the whole thread. XD Rikunort's easy, easier than Dragon-Maleficent. Magic comes in MAJOR handy in that battle. Why? ARS ARCANUM. Spam it. If you chose Staff/Sword, and you trained a bit before leaving DI (I usually try to hit level 9 before I trigger the second Darkside battle, that way I have scan), you should have enough magic and strength to easily defeat him. Keep your items stocked with elixirs, make sure you used EVERY SINGLE Defense Up on yourself (I know Donald's got a weaker defense, screw him, he'll live), cast Aero right away and hack at him. After getting him down by at least one health bar (I believe he has 3 altogether), then start using Ars Arcanum. Make sure you have ALL MP restoring abilities equipped, especially MP Rage (considering how often you'll get hit, you'll hardly ever be at a loss for magic), and keep using Ars Arcanum. In between using the ability, hack away at him when you can.
I swear, choosing the staff/sword combo saved my ass many a battle. I never realized how useful magic was. XD

Last edited:

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
Magic is, well, decent in KH1. The spells that are really effective turn out to be Aero and Gravity, Aero because it saves you tons on healing, Gravity because it helps taking down high hp heartlesses like Defender and knocking Wyverns out of the sky (where otherwise you would have taken loads more damage).

Still prefer sword + throw away shield combo. It may give you lower defence, but hey, dodge roll and guard exist for a reason (I overuse those two), and slide dash in Final Mix is a literal godsend gift, because Riku II becomes easy like hell (the whole fight became he hit, I dodge rolled, he jumped back, I slide dashed to hit him with two or three hits, rolled to dodge the new attack, repeat until dark aura came).

Sora_the_one

i jus did shelid and staff and i got thru the kindaokay admitedly frustatedly tho sword andsheild is the better combo tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back