• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need good anime suggestions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
what is the best anime(s) that are out right now? i need something with action and stuff. no romantic comedy stuff. already seen Love Hina. dont need anymore or that.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Death note is pretty cool. o.o; I'm still getting into it though! : P Ever hear of it? :/

ansemx18

Definatley Death Note^^
Hellsing
Rah Xephan
Vampire Hunter D
FLCL
Initial D
.Hack
Samuari Deeper Kyo
King of Hell
Bleach
Berserk
Ghost in the Shell
Eureka 7
Some of the stuff on Adult swim isn't so bad either

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Death Note's about a brilliant college bound kid who finds a notebook that will kill anyone who's name is written into it. Smitten with the idea of purifying the world and correcting all the 'evils' of mankind, he begins a crusade under the alias of 'Kira' to exterminate all criminals and crime within the world. However, as time goes on, his mind begins to waver and crack, and he becomes sadistic and warped, willing to kill anyone who gets in the way of his mass purging. The story consists of his cat and mouse game with the equally brilliant detective L, who's equally bent on capturing Kira and bringing the world to justice through his own meticulous and more judicious means.

Also, the show has insanely good artisitic values and amazing animation, it's worth checking out just for that :O

I gotta recommend Beck and 20th Century Boys too, both are great series with some of the best plots you'll ever see.

~Dorian Gray

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Elfen Lied...it's not a popular series around here. As in, most people hate it. I'd be careful talking about it, Mune'll chew your ass off if he catches you mentioning it as being good.

Holy shi-

I just read the first two volumes of Monster. Goddamn, is it good. I heard the anime was produced by madhouse, their amazing animation combined with such a great story is sure to be an instant win. Check that out, if you get the time.

~Dorian Gray

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
im only watching naruto, bleach and death note.

Naruto is getting great with Shippuuden in progress. if you havent watched it before, time to start :)

Bleach is also getting good with some major fights coming up :)

Death note is good, theres not so much action, its more of a psychological anime, but its great, it suprises me how smart Light is... maybe there was alot of steroids in the chicken he ate when he was little...

Hellsing is boresville. they couldve done so much more with that series but IMO it failed...

.Hack also bores me abit i watched the first 4 episodes but just didnt interest me.

Initial D is good if you like cars, i really liked it, still havent most of 4th stage...

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
You've got some problems if you don't like Hellsing. It's pretty much just a suped up version of Bleach with more violence, more root in mythology, and more interesting characters. Not to mention it dwarfing Pierrot's subpar animation work :\

~Dorian Gray

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Well...if you like comedey, school rumble and tenchi muyo(less this one). if you like action... let me start listing:(it's sad, most of this have been lincesed, and in the process butchered... sad sad tale)

Naruto
bleach
DBZ(japanese)
DB
Black cat
Death note
Gundam!
Grappler baki
Serial experiment lain
abenobashi:magical shopping arcade(it counts in both)
Spiral
Kiddy grade
Solty rei
Full metal panic
Ghost in the shell movie
Revolutionary girl utena
and so on and so fourth

antiformkeyblade

never betray. never.
i just want to say, cause nobody said anything, but Pranoia Agent is really good. just thought id throw that out there.

hey, im giving myself suggestions...gotta lay off the sugar

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Rule of thumb:
The more threads on this forum you see for a single anime, worse it is. Generally, the really good stuff doesn't come over Stateside.

These are largely older titles that you'll probably ignore.

Arion
City Hunter
Goku: Midnight Eye (cheesy but fun)
Devilman OVAs
Getbackers
Fist of the North Star
Cutey Honey (just make sure to avoid New Cutey Honey, it's mostly just for T&A)

keybladeboi

A.K.A. Skylvia
You've got some problems if you don't like Hellsing. It's pretty much just a suped up version of Bleach with more violence, more root in mythology, and more interesting characters. Not to mention it dwarfing Pierrot's subpar animation work :\

~Dorian Gray

the anime sucked hardcore. it was too short and the main characters didnt get there time to shine. alucard was uber powerful in somebits, but in others he barely did anything when it was needed most.

the last enemy was crap aswell.

if they had stretched it out longer, followed more of the manga, it wouldve been ok.

P.S. i watched the dubbed version, but i doubt the subbed wouldve made much difference...

ansemx18

the anime sucked hardcore. it was too short and the main characters didnt get there time to shine. alucard was uber powerful in somebits, but in others he barely did anything when it was needed most.

the last enemy was crap aswell.

if they had stretched it out longer, followed more of the manga, it wouldve been ok.

P.S. i watched the dubbed version, but i doubt the subbed wouldve made much difference...

Ok, speaking as a HUGE Hellsing fan, I do admit, the anime didn't "Live up to" what it could have been. The Manga was definately amazing and towers over the anime, but the anime is still good to watch in my opinion. Plus there's a new Hellsing OVA coming out soon that's going to follow the manga. :thumbup:

bond of flames

you've got a soul, use it.
Website
www.facebook.com
bleach
one piece
shaman king
samurai 7
samurai champloo
full metal alchecmist
hellsing
naruto