• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Namine a Keyblade Wielder?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightcrest

One question has been plaguing my mind ever since KH2.

Can Namine wield a keyblade?

To me, there are two possible explanations.

1. Why not?
Namine is Kairi's Nobody, and has links to Sora, so it wouldn't be hard to see her wielding a keyblade. Since both Sora and Kairi could wield, it could be similar to how Roxas and Xion could both wield Soras keyblade because of the ties they had with him. She also might have had (at least a part) of Kairi's heart inside of her, explained in KH2 when they had to rejoin to recreate Kairi fully. I admit, this argument is a *bit* shaky, but it still holds some weight.

2. She would not be able to wield at all.
One of the reasons that Roxas (and arguably Sora) could use the Keyblade in various titles was due to the hearts that they carried inside of them. (Some speculate that Roxas was created from Vens heart, this would be partially responsible for why he resembles Ventus, and not Sora. And that since Sora cannot wield naturally, he carried Vens heart in KH2 allowing him to wield his first Keyblade, then Roxas heart allowing him to wield two, etc...)
However, some can reasonably argue that Kairi's heart was never shared with Namine, and thus the keyblades powers were never hers to have.

Some could also argue that Nobodies do not inherit their somebody's natural ability to wield (See Xemnas... He was born of a persona of Terra, and MX.:confused:)

So overall, I'm just very confused...
I mean, it could go either way... I think they have enough Keyblade Wielders already... but still...

Thoughts?

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
Re: Namine a keyblade wielder?

Sora's ability to wield has absolutely nothing to do with Ventus.

Sora at the time he releases his heart, contains:
Sora's Heart
Ventus Heart
Kairi's Heart

Upon regaining his body through Kairi, his nobody then takes the form of Ventus rather than his own, however Roxas is an entirely separate entity to Ventus, and this must not be forgotten.
The way I see it is then Namine comes into existence at the same time through Kairi's heart but because Kairi still has her body, the nobody takes on a form baring physical resemblance to a mixture of Kairi and Ventus (hence the blonde hair). The way in which Namine comes into existence defines her abilities and connection to Sora, Roxas, Kairi and although we haven't seen anything of it yet, probably Ventus.

Roxas is thrown straight into the action from his inception as a member of the organization, he's literally forced to use his keyblade. Namine plays a very different role in the series and it's probably not known to many people that she would have the ability to wield through Kairi.

In short, there's nothing to say Namine can't wield, but because of her role in the series I doubt we'll ever see her do so.

There's a lot of topics on Xemnas's ability, my stance on the matter exists in this thread:
http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-iii/182210-why-xemnas-couldnt-not-saying-cant-wield.html

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

I wouldn't say its impossible, I mean I never expected Kairi to wield after all. If they really wanted her to, they could come up with something, but I don't expect to see it happen.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com

I wouldn't say its impossible, I mean I never expected Kairi to wield after all. If they really wanted her to, they could come up with something, but I don't expect to see it happen.

we see Kairi wield a keyblade in KH2, I think it's been coming for a long time haha

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Potentially yes, but that's just another one of the billion of unanswered Namine related questions. All things considering (her connection to Kairi and Sora and potentially Ven) it seems probable. Although here I want to point out that there is a distinction between having the ability to wield the Keyblade and actually owning one. They are not necessarily synonymous. One who has the ability to wield isn't promised a Keyblade but they have a higher chance of getting one. As Draxem pointed out, while it's possible that Namine may have the ability, because of her role in the series she may never get one.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards

we see Kairi wield a keyblade in KH2, I think it's been coming for a long time haha

I was referring to KH2, I wasn't expecting her to wield towards the end

Brightcrest

Sora's ability to wield has absolutely nothing to do with Ventus.

