• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Natural Selection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The7thLight

I keep reading people saying that Sora never went through the ceremony that makes him an official keyblade weilder. I was wondering if the fight with Xemnas at the end of KHII where he and Riku both touch the keyblade would count. They both touch the keyblade. And in the opening of KH3D, there seems to be a emphasis on that moment. I may be wrong, though. What do you guys think?

Oh yea! Hey I'm new!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Er, no. Sora never went though Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony, which is when a Master (or person at the level of a Master) chooses somebody to inherit the Keyblade if their Heart is strong enough to do so.

Terra did it on Riku. Aqua did it to Kairi (on accident.) When Riku let the Darkness into his Heart and let it destroy his home, Sora was the closest person with a strong heart, which allowed the Keyblade to go to him.

Sora already had a Keyblade long before Sora and Riku touched Keyblades together. The scene is meant to emphasize their teamwork, Light and Darkness coming together to take down a common enemy, and a ton of other stuff

Straythe

Er, no. Sora never went though Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony, which is when a Master (or person at the level of a Master) chooses somebody to inherit the Keyblade if their Heart is strong enough to do so.

Chooses ? If it can happen by accident, the choice isn't really required...

When Riku let the Darkness into his Heart and let it destroy his home, Sora was the closest person with a strong heart, which allowed the Keyblade to go to him.

Which is weird, why didn't it go to Kairi first, since she was a real candidate, just like Riku, unlike leecher Sora ? Remember Sora kept having awakening dreams (he says so) before the attack so Kairi wasn't "taken" by Ansem yet.

MinerKing

Because Sora was standing right there, and he has Ventus' heart. Kairi may have been a destined wielder, but at that time I don't feel like she was strong enough to have a Keyblade.

Straythe

If she wasn't strong enough she couldn't have been chosen "by accident". I mean I HOPE that's how it could happen "by accident", because she was "full of light"...

She's a princess, she was actually much more powerful than Sora, you know.

MinerKing

If she wasn't strong enough she couldn't have been chosen "by accident". I mean I HOPE that's how it could happen "by accident", because she was "full of light"...

She's a princess, she was actually much more powerful than Sora, you know.

If she was strong enough and ready for the Keyblade, she would have gotten it. Case and point. Your argument suggests that you can get a Keyblade as soon as the ceremony is performed, which is not the case. It seems that you don't get a Keyblade until your heart is ready, see Sora and Riku. It's not about raw power.

Straythe

If she was strong enough and ready for the Keyblade, she would have gotten it. Case and point. Your argument suggests that you can get a Keyblade as soon as the ceremony is performed, which is not the case. It seems that you don't get a Keyblade until your heart is ready, see Sora and Riku. It's not about raw power.

But you're assuming she's like Riku, and she's not.

Her heart FORCED a ceremony. That's not like Riku who was chosen by Terra. If her heart was strong enough to force a ceremony, I assumed she'd be more ready than leecher Sora anyway; who is not even entitled to wield a keyblade in the first place.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
But you're assuming she's like Riku, and she's not.

Her heart FORCED a ceremony. That's not like Riku who was chosen by Terra. If her heart was strong enough to force a ceremony, I assumed she'd be more ready than leecher Sora anyway; who is not even entitled to wield a keyblade in the first place.
I wouldn't really accuse Sora of being a leecher. I'd more call him a storage vault. For lots of things.
Having a huge amount of light in your heart does not instantly equal greater power. And the inheritance ceremony between Aqua and Kairi does not instantly equal getting a Keyblade. It's more of a suggestion to the Keyblade to choose that certain person when their heart is ready or if and when the Keyblade deems them worthy. The Keyblade does not compare the candidate to other candidates. It only measures if the certain person meets those prerequisites.
And no one can say Sora isn't entitled to wield a Keyblade. He's done a lot more than any of the other Wielders and deserves it just as much, if not more, than them.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I wouldn't really accuse Sora of being a leecher. I'd more call him a storage vault. For lots of things.
Having a huge amount of light in your heart does not instantly equal greater power. And the inheritance ceremony between Aqua and Kairi does not instantly equal getting a Keyblade. It's more of a suggestion to the Keyblade to choose that certain person when their heart is ready or if and when the Keyblade deems them worthy. The Keyblade does not compare the candidate to other candidates. It only measures if the certain person meets those prerequisites.
And no one can say Sora isn't entitled to wield a Keyblade. He's done a lot more than any of the other Wielders and deserves it just as much, if not more, than them.

