• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

#~namine Hateclub~#

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

I know, I know.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'm also disappointed on the role she plays in the game(Info dump yeck DX). I never really liked the roles Namine play in. She starts out as a decoy love interest for Sora just to show him how much he really love kairi, then a god-like being looking down at the little people connected to Sora mingle, And now an Info dump(She was always this but Coded making it her primarily role).

blackberi

I'm also disappointed on the role she plays in the game(Info dump yeck DX). I never really liked the roles Namine play in. She starts out as a decoy love interest for Sora just to show him how much he really love kairi, then a god-like being looking down at the little people connected to Sora mingle, And now an Info dump(She was always this but Coded making it her primarily role).

Mhm, she's a complete plot device. :c
And that's kind of what she's always been.
Only thing she has over Kairi is more importance to the story and we get to explore her character more.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Eventually, and I mean eventually, Kairi will get some character development and importance, and therefore Kairi will be completely and undoubtedly better than namine.

Until then, at least we have Aqua.

we get to explore her character more.

Well how much personality do Namine have? Only time anything about her character/personality is talked about is when it's relating to CoM, outside of that do Namine really have a personality?

Eventually, and I mean eventually, Kairi will get some character development and importance, and therefore Kairi will be completely and undoubtedly better than namine.

Well their are three things that could make her better that BBS brought up.

Until then, at least we have Aqua.
Agreed

Roaringflames

My secret lair, the COMMON SENSE base of justice,
Re: ~namine Hateclub~

I wanna join!

I don't like her, but i did feel pitty for her in com w/ the whole sora thing. i hate how she fluffs everyone up, if she didn't exist none of the bad things would have happened. "/

everyone loves her just cuz SA loved her, i bet. "/
w/e.

I agree as well she fusks up your memories and then restores sorry death to namine forever so the can't make charaters like her again

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Whoo, this bitch got bumped!

Now then... what to talk about... Suggestions?

blackberi

I like the idea of SoNami - they are pretty sweet together - but I REALLY don't like Namine. >C

So I agree, it CAN'T happen.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
So I have a love/hate relationship with this girl. While I know she's definitely the most interesting, developed, and important female in this series (and her flaws make her human and realistic), she just... she just drives me insane a lot of the time.

IDK. I mean, for starters, I originally hated her back when the original CoM came out, for stealing Sora away from Kairi. And I also don't like how she stole Kairi's role in the series, pretty much. And that she's a boyfriend stealer... (That last one was a joke. Mostly.) But even these are things I can overlook, as I know it's really not her fault, but the writers. And to hate a character just because of pairings is stupid, imo.

The real reason I don't like Naminé is because she seems to cause more bad things to happen than good most of the time? And makes the same mistakes over and over? (I swear she might be secretly evil. Kidding. Mostly…) But IDK. She's very selfish to me. And also a hypocrite, and weak, and way too obsessed with Sora, and a bit callous, and contradictory, and she regresses... I could go on and on, really.

And I also just think she's overrated. People will hate on Kairi for not being able to fight, but what about Naminé? And people hate on Xion for being a "Sue", or unneeded, or just a Kairi clone/recolor, and in my opinion... Naminé was the first offender. And I just think that Xion's a kinder and better character all around.

And it's not even just her flaws and whatnot that bother me about her. (Though it really irritates me that people like to forget about those, and pretend she's a perfect little angel when she's not. I really wish the fans and people in the series alike would hold her responsible for a lot of the things she's done, and that she'd have a redemption arc where she doesn't completely screw someone else over in the process.) She's just so whiny! And I get why she is, but it's annoying. She's always apologizing, and will try to make things better, but then she makes it worse again and we retread the same steps. And she's so emo, too! People complain about Xion, but I feel like we see her a lot happier than we ever do Naminé.

And I just don't feel like she even really fits into the series anymore. She doesn't have a trio or a Keyblade or anything. (And at this point, the series pretty much says have one of those or go home.) We don't even know what she is, or how she came to be...

What is your point of existence anymore, Naminé? You say you wanted to be with people, so why aren't you trying to do that, so I buy your excuse for screwing over Sora in CoM? Furthermore, you said you always knew you had to return to Kairi. (And took forever to do so, I might add, which contradicts your earlier statement. Also, you didn't really afford Roxas and Xion the chance to get their affairs in order beforehand.) You also said that you thought Nobodies were doomed to fade into Darkness. So why do you want your own life now? Do you even think you deserve it after all you’ve done? What would you even do with it? You don't seem like one that would enjoy/know what to do with their own life.

Anyway, for more Naminé rants by me, here's something I wrote up on deviantArt. It covers a lot of the things I’ve already touched here and more (Though I would like to add that another reason I don’t like her, is because in the Days cinematic--and maybe even in the original; I don’t remember--there’s a line in it that makes it sound like she could have repaired Sora’s memories without eliminating Roxas and Xion, but didn’t because it would take more time, and because she was scared of DiZ: which seems like a regression from her character development in CoM to me. And maybe even because she was just being lazy…)

“My irritations with Naminé reside in these four areas: she's somewhat selfish, makes the same mistakes again and again, is a bit of a hypocrite, and doesn't know right from wrong.

Going in line with the first one, let's talk about CoM. Now, I don't blame her at all for manipulating Sora's memories via the Organization's orders, because what else was she to do, really? What does kind of bother me, though, is that she removed Kairi from his memory completely. In my mind, she didn't have to do this. She could have kept Kairi in Sora's mind, but have just made him think he was in love with her instead of the redhead (which is what I thought she was doing at first), but instead she seems to be moved by her jealousy of Kairi, and just literally wants to be her.

