• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nature of the Heartless & Unversed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eventua

I've been wondering this recently, and it'd be interesting to get other people's perspectives on it.

Namely: are the Heartless & Unversed demons? This may seem like an odd question, but I'm a stickler for consistent terminology: most characters refer to them as monsters, though one of the seven dwarfs refers to them as demons, and both terms have very different meanings.

Monsters, according to the dictionary: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/monster
Demons, according to the dictionary: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/demon

And it really boils down to one point: are they spirits? Characters mention how only the keyblade can defeat them, except in all of the games they can be slain with as little as a shield or even a wooden sword (assuming you can hit them about 200 times before they kill you in KH1). Heck, Hercules can beat them with his *fists*. Same thing for the Unversed.

Anyway, feel free to laugh at me for asking a stupid question, but I'd like to hear your opinions on it...

Crystal

Silver Member
I thought Heartless is only a darkness of people hearts and Unversed is the negative feelings?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
And it really boils down to one point: are they spirits? Characters mention how only the keyblade can defeat them, except in all of the games they can be slain with as little as a shield or even a wooden sword (assuming you can hit them about 200 times before they kill you in KH1). Heck, Hercules can beat them with his *fists*. Same thing for the Unversed.
The keyblade release the hearts or destroy the heartless for good, other weapons send them back to the dark realm and then they come back.

I don't think the charachters in the game know or care much wether or not the heartless/unversed are demons or monsters but I'd say they are neither, they are hearless and unversed

Heartless - honestly I'm not 100% bcs it's all so confusing but I think the purebloods are hearts and the emblems are darkness from peoples hearts containing hearts

Unversed - Negative emotions taking shape as monsters/demons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back