Exactly, Kairi and Sora could've both gotten the keyblade then, there's no reason to think only one of them could have it. But Kairi was weak, and her heart was spirited away.

Straythe

Having a huge amount of light in your heart does not instantly equal greater power.
I'll anwser later on the "leecher" part.

Well yeah, huge light = stronger, since having darkness is a sign of weakness in Kingdom Hearts, for people on the light side I mean. I'm not sure why in hell you would think a huge light wouldn't mean great power ? Or maybe you mean in the "fighting" sense ?

Remember the "7 lights" were able to rebuild the universe.... I call that a great power.

And the inheritance ceremony between Aqua and Kairi does not instantly equal getting a Keyblade. It's more of a suggestion to the Keyblade to choose that certain person when their heart is ready or if and when the Keyblade deems them worthy.
10 years =/= instantly.

The keyblade already picks people on its own, if it can choose random people over chosen ones then it makes the whole thing absolutely ridiculous >_> . And I repeat, Kairi wasn't even chosen by Aqua, she forced the ceremony because her heart had an incredible light. So the keyblade "knew" who she was.

The Keyblade does not compare the candidate to other candidates. It only measures if the certain person meets those prerequisites.
Obviously it did, since it compared Riku to Sora before he listened to Ansem (Sora had his dreams about the keyblade before the incident, meaning he was already chosen, because indeed Riku lost a bit of his light, but not as much as during the actual incident).

And no one can say Sora isn't entitled to wield a Keyblade.
Yeah, yeah, EVERYBODY can say Sora isn't entitled to wield a keyblade. That's not me saying it, it's the ACTUAL ENDING. That was the point, Sora was only able to be a candidate thanks to his connection to Ventus.

He's done a lot more than any of the other Wielders and deserves it just as much, if not more, than them.
I agree, no matter if he was supposed to be "a wielder" or not, it doesn't change the fact that he brings everyone together within himself, he's "all of them at a time" and that's why he'll end up being the most powerful. And even if that wasn't his destiny per say, he will be able to save the day once he masters his powers (which are related to all the people he met).

D.D.D

Well yeah, huge light = stronger, since having darkness is a sign of weakness in Kingdom Hearts, for people on the light side I mean. I'm not sure why in hell you would think a huge light wouldn't mean great power ? Or maybe you mean in the "fighting" sense ?
That's where Eraqus made his mistake. Light does not equal strength. Darkness does not equal weakness. The reason why Terra so easily fell to darkness and deception was because of this same belief that Eraqus forced on his student, thus Terra also believed he was weak because he had darkness in his heart. It was not true. Master Xehanort told him as such. And MX is not stupid and knew what he was talking about, even though he's a cruel and a horrible old geezer bent on ruling the universe.
For example, MX obviously has more darkness in his heart than Eraqus. Eraqus is filled with a lot of light. Who do you think would win? The man who can raise mountains, freeze people alive, scar people with darkness, split hearts in two, plan out a huge mastermind plot to create many clones of himself and take over the universe, and beat the crap out of two experienced young adults and a semi-powerful teen with one hand behind his back? Or the man who is felled by two simple shots of darkness to the face and loses in a fight against his own student?
MX, the being of greater darkness, would win. A heart's power is not measured by the amount of light or darkness it contains, it's measured by, well, pure power. You said before that Sora's all weak for 'leeching' off others, but he has a lot more light in his heart than Riku. Riku is more balanced. Your logic contradicts itself: since Sora has so much light in his heart, he should be the more powerful one, right? But it's arguable that Riku would kick his ass in a one on one fight, even though he has more darkness in his heart.
In short, Light does not equal power. Darkness does not equal weakness.