Though I still don't know if I can really fault her for this, since it was Organization XIII's fault to begin with. Although, one thing I will say that bothers me about this whole thing, is that Naminé acted like she did because she didn't want to be alone anymore, right? And yet... she is still alone in the series to date. She doesn't have her own trio, or whatever. Most people (like Roxas) seem to have forgotten her, so what was even the point of her actions, if she didn't get what she wanted, anyway? (Though this isn't Naminé's fault, but rather the writers'.)

Now... my next complaint about her (that falls in line with her making the same mistakes), is how she has remarkable character development in CoM, and decides not to be a pawn... just to become a pawn of DiZ's, and completely screw over Roxas and Xion, like she did Sora.

Really, I don't know if I can fault her for this either, because it's just a tricky situation all around (really, this is also the writers' fault), but it just makes it feel like her growth in CoM was all for nothing. And I sort of don't like how she seems to worm her way into Roxas' heart, just so she can convince him to go back to Sora (in my opinion, anyway), and this whole thing is just annoying.

It's a complete rehash. Nami screwed over Sora in CoM and felt bad about it, and tried to fix it. But in response, she does the same to Roxas and Xion, and tries to fix that in Re:Coded, by putting the Bugs in the Journal and wreaking a lot of havoc there. Yikes. Naminé, honey, you really ought to think things through more, and I'm starting to see why you don't know if "there even is a right way to use your powers".

Also, I'm kind of get a bit miffed, that Naminé thinks she deserves to be rescued, after everything she's done, but whatever. (Also, about the whole repeating her mistakes things, I kind of don't like how she offers to seal away Riku's Darkness, which would make him lose his memory. Once again, it makes it seem like she hadn't learned her lesson, after all.)

Number three, and this one has to do with my earlier claim of hypocrisy. Naminé makes Roxas and Xion return to Sora pretty soon, right? Granted, she and Riku give them a bit of time to get things together, but for the most part she's trying to hurry them along, and yet... she herself takes forever to return to Kairi.

No, seriously. She's gone most of KHII, because apparently she had "places she wanted to go, and people she wanted to see" (something she tells Axel in KHIIFM). True, she was also probably putting the stuff in the Journal. But this whole thing irks me, because she didn't really give Roxas and Xion the chance to sight-see, and she was supposed to be "the one who didn't try to be her own person" , or whatever. -sigh-

My next complaint about Naminé is some of her dialogue. Like in CoM, I hate how she seems to be considering breaking Sora's heart to save herself, when he gives her the option to. True, this might just be a delayed reactions scene (something KH has done many a time), but still.

(And also, now that I think about it, is it weird to anyone else that Naminé never seems to give much thought to what she did to the Riku Replica? Then again, this is probably because he pretty much disappeared from the series the moment he entered it.)

Now, this line is one of my biggest gripes with Naminé. I'm probably perceiving this wrong, I'll be the first to admit it, but, "One day the light will be ours and it'll bring us together. 'Til then, I'll be in your heart," hasalways bothered me. In my mind, this line is the equivalent of Nami rubbing her hands together gleefully, and being like, "I'm going to let you remember Kairi, so I can steal you from her fair and square next time." It's probably just me who takes that line like that, but it is what it is.

Another line of Naminé's that really annoys me, is when she and Roxas are talking about Organization XIII, and she goes into her, "Bad or good? I don't know," spiel. I have no words for this. How can she not know that Organization XIII is bad, after everything they've done to her and her friends, and whatnot? This might be attributed to the terrible script that was KHII, but Jesus. See what I mean about her not knowing the difference between right and wrong?

Then there's this line to Roxas: "You were never supposed to exist, Roxas." This can probably once again be blamed on KHII's terrible dialogue all around, but Naminé always comes off as sort of callous to me, so who really knows?

Now, a lot of you are probably going to say, "But Kairi calls Sora a 'lazy bum', and Aqua calls Ven a 'hopeless sleepyhead', and Xion makes fun of Axel's catchphrase and stuff", which is all true... But in those situations, the friends were just teasing each other, and are able to laugh it off. But here we see that what Nami said has really hurt Roxas.

But as I know it was unintentional, and she probably just doesn't know better, I'll let this one (and a few others) slide. But still, there are moments like this, when it comes to Naminé's character.

It also sort of bothers me, that a lot of the fandom acts like Naminé's a perfect angel, when like Larxene said, "Behind that pretty little face of yours, you do some awful things." If you ignore this, you're not really loving who Naminé really is, and you're cheapening a very complex character.

I also sort of made this, because I kind of got irritated about people always complaining about Kairi and Xion's faults, and I made this to show that Naminé has some, too, as she well should. And I really hope that in KHIII, we see Nami continuing to want to make amends, like she wanted to in Coded. I think it would be interesting, seeing her walk a similar path that Riku did. At least in my mind, anyway:)

To be honest, I don't hate Naminé. I really dislike her sometimes, and sort of want to push her out the window, but at other times... I actually really like her/can sympathize with her, and can easily relate. If they would just deal with some of the issues I have with her in the future, I'd be okay with her. So we’ll see what happens, I guess.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be back here. I'm usually not a hateful person, but I just needed to get all of this off my chest after so many years of thinking about it. Sorry for the uber rant, but thanks for the opportunity. Peace.

P.S. SoNami and RokuNami should never happen. I won't let it! SoNami is too poisonous, not even real, and built on lies (and Naminé's way too obsessed with Sora, which wouldn't be healthy at all, plus Sora really loves Kairi). And Naminé, somewhat callously, aided in the destruction of Roxas' life and existence all for Sora. Both of these pairings, for the reasons I stated above, would be very bad if they were to transpire, I think. Maybe Riku/Naminé could work, though…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back