• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kasuy

Website
www.geocities.com
This may sound like a stupid question, but since i've never heard the name namine before kingdom hearts, I was wondering how to pronounce it. Is it said NA-MEE-NAY, NA-MEEN, NAY-MEEN, or something that i haven't thought of. Anyone who is good with japanese, or japanese names please help me.

S

Shadow Keyblade

I'm sure that Sora's protector is correct.Hope you find out.

Sora'sProtector

at first, i called it na-meen. >_< that sounded gay, but then i learned in english about the ' thing over it.

K

KHFanForAll~*

this may sound stupid, but I thought it was "Na-mine", then my mom took one look at her name and said it was "Na-my-nay" so now I feel stupid......so there.( OFF TOPIC: just so you know, I have a sore throat, and that's why I'm typing this way. I'm really quite positive....sorta.)

Sharingan

Namine... Na-mee-nay. I thought it was Na-mee-nay the whole time but I wasn't really sure.

Waterkeeper

Sora'sProtector said:
at first, i called it na-meen. >_< that sounded gay, but then i learned in english about the ' thing over it.

So names can be homosexual now? ^_~

Anyway. You're right, her name is pronounced Na-me-nay. This is true not only because of the é in her name, but also because the Japanese spell her name simply as Namine. They don't NEED the accent because the Japanese vowel "e" is always pronounced "eh" or "ei" or "ay", whichever, they all sound the same anyway. The Japanese pronounce her name Na-mi-ne, and since the vowels a and e are always ah and eh/ay, they added the é for us English players to give us a distinction. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back