Remember the "7 lights" were able to rebuild the universe.... I call that a great power.
The 7 lights and the 13 darknesses make up the X-Blade. Remember? And the universe has not been rebuilt. It's still in shambles, worlds disconnected and Kingdom Hearts stuck in the RoD.

10 years =/= instantly.

The keyblade already picks people on its own, if it can choose random people over chosen ones then it makes the whole thing absolutely ridiculous >_> . And I repeat, Kairi wasn't even chosen by Aqua, she forced the ceremony because her heart had an incredible light. So the keyblade "knew" who she was.
Yes, I said that before. But it doesn't choose random people. I never said that Aqua chose her either. The whole ceremony was, basically, an accident. Kairi didn't force the ceremony, either. When a Keyblade Wielder at Master level holds the Keyblade at the same time as a possible recruit does, it makes a suggestion to the Keyblade that, "Hey, keep a lookout on this person! I think they'd be a good wielder.", even if that same suggestion was intentional or not. The Keyblade does not care if the suggested person is filled with light or darkness. Thus, even if Kairi had been seething with dark energy it still would have kept her in mind.
She could not force the ceremony. You cannot force the ceremony if you're the receiver, even if you're a Princess of Heart. The Keyblade does not prioritize Light over Darkness.

Obviously it did, since it compared Riku to Sora before he listened to Ansem (Sora had his dreams about the keyblade before the incident, meaning he was already chosen, because indeed Riku lost a bit of his light, but not as much as during the actual incident).
The taking of the Kingdom Key between Sora and Riku is a special case, and so is Sora himself. As such, at that very moment when Riku fell into that darkness, his heart was slightly weaker than Sora's. Sora, with his ability to reach into and connect to others' hearts, reached into Riku's and took the Keyblade. The only reason it stayed with Sora after that was because his heart was now stronger than Riku's.
As the Kingdom Key stayed with Sora during most of KH1, Sora's heart grew in power and the Keyblade gradually began to favor him. Then, when Riku's heart grew slightly stronger than Sora's, he took it back, making Sora's heart weaker and weaker as D and G abandoned him and was left with a wooden sword.
As we all know, Sora gained it back after Goofy defended him. That was the exact moment when the Kingdom Key became his own, forever (unless he somehow loses it again in KH3/in the next KH saga).
Because Sora is such a special person who was able to connect to Riku's heart like that, and was so nearby; that was the reason why the Kingdom Key even considered him. In any other case it probably would've waited for Riku's heart to grow strong once again.
And who's to say that those dreams were for Sora to gain the Kingdom Key? Perhaps he was soon going to gain his own and not take Riku's? Aqua herself said that Sora and Riku would both be able to inherit a Keyblade, but she felt Riku was already 'suggested' for it by Terra and didn't want two Keyblades in their friendship, remembering how it tore apart hers and Terra's.
As for the end of your comment, you once again mistake light for power. Riku's heart was weaker and Sora was able to connect to his heart. That's why the Kingdom Key went for Sora instead. Not because Riku had more darkness.
Yeah, yeah, EVERYBODY can say Sora isn't entitled to wield a keyblade. That's not me saying it, it's the ACTUAL ENDING. That was the point, Sora was only able to be a candidate thanks to his connection to Ventus.
Who says that? As I said before, Aqua herself considered to perform the ceremony on either Sora or Riku, but sensed Terra had already gotten to Riku and didn't want them to have two Keyblades in their friendship. Thus, Aqua being a Master and knowing what kind of kid to 'suggest' Wielding to a Keyblade, basically was saying that both Riku and Sora were worth one.
The fact that Ven's heart is in Sora only allows him to dual wield. Sora's first Keyblade was earned through taking it from Riku, making the thing consider him as a candidate, proving to the Keyblade he was worth it, and ultimately being chosen as its official wielder.
And I'm going to wait for the official English game for that last point you make. Nomura himself said that that second Keyblade was what he got from Ven. Sora earned that first, main Keyblade on his own. And if that last point is correct, then that is a retcon on Nomura's part.

