• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NASA Telescope Confirms Alien Planet in Habitable Zone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
NASA Telescope Confirms Alien Planet in Habitable Zone - Yahoo! News

Don't turn this into a religious discussion. Life on other planets doesn't prove nor disrepute any religion.

Synopsis: NASA scientists believe they have found a planet in a neighboring solar system that can possibly sustain life. Apparently there's proof of running water?

Discuss.

D

Deleted member 36435

I'm a wait for further developments. And thank you for that bit about religion, it annoys me when people claim extraterrestrial life would disprove it.
See, you say this shit and you are just asking for people to come in and point out the contradiction that is so glaringly obvious in this.

Awesome, news though. I can't wait to find more out about Kepler-22b. Hopefully, it will be one of the things I study.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
So how far is this place exactly? But yeah, this is an amazing discovery but the possibility of aliens existing scares the shit outta me haha

SoraXVen

That's really exciting. But technically we know aliens lived in mars at a certain point. The fossils found were of lower life forms but they were there. but it'd be cool if we could find larger live creatures over there.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well, guess we'll never be getting there in any lifetime :3
Welp, some futurists say that those who will live to see technological immortality come to pass are among the younger generations currently alive, so the definition of 'lifetime' may become meaningless~

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Wonder how we'd react some day if we randomly found an Earth-like planet currently* housing an evolving humanoid species.

*lol you get what I mean with space-time differences :v

Dross263

Now we only need to build a spaceship that can travel at 600x times the speed of light and we'd be there in a year!

And being serious, there are plenty of other planets that are like 30 times closer than this one with conditions similar to Earth's, there is "Gliese 581 d" and "HD 85512 b", and many more but I don't know their names just that they are there xD

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
would you really want to live forever
Of course I don't want to live forever, that'd be hell. I just want the option to live longer than my 'allotted' 80 years or so.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
would you really want to live forever

If you live forever, eventually, you'll become alone and/or go insane. But if you don't, you die in a few years. Neither idea is particularly appealing.

Of course I don't want to live forever, that'd be hell. I just want the option to live longer than my 'allotted' 80 years or so.

This option, however, seems slightly more appealing.

Life on other planets doesn't prove nor disrepute any religion.

I thought that, according to Christian mythology, Earth was the only planet.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I saw this the other day. Interesting but not surprising given how much of anything is out there in space.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I thought that, according to Christian mythology, Earth was the only planet.

I don't know what Christian mythology is.

If you're referring to the religion, there is not a single verse of the Bible that says Earth is the only planet. And even if it did, that would have already been disproven by the existence of planets in our solar system.

Way to not bring up religion as stated in the opening post...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't know what Christian mythology is.

If you're referring to the religion, there is not a single verse of the Bible that says Earth is the only planet. And even if it did, that would have already been disproven by the existence of planets in our solar system.

Way to not bring up religion as stated in the opening post...

Sorry. My bad. And I call it mythology because it hasn't officially been proven, like Greek Mythology.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Although I'm sure we can discover quite a bit about Kepler-22B from afar, it saddens me that no technology within our lifetimes will allow an actual visit, even from a probe. Then again, I'm hardly up-to-date on astronautical technology...

Sorry. My bad. And I call it mythology because it hasn't officially been proven, like Greek Mythology.

Because people currently believe in it, Christianity is officially dubbed a "religion".
The Greek Pantheon hasn't been worshiped in ages.

Virus, I'm afraid that by asking viewers to not discuss religion, you've incited people to do so.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Although I'm sure we can discover quite a bit about Kepler-22B from afar, it saddens me that no technology within our lifetimes will allow an actual visit, even from a probe. Then again, I'm hardly up-to-date on astronautical technology...

Because people currently believe in it, Christianity is officially dubbed a "religion".
The Greek Pantheon hasn't been worshiped in ages.

Again, I apologize for bringing up the subject. I realize it has little (nothing) to do with the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back