• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need For Speed: Undercover

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Keybladerz

I'm liking the new game: need for speed undercover.
need-for-speed-cover.gif

To me, racing games like need for speed comes second next to RPG's like kingdom hearts.

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
I hear it sucked.

The game was met with generally average responses from video game critics, as it was described as being repetitive and too short, because ProStreet received lower game ratings on the PSP by lacking police. The Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions have an aggregated score of 66% on GameRankings, based on 13 reviews. Back2square1 on-Line said that the game was short but enjoyable to some and gave it a rating of 5.5. Metacritic has an aggregated score of 65/100 based on 28 reviews for the Xbox 360 version and 60/100 based on 21 reviews for the PlayStation 3 version. One outlet went as far as recommending the game's competitors such as Rockstar Games' Midnight Club: Los Angeles and EA's own Burnout Paradise

The IGN review was harshly critical of Undercover, calling it a "poor game with a ton of problems" and with "practically zero redeeming qualities". 1UP.com called the game "fairly successful," and praised its roster of vehicles and tight handling; however, the "leveling" system that unlocks cars and upgrades was criticized of resembling "grinding." IGN also commented that as the user can start an event from the map, the objective of having a open world environment was lost. Also, sparse traffic, wide-open roads, and poor AI led to complaints about extremely easy difficulty, while this may be a design to target a wider audience.

The reaction to the live-action cutscenes were also universally negative, many critics noting that the videos were poorly acted and lacked purpose. The in-game frame rate received little praise, and GameSpot especially criticized the PS3 version, resulting in a lower score on the platform compared to the Xbox 360 and PC versions.

1UP.com - B
EuroGamer - 5/10
Game Informer - PS3, Xbox 360: 7.0/10
GameSpot - PC, Xbox 360: 7.0/10 PS3: 6.5/10
GameTrailers - 6.7/10
IGN - PS3: 4.0/10

Shade737

Silver Member
I heard it sucked but I never tried it for myself I might give it a rent since it looks like a to each his own type of game.

S

Shadow Soldier

This game is the reason why EA dropped the Need for Speed franchise.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
This game is the reason why EA dropped the Need for Speed franchise.

There's been no confirmation that NFS has been dropped; it's all rumor at this point. (I would know... I work at Black Box)
If NFS has been dropped, it's because of the performance of the series over the past few years.
NFS: Undercover sucks.

S

Shadow Soldier

There's been no confirmation that NFS has been dropped; it's all rumor at this point. (I would know... I work at Black Box)
If NFS has been dropped, it's because of the performance of the series over the past few years.
NFS: Undercover sucks.

It's been dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back