I agree, no matter if he was supposed to be "a wielder" or not, it doesn't change the fact that he brings everyone together within himself, he's "all of them at a time" and that's why he'll end up being the most powerful. And even if that wasn't his destiny per say, he will be able to save the day once he masters his powers (which are related to all the people he met).
Yes, Sora is probably going to become one of, if not the most powerful Wielder in the series so far. I have a feeling that through adventuring alone, Sora will gain his own powers and be able to not have to rely on all his friends.

jerbear772

Ive got to say a lot of what you guys are saying is just ideas its not confirmed in the story or anywhere for that on what you guys say on these subjects.

D.D.D

Ive got to say a lot of what you guys are saying is just ideas its not confirmed in the story or anywhere for that on what you guys say on these subjects.
Which ideas are unconfirmed? You gotta elaborate here. All of what I've said has been proven through the games or through Nomura interviews. At the very least, they've been hinted at.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That Sora got the first keyblade from Riku on his own isn't been disputed at all, so I don't see the discrepancy here.

However, the fact that Sora could wield it and use it proficiently during KH 1 before Hollow Bastion where finally truly won the Keyblade over from Riku was because his heart got the wielding ability from Ventus' heart. That was never in dispute as well. Nomura always said that Sora is just a normal boy, so him gaining the ability to wield a Keyblade without any ceremony and any indirect influence from Ventus would actually make him more special than anyone in the whole series.
That would contradict way more than Ventus' heart having a hand in giving Sora the ability to wield (not the Keyblade itself, that was Sora himself through his connection to Riku).
The ability to wield and having a Keyblade is two different things. Kairi had the ability to wield ever since the unintentional ceremony done with Aqua, but no own Keyblade. Sora on the other hand got a Keyblade but had no ability to wield at first. This ability came due to the connection to Ventus.

Nomura never said otherwise, the only thing Nomura said is that Sora didn't inherit anything from Ventus or the others connected to him, which is true since no one actually gave anything to Sora. He can tap into their stuff through the connections. Sora says it himself, that the connections are what gives him his power.
Many people interpreted too much into Nomura's statements towards this that wasn't even there.
So he won't also lose anything (except maybe dual-wielding) when Ventus' heart is healed and leaves Sora. Having Ven's heart inside him is truly only for dual-wielding, but when Ventus is restored the connection between his and Sora's heart will surely remain intact (since it's a benevolent connection with benefits for both parties) and therefore Sora will still be able to wield his own Keyblade without any handicap.

Straythe

That's where Eraqus made his mistake. Light does not equal strength. Darkness does not equal weakness. The reason why Terra so easily fell to darkness and deception was because of this same belief that Eraqus forced on his student, thus Terra also believed he was weak because he had darkness in his heart. It was not true. Master Xehanort told him as such. And MX is not stupid and knew what he was talking about, even though he's a cruel and a horrible old geezer bent on ruling the universe.
For example, MX obviously has more darkness in his heart than Eraqus. Eraqus is filled with a lot of light. Who do you think would win? The man who can raise mountains, freeze people alive, scar people with darkness, split hearts in two, plan out a huge mastermind plot to create many clones of himself and take over the universe, and beat the crap out of two experienced young adults and a semi-powerful teen with one hand behind his back? Or the man who is felled by two simple shots of darkness to the face and loses in a fight against his own student?
MX, the being of greater darkness, would win. A heart's power is not measured by the amount of light or darkness it contains, it's measured by, well, pure power. You said before that Sora's all weak for 'leeching' off others, but he has a lot more light in his heart than Riku. Riku is more balanced. Your logic contradicts itself: since Sora has so much light in his heart, he should be the more powerful one, right? But it's arguable that Riku would kick his ass in a one on one fight, even though he has more darkness in his heart.
In short, Light does not equal power. Darkness does not equal weakness.

