• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

National Novel Writing Month

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Does writing the short synopsis count for anything? xD
Funny you should mention that. Since I'm using CLASSIC as my writing piece for this, most of what I've written so far has been 'catching up' with what's happened so far in the Forgotten Forest Expansion, since I'd like this to work as a starting point as well. Though I'm still at less than a thousand words in, I don't think I'm going to have much problems catching up with my goal of 1k a day. Heck, I might push it up to 1.7k words a day to get to 50,000.

CD, do you have an account?
I sure don't!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
About 3,500 words for me so far....

Okay, confession time. I haven't written anything new for my story so far. I've got a lot of homework I've been dealing with, so I've been using the bits and pieces I already had on my comp for my story. Do you think those count, since they haven't been published anywhere else? I hope they do; I'm trying to write my book, and they're a part of it! *dives back into her homework while trying to push Rhys and Lily out of her head for the moment, but not so far out that they won't talk to her on Tuesday when she gets back to writing up the rest of the chapter she's working on right now*

Noel

Awards
Eternal Dream said:
Okay, confession time. I haven't written anything new for my story so far. I've got a lot of homework I've been dealing with, so I've been using the bits and pieces I already had on my comp for my story. Do you think those count, since they haven't been published anywhere else? I hope they do; I'm trying to write my book, and they're a part of it! *dives back into her homework while trying to push Rhys and Lily out of her head for the moment, but not so far out that they won't talk to her on Tuesday when she gets back to writing up the rest of the chapter she's working on right now*
They insist that you should create a new story, but honestly if you think about it. No one can create an entirely new story in less than a month. NaNoWriMo's goal is just to have you write. As long as you're writing from your own brain, I'm sure they won't mind as long as you reach the goal. Anything counts as long as its from you. :]

CD-Mann said:
I sure don't!
I hereby declare you King Loki.

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
And it's not like it's super-duper cheating, either. I took a look at it, and everything I've got totals up to 5,340 on word count. All it does is lets me use the weekend to focus on the homework I have due in the next couple of days while still keeping me on track for the 50k word count. And like I said, it's my story I've had banging around in my head pretty much for the last eight years; I wanna know the full count!

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Am I...Am I the only one who brainstormed for 11 days and refused to write a single thing till the 1st? My story is COMPLETELY new to me. No reusing or updating or anything. Absolutely brand-spanking-new.

Noel

Awards
Am I...Am I the only one who brainstormed for 11 days and refused to write a single thing till the 1st? My story is COMPLETELY new to me. No reusing or updating or anything. Absolutely brand-spanking-new.
If I had the power to, I would create a new award for you called "Writer Ruler" for well..following the to rules to the fabric. <3333

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
You go for following the rules, Chibs, but I can't. I can do a short story from whole cloth, but something that tallies up to novel length, I can't. A friend actually turned me onto this because he thought it'd be right up my alley; and he was right. What he didn't say, but kind of implied, is that if I've got a challenge, I might finally focus on getting my book written. And he's right; I have all these good intentions of writing my book, but they always get shoved aside because of the classic "I don't have time to write" excuse. I'll get bits and pieces done, but it doesn't go any further. But my friends and family know me; if someone plops a challenge down in front of me, and I decide to pick it up, I'm gonna grab it in my teeth and run with it. I usually follow the rules, and from here on out I am, because I've got nothing else except for what's been played out in my head; but sometimes, I've been known to bend the rules a bit so I can get done what needs to get done.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Well regardless, I've tallied up for today. I hit my goal of 4,000 (6,000 was my 'ha, that's funny' goal) and am ending with 4,223. I would've done more today, but I had chores to do and wasn't at home to type the whole time.

Noel

Awards
Can you explain to me about the website? Do we have to turn it in there? Or can we just post it here, on the forum?
At the end yus. But for right now, you can just write the title, a small excerpt and synopsis. The main thing you should focus on is the word count, which you can find out by pasting what you have on a word count website or check on Microsoft Word. The best thing you should do right now though is make an account before its to late.

Feel free to post what you have on here too. :3

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Can you explain to me about the website? Do we have to turn it in there? Or can we just post it here, on the forum?
All you hafta do is get an account and keep up with your word count as you type. You don't post your story at all yet. You simply input how many words you've typed on a regular basis. Nobody gets to see your draft or anything because all you gotta do is show the number.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Just throwing this out there: Where do you post the amount of words you wrote on your account? (I wasn't aware I could type my story elsewhere instead of directly on the website; which changes everything for me. x3

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Just throwing this out there: Where do you post the amount of words you wrote on your account? (I wasn't aware I could type my story elsewhere instead of directly on the website; which changes everything for me. x3

When you log in, at the very top next to your user name there's a "Words so Far" meter that you update~

Yeah, don't worry about posting your story on the website. You can't even post the whole thing there at this time, lol. Just an extended excerpt.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm going to try my best(yes I know I'm a few days late), but in case any of y'all want to add me, my username on that site is Altered Tundra(my usual one for anything xD).

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
For whatever reason, the site is having problems whenever I try to enter in my novel. I also tried to add you in as a writing buddy, King Sora X. I'll try again tomorrow. I've finally written a thousand words plus one. xD I know it's not a lot, but I was busy today.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
For whatever reason, the site is having problems whenever I try to enter in my novel. I also tried to add you in as a writing buddy, King Sora X. I'll try again tomorrow. I've finally written a thousand words plus one. xD I know it's not a lot, but I was busy today.
The site's been wonky since NaNo launched; they're trying to fix the servers and problems and such, so hopefully they can fix it soon! ;0;

and i've only written 200 words today //sob i'm a failure ;A;

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
The site's been wonky since NaNo launched; they're trying to fix the servers and problems and such, so hopefully they can fix it soon! ;0;

and i've only written 200 words today //sob i'm a failure ;A;

oh goodness. I'm glad it's not just me experiencing a problem then. I actually thought maybe something was wrong with my computer. :3

You're not a failure, Rena! Didn't you write a bunch of words already? 200 isn't that bad! :D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Just don't take this seriously. For real, I don't want anyone stressing over this. I made this thread and my general attitude towards this is 'meh.' Just have fun with it.

Also, I got around to making an account. CD-Mann.

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
I was going to do an original novel, but then an idea for a fanfic hit me, so I ended up going with that. Who knows? I might even post it here on KHi as I complete more chapters. I actually finished my first chapter, which came to a little over 2000 words, so go me. :D

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I would've jumped on this if I had a computer to type with. :c Guess I'll just... continue handwriting my story. *glances at my notebook paper, which amounts to fifty sheets, wide-rule* Ugh. .-. So much for joining in on the fun~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back