• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Natural Selection

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

1. The Keyblade chooses its Master
Can you name a time other than Sora that the keyblade chose someone who'd didn't gone through the ceremony? Sorry but our point still stands. Sora's the only exception to that rule cause of his connection to Ven and Riku. Yeah the keyblade chooses its master but it doesn't chose any random fluzy.
2. Maybe it's a chance of redemption for Lea. He done alot as Axel and only had a chance to change because of Xion and Roxas. THink of that.

But dose he need a keyblade to do so? On of the likeable things about Axel/Lea was how he wielded his Chakrams with such awesomeness against powerful foes and now that uniqueness is gone. :/

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
or u know when ven and lea were both touching toe wooden keyblade o,o it could of happened by accident and be reinforced when he met with roxas who was part ven

That not a keyblade its a toy, carved from wood. All keyblades are forged from magic and adamantium.
Matter fact i bet the toy was proably very old from back when keyblades were more common

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
What's wrong with fan service? And who knows what went down in the RoS.

There's nothing wrong with fanservice as long as it does not get overdone. While I personally don't see it as that much problematic that Lea got a Keyblade the question if that was really neccessary must be allowed to be asked.
Axel/Lea already is quite an important character and he is also already pretty badass enough with his chakrams and fire magic.
Him now getting a keyblade also leads people to assume he may play an even more important role in the final battle and maybe even be one of the seven lights of the X-blade, which would lead his importance from a major supporting character to an actual major character, diminishing the importance of Xehanort's actual main enemies, which should be the Keyblade wielders we already know like Mickey, TAV, Sora, Riku (Kairi can be included since it was more or less explained in BBS) and maybe Roxas and Xion, who were actually screwed over by Xehanort.
Or, to make it shorter: We already have enough Keyblade wielders, if a character needs a Keyblade to remain important in the series there might be something wrong with the narrative. At least that is what I gather from most of the opinions against Lea suddenly gaining a Keyblade.

Why does everyone think that. Kairi, Xion, TAV, and Lea get a keyblade and now it's automatically fanservice.
TAV don't really count because they were advertised as Keyblade Wielders from the very beginning.
Xion is directly connected to both Sora and Roxas, not to mention her Keyblade was fake, so it's also a different story.
Kairi's case can be interpreted differently, either by her "completing" the Keyblade Trio late right now and KH 2 (with later added explanations from BBS) counting as subtle foreshadowing or by the writers and developers just noticing how useless she was (main plot wise, not character-wise) after KH1 ended and could not come up with a better idea than giving her a Keyblade.
Lea now might be the next step up on this for some parts of the fandom, also since he gets his Keyblade practically out of nowhere and there exists no sufficient explanation why it is neccessary for him to suddenly get one anyways.
There is no action or spot that can't be reasonably taken or done by one of the already established Keyblade Wielders.

"My God", where did I say Lea wasn't important ?

Why is it fan service more than the others ? Cause they all have a legitimate reason for having a keyblade. (made out of Sora or having been CHOSEN by effing masters)

Lea ? Nothing. That's what I was asking. I didn't say he wasn't important, I just asked what were your ideas (and theories) concerning how he got a keyblade, since Nomura stated Sora was the only exception. And he was only because of his "special ability" to connect to others' heart.

I'm still trying to figure out how Lea can be a wielder without

1) Having the sponge heart

2) having been chosen by a master (or equivalent)

Also, I'm not sure how "being important" means "having a keyblade".

"ololz he wus so important in two games" yeah, and he didn't have a keyblade in said games, so I still don't see why it was needed for him to get one. Especially since you know, he's not showing up behind Sora's "hearts" (unlike TAV Xion and Kairi, btw).

Good point, that's also what I see in it more than anything.
Lea could have remained an important character just fine without gaining a Keyblade, as he practically was already anyways.

True, we don't know the reasons for why Lea gained a Keyblade, but one has also to remember that it was exactly the same with Kairi until Birth by Sleep came out.
It is very probable that we may get the explanation for Lea in the future.
Although I do hope that Lea's legitimate reason is then the same as Terra's, Ven's, Aqua's or Riku's, meaning a official ceremony has been made for him (either by Yen Sid or Mickey) and not that he gets Sora's unique way, meaning that the exception wouldn't be an exception anymore.

Being important = having a Keyblade should not be the case, but seeing such things one may doubt if the creators actually see it that way, lol.
That's practically the only thing that bothers me a tad about it. What is the need to give him a Keyblade when he was fine and important enough without it.

But that's not what I said.

Kairi was a "prime candidate", but if Aqua hadn't performed the ceremony (by mistake), she would not be able to wield.

It has been revealed that Sora was only able to wield because of his bond with Ven (not Ven's heart) even though he had no ceremony, and that he was able to take Riku's keyblade thanks to his bond with Riku.

