• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need Help: Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets PS2 Version wont run on PS3 (CechC04)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biwoo

Hi, iam wondering if you guys maybe could help me.
I have a PS3 CechC04 (Firmware 4.80) and bought the Harry Potter games.
Unfortunately the game "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (PS2 Version)" dont work :(
The game boots fine and after i start a new game there heavy graphic glitches and the game stops randomly by freezing.
I tried fixing it with chaning the options for the ps3 and ps2 and even tried it with a Scart connection instead of HDMI.
But nothing helps.
Do you have any ideas?

(For example HP1 (PS2 Version) and HP3 run on the system, although i had to change some options for HP3 to get it running)

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I assume you checked the disk and all. BC can be hit or miss with that, especially if it's software/a emulator. Check it again of course, if it's scratched up see if you can get that fixed. If it's dirty, clean it. (I swear, that solves 80% of won't-play problems.)

If that's a no go, (This is worse case scenario) you may want to look up a PS2 emulator for your pc (PCSX2), rip the disk (I've had good luck with imgburn for that, and play it on your PC. That's _not ideal_ but worst case, it should let you play the game. Make sure you have a joypad if you go that route. Strangely last I knew, PCSX2's disk support is not very good, better to rip and play it as a *.iso; that's a little murky but you own the disk, so I don't consider that too bad.

If that doesn't work..It may be that particular game hates any kind of emulation. You might have to go trolling yard sales/thrift shops for a real PS2.

Last edited:

Biwoo

Thanks for your reply. But no, nothing works.
The PCSX2 came in my mind too. Well I guess it has to be that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back