I don't think Ven's heart has *nothing* to do with Soras wielding abilities.
For two reasons:
Sora's abilities aren't natural, they are inherited when Riku succumbs to darkness, and then the keyblade chooses him instead.
However, during COM, Riku regains the ability to wield it, but meanwhile Sora can still use the keyblade, meaning that the keyblade he uses is not Riku's but another's.
We know that Sora cannot use the keyblade by himself, since it has not been officially passed to him, and so it has to be someone else's. In COM, the keyblade he is using cannot be Riku's, since he is using it currently. It cannot be Roxas' keyblade either, since he isn't part of Sora yet. I would dare to say that since Ven's heart is inside of Sora, it allows Sora to use Ven's keyblade, much like how he can dual wield once he obtains Roxas' heart .
(Note that in DDD *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT* Nobodies grow their own hearts during their existence, and so Sora actually bears three hearts inside of him, including Xion)

All this to say, I think that the ability to wield a keyblade is attached to one's heart, and if one's heart is passed to someone else, their keyblade ability goes with it. (Could Sora potentially wield three key blades? o_O)

Ruran

Awards

For two reasons:
Sora's abilities aren't natural, they are inherited when Riku succumbs to darkness, and then the keyblade chooses him instead.
However, during COM, Riku regains the ability to wield it, but meanwhile Sora can still use the keyblade, meaning that the keyblade he uses is not Riku's but another's.
We know that Sora cannot use the keyblade by himself, since it has not been officially passed to him, and so it has to be someone else's. In COM, the keyblade he is using cannot be Riku's, since he is using it currently. It cannot be Roxas' keyblade either, since he isn't part of Sora yet. I would dare to say that since Ven's heart is inside of Sora, it allows Sora to use Ven's keyblade, much like how he can dual wield once he obtains Roxas' heart .
(Note that in DDD *MAJOR SPOILER ALERT* Nobodies grow their own hearts during their existence, and so Sora actually bears three hearts inside of him, including Xion)

All this to say, I think that the ability to wield a keyblade is attached to one's heart, and if one's heart is passed to someone else, their keyblade ability goes with it. (Could Sora potentially wield three key blades? o_O)

Ironically, Sora has been the most "natural" Keyblade wielder thus far. Sora gaining the ability to use the Keyblade wasn't so much in direct correlation with Riku submitting to darkness than Sora proving he was more worthy. The KK belongs to Sora, he just got it through unconventional means. The Keyblade does not have to be "passed on" to someone, it chooses its wielder of its own accord. The only intervention another wielder can have is the Keyblade Inheritance Ceremony which functions as a "letter of recommendation" but it doesn't promise a Keyblade either.

With that said, no, Ven doesn't have much to do with Sora attaining a Keyblade. Sora got it through good old fashioned hard work, via, his journey in KH1.

Also yes, Sora has the "potential" to wield three Keyblades but it has nothing to do with a heart passing over the ability.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

For two reasons:

There are two things that I think are good to know.

Firstly, in CoM, Riku hadn't regained the ability to wield the Keyblade. The weapon he used was the Soul Eater, which is some kind of a blade (that we assume that was fashioned from darkness) that he had been using since his appearance in Monstro in KH1. Canonically, his Keyblade, Way to the Dawn, will not appear until Sora's second visit to the Land of the Dragons in KH2.

Secondly, Sora was recognised by the Keyblade when he proved that his heart was stronger than Riku's prior to their battle in the Entrance Hall of Hollow Bastion in KH1 (thanks to that I-don't-need-a-Keyblade, my-friends-are-my-power speech). Thus, even if Riku had been able to wield during the events of CoM, it wouldn't have been an issue at all.

A common misconception is that Keyblades aren't sentient at all; to some degree, they are, which allows them to actually choose whom they want to be wielded by. This is why the Kingdom Key warped from Riku's hand to Sora's that time, because it felt that Sora had demonstrated a greater strength of heart.

KHRULER

Awards

When Ven's heart was shattered it found its way to Sora.This gave Sora the ability to wield a keyblade but not actually have one.When Riku succumbed to the darkness in kh1, the keyblade passed itself to Sora giving him his own keyblade.