Looking at CO and how Terra was able after just a little time to gain more control and even blocked the entire body thanks to Eraqus' heart, I wouldn't say Eraqus is really "that weak".

He's been defeated by Terra, so what ? Terra might not have "special abilities" like rising mountains, but his actual power is clearly huge. He was able to overcome all of his enemies without trouble (or when he did he used darkness and it turned out easy), Vanitas was no problem for him and even though Xehanort wasn't trying to kill him, Terra was still able to counter all of his attacks (besides the 500 keyblades attack lol).

Remember Terra was able to defeat "Xehanort with a younger and stronger body", so yeah, the guy is strong.

Then, Riku is stronger than Sora ? Well, Terra is also stronger than Sora, that didn't stop Sora from defeating Ansem and the regular Xemnas (not the "fused" one at the end of KH2).

That's the point, since his heart can have many lights, he ends being the most powerful. He's the hero, of course he'll be the strongest >_> ...

Riku is strong on his own, but Sora has much more potential thanks to his connections.

The 7 lights and the 13 darknesses make up the X-Blade. Remember? And the universe has not been rebuilt. It's still in shambles, worlds disconnected and Kingdom Hearts stuck in the RoD.

You even bothered to check anything about the game ? The world they live in has been remade by the 7 hearts, period.

Also, 13 darknesses are not "13" beings of darkness. They are 13 Xehanorts. We already figured out the guy uses darkness as main power, he's special. All other "dark beings" fall short in comparison to Xehanort.

Yes, I said that before. But it doesn't choose random people. I never said that Aqua chose her either. The whole ceremony was, basically, an accident. Kairi didn't force the ceremony, either. When a Keyblade Wielder at Master level holds the Keyblade at the same time as a possible recruit does, it makes a suggestion to the Keyblade that, "Hey, keep a lookout on this person! I think they'd be a good wielder.", even if that same suggestion was intentional or not. The Keyblade does not care if the suggested person is filled with light or darkness. Thus, even if Kairi had been seething with dark energy it still would have kept her in mind.
She could not force the ceremony. You cannot force the ceremony if you're the receiver, even if you're a Princess of Heart. The Keyblade does not prioritize Light over Darkness.

1) Didn't Nomura say the "master" has to do so willingly ? (I guess to avoid the obvious "but they are touching bad guys with their keyblades while holding it all the time") So something different happened with Kairi.

2) Oh REALLY, keyblade does not prioritize light over darkness ?

Then, what did it do when it chose Sora over Riku =) ? Trick question. If it did not, indeed, prioritized light over darkness, but took Sora because his heart was the strongest nearest heart ... doesn't that mean Riku's heart weakened BECAUSE OF , AHMAHGAD, DARKNESS ?

The taking of the Kingdom Key between Sora and Riku is a special case, and so is Sora himself. As such, at that very moment when Riku fell into that darkness, his heart was slightly weaker than Sora's. Sora, with his ability to reach into and connect to others' hearts, reached into Riku's and took the Keyblade. The only reason it stayed with Sora after that was because his heart was now stronger than Riku's.
As the Kingdom Key stayed with Sora during most of KH1, Sora's heart grew in power and the Keyblade gradually began to favor him. Then, when Riku's heart grew slightly stronger than Sora's, he took it back, making Sora's heart weaker and weaker as D and G abandoned him and was left with a wooden sword.
As we all know, Sora gained it back after Goofy defended him. That was the exact moment when the Kingdom Key became his own, forever (unless he somehow loses it again in KH3/in the next KH saga).
Because Sora is such a special person who was able to connect to Riku's heart like that, and was so nearby; that was the reason why the Kingdom Key even considered him. In any other case it probably would've waited for Riku's heart to grow strong once again.
And who's to say that those dreams were for Sora to gain the Kingdom Key? Perhaps he was soon going to gain his own and not take Riku's? Aqua herself said that Sora and Riku would both be able to inherit a Keyblade, but she felt Riku was already 'suggested' for it by Terra and didn't want two Keyblades in their friendship, remembering how it tore apart hers and Terra's.
As for the end of your comment, you once again mistake light for power. Riku's heart was weaker and Sora was able to connect to his heart. That's why the Kingdom Key went for Sora instead. Not because Riku had more darkness.