So how can Lea, who has no "sponge heart" like Sora, and who wasn't chosen like EVERYBODY ELSE, wield a keyblade ?

I didn't say he wasn't strong enough to get a keyblade, I was asking for specifics.

Unlike Roxas and Xion, Lea is not made out of Sora.

The point is, we don't know if Lea has got the ceremony during the course of Dream Drop Distance somewhere off-screen.

We don't know what made him able to wield, so I'll reserve judgement on this until later.

Dude I totally agree with you. The fact Lea has a keyblade makes no sense. He as far as we know hasn't gone though the ceremony and I hope they don't do him like the did Sora cause Sora is said to be the ONLY special case.

Like I said above, we don't know if he had the ceremony or not. If we don't want/wish to assert him the same special trait as Sora (that would really be overdoing it btw.) we should maybe assume that he had it until we get other information.

I will make this simple with two points

1. The Keyblade chooses its Master
2. Maybe it's a chance of redemption for Lea. He done alot as Axel and only had a chance to change because of Xion and Roxas. THink of that.

The Keyblade chooses its Master doesn't hold single weight anymore since we know more about the whole process.
We know now that the "will" of the Keyblade alone is only one component. Other components include the inheritance ceremony (or as in Sora's rare case, having a strong direct connection to a heart with wielding ability) as well as having a memory of holding one.

So just dismissing the issue with "The Keyblade did it itself" isn't sufficient anymore. It's also a plain Deus Ex Machina explanation.

Since when does one need a Keyblade to redeem him/herself? Lea was doing just fine even in DDD itself by blocking an attack of friggin' Master Geezernort himself just with his plain chakrams.
The problem as I see it from most comments is not Lea actually getting a Keyblade but the reason why he gets one. It doesn't add anything new or really important to his character, so if one calls that "simple fanservice" I'm afraid they aren't that off.

Can you name a time other than Sora that the keyblade chose someone who'd didn't gone through the ceremony? Sorry but our point still stands. Sora's the only exception to that rule cause of his connection to Ven and Riku. Yeah the keyblade chooses its master but it doesn't chose any random fluzy.

But dose he need a keyblade to do so? On of the likeable things about Axel/Lea was how he wielded his Chakrams with such awesomeness against powerful foes and now that uniqueness is gone. :/

With Sora it also wasn't the Keyblade itself who did all the decisions by itself, as you said, the connections to Riku and Ventus also played their part in it as these "connections to hearts" are Sora's only "unique" power (Xehanort has something similar, but it works quite different and opposite to Sora's).

A Keyblade has to accept its wielder too, yes, but the Keyblade alone does not make the decision completely of its own.

That's really the main gist of the critic I would say, it comes over as somewhat unneccessary as Axel/Lea is already an important character. Normally he would not need an upgrade.

lea has connections to ven/sora/roxas/xion

That doesn't really mean anything. Being connected to someone doesn't give you a Keyblade.
Going by that Logic Donald and Goofy should have long gotten a Keyblade already due to their close connections to Mickey. Not to mention Minnie should have then a Keyblade too. Heck, even Tidus, Wakka and Selphie should then have a Keyblade due to their connections to Riku.
And besides, Lea does not have that much of a connection to Ventus (practically the only real chosen one of those four above anyways), they met for barely 20 minutes over 10 years ago.

That not a keyblade its a toy, carved from wood. All keyblades are forged from magic and adamantium.
Matter fact i bet the toy was proably very old from back when keyblades were more common

Of course, the wooden Keyblade can't be used to make an inheritance ceremony, that proposal doesn't hold water also due to two more reasons.

1st: The chosen new wielder and the owner of that Keyblade must hold it at the same time (Lea and Ven never touched it at the same time).
2nd: The owner of the Keyblade must be at Master-power level, which Ventus was clearly not during BBS-time. He wasn't even capable of performing the ceremony even if he had used his real Keyblade and not the wooden facsimile.

Seighart

Awards
Well...one would think there's more to the key blade than what we already know. I mean its one of those cliffhangers Nomura likes to have in his games for exactly this purpose, speculation. If not put together by us, the fans, it will surely be explained in the game to come. The way i see it, Lea got it by some means that haven't been explained yet.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic
Well, there's on thing we agree on Straythe: we both feel that Lea's acquiring of a Keyblade was probably nothing more than fanservice. I think it would've been better for him to stay with the Chakrams. They fit him more, IDK. I also liked the fact that he was the only main character besides Donald and Goofy to not have gotten a Keyblade. :(. The Keyblade used to be so special. I mean, jeez, Sora and Riku were fighting over the Kingdom Key in KH1 and now the KH universe is flooded with them.
Now almost everyone has one.

