• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine's Birth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas7340

Why is Namine born when Kairi's heart leaves Sora's body, but she is not born when Kairi's heart leaves her own body?

In both cases, her heart leaves a body. What makes the Sora case more special than the Kairi case? Is it the fact that they had to have Kairi's body for the KHI plot? Of course, that is just the out-of-universe explanation. What is an in-universe explanation for this?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Kairi has no Darkness in her heart and therefore cannot create a Nobody because there's no corresponding Heartless. If someone's heart goes into a stasis, or another receptacle instead of turning into a Heartless, then the body it left doesn't give way and reform as a Nobody. It stays vacant in the Realm of Light.

When Kairi's heart left Sora's body, his body was giving way to Sora's darkness and reforming as Roxas. This eclipse of sorts lead to the birth of Namine and is also why even though she's Kairi's nobody she has power over Sora's heart and memories.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Why is Namine born when Kairi's heart leaves Sora's body, but she is not born when Kairi's heart leaves her own body?

In both cases, her heart leaves a body. What makes the Sora case more special than the Kairi case? Is it the fact that they had to have Kairi's body for the KHI plot? Of course, that is just the out-of-universe explanation. What is an in-universe explanation for this?

Well I wrote it in the other thread, but there is a reason why none of the princess left behind heartless and nobody when they lost their hearts. I think and don't quote me here it' because there is no darkness in their hearts therefore they can't create a heartless and subsequently a nobody.

But when Sora stabbed himself, Kairi's heart left Sora's body and a heartless was born even though it wasn't hers. Namine is special a you know in that she never got to use (giggity) Kairi's body in her existence like the other nobodies.

Anagram

Banned
So in basic terms she formed due to Sora's darkness just like his heartless and own nobody did.
It does make you wonder why Namine had to go back to kairi when she never took anything from her.

Would make sense given the PoH are supposed to lack darkness and as we've seen they do. Darkness is needed to make a heartless and in turn a heartless being born is needed to make a nobody even if the heart lost doesn't stay a heartless. (like Sora and Xehanort)

Veritas7340

Kairi has no Darkness in her heart and therefore cannot create a Nobody because there's no corresponding Heartless. If someone's heart goes into a stasis, or another receptacle instead of turning into a Heartless, then the body it left doesn't give way and reform as a Nobody. It stays vacant in the Realm of Light.

When Kairi's heart left Sora's body, his body was giving way to Sora's darkness and reforming as Roxas. This eclipse of sorts lead to the birth of Namine and is also why even though she's Kairi's nobody she has power over Sora's heart and memories.

Oh okay that makes sense. Princesses of Heart cannot create Nobodies because they cannot create Heartless. 2 hearts left Sora body, so Sora's body created two Nobodies: one for himself and one for Kairi.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It does make you wonder why Namine had to go back to kairi when she never took anything from her.

My head cannon for that was just Namine didn't know where else to go because she considers herself a Kairi's nobody so she just figure that's what all nobody must do. We never did see an issue of Kairi&Namine existing at the same time like we did with Sora/Roxas so it seems if Nami knew more information, she could have stayed her own being.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
My head cannon for that was just Namine didn't know where else to go because she considers herself a Kairi's nobody so she just figure that's what all nobody must do. We never did see an issue of Kairi&Namine existing at the same time like we did with Sora/Roxas so it seems if Nami knew more information, she could have stayed her own being.
I think it's been said that Namine's a pretty unstable being because of the unorthodox method of her creation, and from what I've seen, unlike Roxas, she doesn't have a very strong desire for an independent existence. Heck, she seems to hate the stuff she's capable of, what with messing with memories and all. I'm not too surprised that she returned to Kairi once she felt like her part was done.

Hovhannes1998

So in basic terms she formed due to Sora's darkness just like his heartless and own nobody did.

Would make sense given the PoH are supposed to lack darkness and as we've seen they do. Darkness is needed to make a heartless and in turn a heartless being born is needed to make a nobody even if the heart lost doesn't stay a heartless. (like Sora and Xehanort)

This explains Namine's ability over Sora's memories. She is part of Sora. So does that mean that Sora was half boy half girl when he housed Kairi's heart?

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
This explains Namine's ability over Sora's memories. She is part of Sora. So does that mean that Sora was half boy half girl when he housed Kairi's heart?

That would have been fun to see a more feminine Sora but nah. Kairi's heart had no effect on Sora physical appearance and only rarely did it effect Sora in general.

Anagram

Banned
I like this headcanon. *adopts headcanon*

I think it's been said that Namine's a pretty unstable being because of the unorthodox method of her creation, and from what I've seen, unlike Roxas, she doesn't have a very strong desire for an independent existence. Heck, she seems to hate the stuff she's capable of, what with messing with memories and all. I'm not too surprised that she returned to Kairi once she felt like her part was done.
This is possible. Unlike most nobodies Namine didn't have anything of Kairi at all since Kairi can't make heartless or nobodies. Shes basically nothing made real....

No she was a girl and that's it. Kairis heart made Namine but Sora just allowed her to form.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards

I guess I can see that, but we only see her become unstable when is holding Kairi hand. It seems that's a thing we should jut assume rather than just see.

Your 2nd point is very valid but I think she only feels that way because the majority of her existence she hung out with Diz who will make anybody want to go away forever lol.

Roxas probably was the only reason she ever consider that maybe she won't disappear for good and maybe she can live on somewhere. But again Nami isn't that logical like most charachter so it's tough to expect a charachter like her to have a deep philosophical reason why she does stuff lol.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Oh okay that makes sense. Princesses of Heart cannot create Nobodies because they cannot create Heartless. 2 hearts left Sora body, so Sora's body created two Nobodies: one for himself and one for Kairi.

Precisely, and this is why Namine is a very strange nobody, because the circumstances of her birth defy the natural way in which a Nobody is supposed to come into being. It might also be the reason why her name is not an anagram of "Kairi" with an X, but I'm pretty sure that was confirmed to be an Organization thing, so most Nobodies actually aren't named that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back