The connexion between Sora, Riku, and the kingdom key is a little more complex than that. And I don't really want to elaborate (there's dozen of threads).
I guess I agree to an extent with you, but you're forgetting the actual scene. Sora DID NOT try to take the keyblade back when Riku took it. He didn't fight back, he was full of doubts and gave up.
When he confronted Riku again, he said this "even though my heart may be weak, it's grown with each new experience", he said all those new friends made him stronger. That's EXACTLY what happened. "My friends are my power", Sora's heart didn't change in a second, and in the end the keyblade chose him. He just realized how powerful he could become thanks to his friends, regained confidence, and the keyblade chose Sora to be his wielder again. (and ironically it happens when Riku turns into "dark Riku").

As for Aqua feeling Sora might be a wielder, pointless argument is pointless. He already had Ven's heart. So that's what she felt. (and if that's not the case nothing can prove that so yeah, pointless)

Who says that? As I said before, Aqua herself considered to perform the ceremony on either Sora or Riku, but sensed Terra had already gotten to Riku and didn't want them to have two Keyblades in their friendship. Thus, Aqua being a Master and knowing what kind of kid to 'suggest' Wielding to a Keyblade, basically was saying that both Riku and Sora were worth one.
The fact that Ven's heart is in Sora only allows him to dual wield. Sora's first Keyblade was earned through taking it from Riku, making the thing consider him as a candidate, proving to the Keyblade he was worth it, and ultimately being chosen as its official wielder.
And I'm going to wait for the official English game for that last point you make. Nomura himself said that that second Keyblade was what he got from Ven. Sora earned that first, main Keyblade on his own. And if that last point is correct, then that is a retcon on Nomura's part.

It's really getting tiring that you didn't even bother to check the game out. Read that.

Xigbar: That's it! You were able to bring forth that power because of your connection to someone's heart. You yourself are not a vessel that can use a Keyblade. But relax - we welcome you as a fellow vessel.

[Sora looks at his Keyblade.]

Sora: It doesn't matter if I myself don't have the power to use a Keyblade. It's fine for everyone's hearts to become power by passing through me. That's the power of the Keyblade -- those connected hearts are my power!

Yes, Sora is probably going to become one of, if not the most powerful Wielder in the series so far. I have a feeling that through adventuring alone, Sora will gain his own powers and be able to not have to rely on all his friends.

That would ruin Sora in my opinion. The only person who cares about "power" is Xehanort.

I think it's beautiful that Sora is able to bring everyone inside of his heart, I hope it stays the source of his power. After all, why would it change, since day one he said that his friends were his powers.

Though what he needs to do, is being able to be "more" resistant to bad emotions. But I don't think cutting those connexions would be a good idea, story wise.

We need Sora to be the hero who brings them all together. That doesn't mean he's "lame", that means he's extremely special, that's a rare power.

Waves_Blade

As for Aqua feeling Sora might be a wielder, pointless argument is pointless. He already had Ven's heart. So that's what she felt. (and if that's not the case nothing can prove that so yeah, pointless)

umm... that is completely wrong.

She met Sora before TAV even went to the keyblade graveyard.

Straythe

umm... that is completely wrong.

She met Sora before TAV even went to the keyblade graveyard.