Seighart

Awards
Well, there's on thing we agree on Straythe: we both feel that Lea's acquiring of a Keyblade was probably nothing more than fanservice. I think it would've been better for him to stay with the Chakrams. They fit him more, IDK. I also liked the fact that he was the only main character besides Donald and Goofy to not have gotten a Keyblade. :(. The Keyblade used to be so special. I mean, jeez, Sora and Riku were fighting over the Kingdom Key in KH1 and now the KH universe is flooded with them.

If you consider Xehanort, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Vanitus, Sora, Riku, Roxas, Xion, and Mickey as everyone than your right. I honestly don't see why having more than a couple people have a keyblade makes it any less special. I mean come on...there was a war...and im pretty sure there could've been 100+ wielders. Fan service? I don't think so. Nomura had most of the story planned from the start. The fact that Lea got a keyblade is important to the story. Only thing fan service could have done was to give him dual keyblades because of his connections to Sora and Roxas. -_- Im against it being anything about fan service...pure story telling elements.

Seighart

Awards

If you consider Xehanort, Terra, Aqua, Ven, Vanitus, Sora, Riku, Roxas, Xion, and Mickey as everyone than your right. I honestly don't see why having more than a couple people have a keyblade makes it any less special. I mean come on...there was a war...and im pretty sure there could've been 100+ wielders. Fan service? I don't think so. Nomura had most of the story planned from the start. The fact that Lea got a keyblade is important to the story. Only thing fan service could have done was to give him dual keyblades because of his connections to Sora and Roxas. -_- Im against it being anything about fan service...pure story telling elements.

Edit: Sorry for double post, site said error and didnt post the first time. Delete one pl0x.

Nyx Winters

The Dawn Fox
Awards

Edit: Sorry for double post, site said error and didnt post the first time. Delete one pl0x.

finally someone making sense thank the world

AntiRiku*Axel

This is going to sound stupid, but.. I don't really think that the inheritance ceremony has to be the only way to get a keyblade. Even if you exclude Sora and his connections, can we really say that every single keyblade wielder in history was chosen by a keyblade master? What about the first wielder? In that case, the keyblade would've had to choose him/her. I really don't want Lea's wielding ability to "just be fanservice." Nomura has had this story planned out since the start, and considering all the curveballs he threw us with DDD, anything is possible. Anyway, concerning the 7 lights, if Sora and Terra are both on MX's side (cuz how can we really decide where Terra is?), I won't be surprised if the 7th one is some "good" form of Xehanort. EDIT: On second thought, after watching the secret ending again, Mickey said they just needed a seventh one. If the seventh one was Kairi, as it was implied, then the other six would be Mickey, Lea, Riku, Aqua, Ven, and either Sora or Terra. If Sora is with the dark, then Terranort would have to separate again.

Also, backtracking a little bit, at the time when Sora got his keyblade, I don't believe for a second that the darkness made Riku weaker. Riku just gave up, and as we've seen throughout the games, that's the true sign of weakness. I mean if you look at him now, he's practically one of the strongest wielders because he can use both light and dark. Although MX is twisted and effed up, he was toying with the belief that light and dark must coexist. Terra's not an idiot, so if this wasn't the case, he wouldn't have fallen for it. Thus, why both Eraqus and, eventually, MX were destined to lose.

Waves_Blade

I'd honestly say try thousands of weidlers back in the original keyblade war. There are a CRAP LOAD of keyblades at the crossroads in BBS.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It actually makes sense for Lea to get a Keyblade.

Think about it, there have to be 7 lights to protect the princesses and fight the 13 darknesses. We know Sora, Riku, Mickey, Terra, Aqua, and Ven are six of the lights. Roxas and Xion probably would not work as part of the 7 lights because they originate from Sora, so there are probably complications there.

So either Lea is the 7th light of the X-Blade or he is a substitute for Terra until Terra can be saved and restored to his rightful place as one of the 7 lights. If the later is the case then it begs the question who the true 7th light is. I doubt it is Kairi as she is already a Princesses of Heart and would be one of the one the seven lights should be protecting.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, since the 7 lights are supposed to be the protectors of the princesses of heart, I like to think of the 7 lights as knights of the princesses, and decided to pair them up with who works best as each princesses protector.

1. Cinderella: Terra (Cinderella was really the only princess he had a connection to and they seemed to help eachother out alot)

2. Snow White: Ventus (He already protected her once in BBS, plus Snow White seemed to like Ven from the moment they met)

3. Jasmine: Lea (They seem like a good pair, maybe its where I picture Lea's keyblade style being like Aladdin's fighting style)

4. Belle: Riku (After his bad past with Beast it would be interesting to see Beast letting Riku protect her)

5. Alice: Mickey (I don't know why but these two seem like a good pair, maybe because Alice wouldn't find a talking mouse weird at all)

6. Aurora: Aqua (The last princesses of BBS, and Aqua is a hero of BBS, plus Aqua was the one who brought the prince to her)

7. Kairi: Sora (For Obvious Reasons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back