• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Light

faster than
Awards
Say this. Nobody knows what Namine is. I think that maybe, just maybe, that she is a Lingering Sentiment. I know how impossible this may seem but... I guess that could explain why she is and was so... different.

Light

faster than
Awards
She's not what? Nobody or Lingering Sentiment. At the moment Lingering Sentiments seem pretty big around. We got a suspicion on MF, we know VS, then theres Terra's. So why not? And hey this is just a minor guess. It's not like I've spent time about it.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
But Namine demonstrates a range of characteristics - such as intelligence, memory and emotion - that all other Lingering Sentiments thus far lack, not to mention her birth was different to the creation of all understood Lingering Sentiments.

Light

faster than
Awards
Mmmmh. I don't think she is one but its just a minor idea I had. But Sentiments all have phenominal and strange powers. It though you are right. Unless Sentiments gain access to those over time just like Nobodies. Like Roxas for 10 days couldn't even talk. All the Sentiments weren't around for very long.
Terra's Lingering Sentiment= about 5 min TOPS
VS= about a day or 2
MF= ????

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
All the Sentiments weren't around for very long.
Terra's Lingering Sentiment= about 5 min TOPS
Sora's battle with Terra's Lingering Sentiment took place in his own time. Terra's LS was still brimming with hate - maintained by it - more than a decade after the events of Birth by Sleep.

Crystal

Silver Member
Namine is create from Kairi's heart by using Sora's body and soul.
I think she is the most mysterious girl in the game, how she able to modify Sora's memories still not clear >.>
Although, maybe drawing xD

Radar

Bronze Member
I really wish we could read that report "The Truth on Namine." That drives me crazy. Do you think DiZ knows exactly what Namine is?

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I actually wouldn't rule out Namine being a Lingering Sentiment. It actually adds up seeing Kairi's character concept, more or less. Some deformed version of her wish to be by Sora's side and take care of him. Alternatively, to have him as per the more or less obvious romantic intents she seems to harbor. Can be part of why Namine believes so much Sora cares for Kairi - it's the wish that gave birth to her.

As for her being a Nobody, I doubt it. About the only reason why Diz called her that is because she was born when Roxas was - being born out of the same process as a Nobody, it was easy to label her as one herself. But I can sort of see resemblances between Namine's birth and Terra's LS's birth.
We have Hearts leaving bodies here, Hearts being taken over by Darkness, and vessels going missing. Yes, It's Terra's vessel that stayed around while MX's disappeared but that can be part of why Namine's still a special existence, which is most likely the case, even if she's an LS.
As for Terra's LS being obsessed by hate - Orion, you're forgetting that prior to that he recalled meeting Sora and Riku on DI, and him calling out Ven and Aqua's names. Then there's the point that the guy's been around there for a decade, assuming Sora met him really in our own time. Who knows, given a decade maybe Namine would've became obsessed as well with something.

I still like my pet theory that she was housing Ven's vessel though. Will certainly tie in with where she was born. Ven's Heart escaped his own vessel into Sora so he had no point or strength to return, or even leave Sora's vessel. Namine though would've reached Ven's vessel through Sora and Ven's bond. Hence, while having Kairi's face, she has Ven's colors. Then the vessel could've faded away and the 'Self' would've returned to Kairi between when Kairi and Namine met Riku, and Riku and Kairi meeting Sora. There was enough time for them to pull something like this off. Hell, I dare say part of why we never saw what happened there was so Nomura could bide his time and come up with something trollish enough to shove in there.

Awards
You're not the first to propose this. While it does essentially solve the dilemma of her existence, it has some problems.

But Namine demonstrates a range of characteristics - such as intelligence, memory and emotion - that all other Lingering Sentiments thus far lack, not to mention her birth was different to the creation of all understood Lingering Sentiments.

We haven't exactly been able to gauge the Linger Spirits' intelligence, but I think it's safe to say that they are sentient and self aware.
The same goes for memory. We don't know exactly what the natural state of memories is for a Lingering Spirit. However, based on LS's dialogue with Sora, it appears that they retain some memories, but not completely (hence the confusion).

We can't really compare the state of memories to Namine either simply because, like with the LS, we don't know the state Namine's memories were in. DiZ mentions that she lost her memories like Roxas, but to what degree, we can't say for sure. Either way, she was able to know who Sora, Kairi, and Riku were.

As for emotion, I think it's undeniable that both Namine and the LS have the capacity to feel.

Instead of trying to compare the mental and emotional aspects of Namine and LS (since we know so little of either), you should be looking at what's right in front of us- the physical. Namine, through whatever means, has a body. The Lingering Spirits, while not entirely confirmed, seem to only possess material left behind by the original being (ie armor). When we read about the LS in Nomura's interviews, he refers to it as the remaining thoughts of Terra animating his armor, with the emphasis being on the armor. It's not as if Nomura says that it's an entity which fills the armor, but something that possesses the armor.

And then you bring up a good point about her birth. Namine was born in a different realm, like a Nobody should, but from what we've gathered, Lingering Spirits appear in the same location that their originals perished.

Light

faster than
Awards
I still like my pet theory that she was housing Ven's vessel though. Will certainly tie in with where she was born. Ven's Heart escaped his own vessel into Sora so he had no point or strength to return, or even leave Sora's vessel. Namine though would've reached Ven's vessel through Sora and Ven's bond. Hence, while having Kairi's face, she has Ven's colors. Then the vessel could've faded away and the 'Self' would've returned to Kairi between when Kairi and Namine met Riku, and Riku and Kairi meeting Sora. There was enough time for them to pull something like this off. Hell, I dare say part of why we never saw what happened there was so Nomura could bide his time and come up with something trollish enough to shove in there.

I think that this actually sounds pretty good. Agreed majorly with the last part though.

Crystal

Silver Member
It was in Days.
When Axel was looking for information on Xion, he found a report written by Vexen titled "The Truth about Namine."
We never actually saw the content of the report.

That will be interesting if we can know what he wrote in the report about Namine.

Revolution

Now that I think of it, Namine could be a lingering sentiment, or something similar to it.

This is the Vanitas Remnant's journal entry.

A physical manifestation of what remained of Vanitas's powerful thoughts and feelings.

She might have been created using that same method, but with Sora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back