Ok big boy, that's the moment where I should remind you that Ven connected to Sora in the first scene of the game, and that's what made him able to wake up. So yeah, my comment remains valid since that happened way before TAV even met Sora. Remember Vanitas' face maye ?

billyzanesucks

Exactly what was wrong with the keyblade choosing Sora? I don't think anyone takes the kid seriously enough. There's no shame in gaining strength from someone else's heart. Sora had the heart of a wielder in him, so it's fine for him to wield. I doubt that Kairi could have done a much better job saving the worlds.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ok big boy, that's the moment where I should remind you that Ven connected to Sora in the first scene of the game, and that's what made him able to wake up. So yeah, my comment remains valid since that happened way before TAV even met Sora. Remember Vanitas' face maye ?

That doesn't mean that Sora already had Ven's heart which is exactly what Waves_Blade meant.
Sora did not have Ven's heart already when Aqua met him. In fact, Ventus' heart only went to Sora after Aqua placed Ven's body in the Chamber of Waking in Castle Oblivion.
What Sora did in the Prologue of BBS was connecting with Ven's heart.
And that's what also gave him the ability to wield. So all those worried that Sora might lose the Keyblade can rest their case anyways since Ventus' heart entering Sora's did not change anything regarding Sora's ability to wield nor did it bestow any other power upon Sora except the ability to dual wield.

Again in bold for all those who think Sora might lose the Keyblade and/or the ability to wield one:
Ven's heart inside Sora has no impact on the actual Keyblade (that's Sora's own) and the ability to wield a Keyblade (this ability is NOT granted by Ven's heart resting inside Sora's but by Sora's connection to Ven's heart).
So as long as the connection between Ven's and Sora's hearts remains intact Sora will always be able to wield if he has by now not even gained the ability for himself.

Exactly what was wrong with the keyblade choosing Sora? I don't think anyone takes the kid seriously enough. There's no shame in gaining strength from someone else's heart. Sora had the heart of a wielder in him, so it's fine for him to wield. I doubt that Kairi could have done a much better job saving the worlds.

The Keyblade itself choosing Sora without any other at least indirect influence is "wrong" because it contradicts Nomura's repeated claims (it wasn't only once!) that Sora is just a normal boy without any special super power apart from the "heart connections".
Sora gained the Keyblade originally from his heart's connection to Riku's heart, while the ability to proficiently wield it came originally from his connection to Ven's heart.

And by the way, I actually doubt that anyone is actually doubting Sora's accomplishments so far, it's rather some irrational fear that Sora might lose the Keyblade or the ability to wield it for some reason, which is ridiculous since it's already plenty much shown that he will retain it.

Straythe

That doesn't mean that Sora already had Ven's heart which is exactly what Waves_Blade meant.
Well, I meant he had "a powerful" link with Ven's heart. You can see that I actually said "connected" in my second answer. He implied the Ven connexion wasn't made / Sora's wielding ability only came from Ven's actual heart, which is wrong.

What Sora did in the Prologue of BBS was connecting with Ven's heart.
That's a special connexion though, since Sora filled up Ven's heart to "complete" it, he gained a few things (the face and wielding ability ?), it was a little more complex than the regular connexions he had with everybody.

The Keyblade itself choosing Sora without any other at least indirect influence is "wrong" because it contradicts Nomura's repeated claims (it wasn't only once!) that Sora is just a normal boy without any special super power apart from the "heart connections".
Sora gained the Keyblade originally from his heart's connection to Riku's heart, while the ability to proficiently wield it came originally from his connection to Ven's heart.
Oh nice, I never thought of it like this ! It's like Sora actually got Riku's keyblade because he was able to "channel" Riku within his heart in a way, thanks to his connexion.

That explains why Riku could take it back even though it went to Sora first (as long as Sora didn't try to get it back too).

That actually answers my question about how is it that Kairi that had a "stronger" heart wasn't chosen instead of Sora =) . Because Sora was the closest thing to Riku, while still having a strong and unstained heart.

And by the way, I actually doubt that anyone is actually doubting Sora's accomplishments so far
What ? I was among the few persons defending Sora on the "translation" thread ... It seems everybody likes to spit on him and say he's weaker than everybody else. (go figure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back