• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine, Ventus, and Castle Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
s1smackdown

Can't PHB do??

Pure Heart Being...why not...but to distinguish between i.e. Kairi and Vanitas, one would have to add one more letter:

Pure Light-Heart Deing => PLHB and
Pure Dark-Heart Deing => PDHB.

Would be shorter than BwHoPL in any way at least...;)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I need a Days expert to clarify me if Roxas entered Castle Oblivion BEFORE or AFTER starting to "feel" real emotions. I remember two important scenes of those, one being when Xion dies, the other when he's alone in Agrabah or something, am I correct?

He feels pretty crappy when he thinks Axel is dead, and that was way at the beginning of the series.

But I think that was because it was around that time Namine started pulling Sora's memories apart, and the loose links started to sink through their connection and into him.

Could Roxas entering CO have some sort of effect of him due to being too close to Ventus, making him collapse?
Actually, there's this from the Ultimania:

2ic6y5l.png

I couldn't find a Nomura quote confirming it was also because of Ven... Unless it's meant to be implied there...

Pure Heart Being...why not...but to distinguish between i.e. Kairi and Vanitas, one would have to add one more letter:

Pure Light-Heart Deing => PLHB and
Pure Dark-Heart Deing => PDHB.

Would be shorter than BwHoPL in any way at least...;)

ughhh it's stupid anyway... why need an acronym for every friggen thing ad;fkjslc

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
ughhh it's stupid anyway... why need an acronym for every friggen thing ad;fkjslc

Because people are either lazy and don't want to write out things or because they want to finish their edit faster, as someone might put another answer up while they're still typing.

As for Roxas collapsing I dunno, after all, he's Sora's other half, not Ventus's. He only got his looks from Ventus.
One possibility might however be that it has to do something with Ven's injured sleeping heart which is implied to be carried unknowingly by Roxas.
I've not yet seen that scene in Days on youtube, but does Roxas clasp his chest before falling unconscious?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ah, I see, so Sora is the reason after all, well, I expected this.
My other rambling was just an idea that I thought of on the fly...;)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
B
I've not yet seen that scene in Days on youtube, but does Roxas clasp his chest before falling unconscious?

This is what the novels say happened, for what it's worth:

Roxas opened the door. On the other side spread a floor that was very similar to the Organisation’s castle in which he lived.

He set one foot into the castle.

Just then—he got a strange sensation.

Like the world was warping—

Uummm behind me is Axel… right. You guys, you with your annoying quacking, and you there, with that relaxed way of talking, you are…. What the? What is this?

“Roxas?!”

With Axel’s worried voice, a sharp pain plunged into Roxas.

“My head… hurts…” Hurts like I’m being crushed. Not just my head. My chest hurts too. What’s happening?

“Are you okay? Let’s go back…”

I know Axel grabbed my arm to support me. But—

There’s no one here.

But I really did get the feeling that the people we’re looking for would be here…

When I saw this castle, I felt it too. That my important friend… was here.

My important friend—Xion.

“I’m okay. Maybe Xion is here…. Ugh…,” Roxas answered, but he was at his limit. He fell to his knees.

Painful. It hurts. I can’t breathe.

In this place, to find is to lose, and to lose is to find…

“What… is this…”

I don’t get it. Whose voice can I hear? Marluxia? Why can I hear Marluxia’s voice? And—who are you?

“Roxas!”

Axel’s arm was pretty much holding Roxas, supporting him.

Axel’s worried face—that face, is warping.

Many… things are flowing in. What is this? What is happening?

“We’re retreating.”

“Wait… just… a little more… just…”

It was no good. Roxas was fading out of consciousness.

Over already? You can do better than that.

Whose voice is that?

It’s not over. Like it’d be over. I won’t lose.

“…Riku!”

Suddenly, Roxas snapped into consciousness. His head didn’t hurt anymore.

But what happened just then? I don’t understand.

“Are you okay?!”

Axel was peering into his face worriedly.

Did I pass out…? “What happened to me?”

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
My chest hurts too.

I think it's safe to say that Ven had to do with this too. Makes sense, me thinks, especially if both Sora and Ven were affecting Roxas at the same time.
For what it's worth though being the novels. '-'; I doubt she really went and asked Nomura about every last plot thing, and to top it all, that she can keep up with his retconning speed.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk. Sora is Roxas' heart. Yeah he has Ven inside him, but I think it's pretty obvious that being the other parts of a whole, Roxas and Sora have a far deeper connection (with Roxas receiving actual memories through the connection of owning the same heart), I mean, Vexen described the connection to Sora as 'the other side of your heart' after all.

So chest pains could still very well be related to Sora. Not saying it cinches it either way, just that it doesn't rule him out.

But yeah, as you said, novel canon XD;

For what it's worth, I'd still be far more trusting of the Days novels than any other, though. Kanemaki did write the scenario, after all, so she knows what was going on pretty thoroughly.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thanks...this seems to point exactly in the direction Smile said...Roxas is overwhelmed by Sora's flowing memories. That one bit about his chest hurting too could either be a instrument of the author to further dramatize the scene or it could be actually Ven's injured, sleeping heart somehow reacting to be near its own vessel.
However, there's only that, not much information to work with...so all this can only amount to an assumption.
So, to say if Roxas has to endure this because of only Sora or if Ven also has a role in it can't be definitely answered.
It's possible, but not more...again free for everyone to believe what suits one more...;)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Vexen described the connection to Sora as 'the other side of your heart' after all.

I miss the days when I had hope about BBS, and we thought that comment might've been yes about Ven. *nostalgic sigh*
Though to be completely nitpicky, Roxas having Ven's Heart might mean that we ARE talking still about Ven and that the bond between Sora and Ven's Hearts is what enabled a lot of this mess to take place, not only Sora and Roxas's bond as Heart and Nobody.

For what it's worth, I'd still be far more trusting of the Days novels than any other, though. Kanemaki did write the scenario, after all, so she knows what was going on pretty thoroughly.

The question is how well can she be trusted about the BBS relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back