(my theory)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

When Ven's heart was shattered it found its way to Sora.This gave Sora the ability to wield a keyblade but not actually have one.When Riku succumbed to the darkness in kh1, the keyblade passed itself to Sora giving him his own keyblade.

(my theory)

This comes nearer to it but doesn't fully hit the spot either.

Ventus' heart entering Sora at the end of Birth by Sleep had absolutely no effect on Sora at all.
Sora gained the ability to wield already four years earlier when he was just born and first connected to Ven's heart.

It's not like he got any inheritance ceremony or some other mysterious stuff. Sora's heart just proved to be qualified to wield by actually saving the heart of a Keyblade Wielder when he was just born.

Gram

Banned
Awards

As many have stated, the potential for Namine to be able to wield is certainly there. After all she was born from the heart of her somebody, kairi a person able to wield, leaving sora's body (a full blown wielder).
And since Roxas connection to Sora allowed him to wield sora's keyblade it'd make sense if Namine, with her unique connections, could at the very least use a keyblade.

Though whether or not she'd actually want or go through the trouble of gaining one to use is another matter.

Wander

For two reasons:

My theory on the subject:

Ven's heart had nothing to do with Sora acquiring the Keyblade. The Keyblade chose Sora when Riku fell into darkness, effectively making it Sora's Keyblade. Riku later reacquires a different Keyblade.

When Sora released his and Kairi's hearts, Kairi restored Sora's human form for his heart. Ven's heart however stayed with Sora's old body, which became Roxas. The reason Roxas looks the way he does and has the capacity to feel emotions is the result of Ven's heart residing within him, along with him later growing his own heart.

As for CoM, Sora didn't have Ven's heart at the time because it was with Roxas, Riku also used the Souleater at the time and not yet a Keyblade. So Sora was using his own Keyblade from the first game.

That's what I think at least.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Ven's heart had nothing to do with Sora acquiring the Keyblade. The Keyblade chose Sora when Riku fell into darkness, effectively making it Sora's Keyblade. Riku later reacquires a different Keyblade.

When Sora released his and Kairi's hearts, Kairi restored Sora's human form for his heart. Ven's heart however stayed with Sora's old body, which became Roxas. The reason Roxas looks the way he does and has the capacity to feel emotions is the result of Ven's heart residing within him, along with him later growing his own heart.

As for CoM, Sora didn't have Ven's heart at the time because it was with Roxas, Riku also used the Souleater at the time and not yet a Keyblade. So Sora was using his own Keyblade from the first game.

You are pretty much correct. It's been confirmed by Nomura that Ven has nothing to do with Sora and his Keyblade, and that Riku's Keyblade became Sora's.

Londyn

Awards

So what you all are saying is Riku lost his original Keyblade due to his fixation with the darkness via the Fall of Destiny Island, and that Riku over time during his journey walking the border of Light and Dark, gave him the ability to wield a brand new Keyblade?

And if that is what you are telling me, can Riku prove himself worthy to his keyblade again and can he wield it in the same vein of Sora's Ability? Or has the Keyblade's Heart (if they have one) and Sora's hearts been so intertwined and Riku is the farthest thing from KK's mind? This Keyblade situation is hectic..
I feel bad for Sora. But then again I feel proud of him too. He wasn't meant to wield a Keyblade even though he held the fate of two peoples hearts, which he didn't even ask for. But yet and still he saved the Worlds(?) with a weapon, whom his friend was supposed to have. And then he even stopped his best friend from completely putting himself into the shroud of darkness.

To think, it all started on a simple beach..

Ruran

Awards

So what you all are saying is Riku lost his original Keyblade due to his fixation with the darkness via the Fall of Destiny Island, and that Riku over time during his journey walking the border of Light and Dark, gave him the ability to wield a brand new Keyblade?

Well, indirectly. It wasn't so much because of his fixation with the darkness than it was the misuse of it. Darkness is naturally corosive and because of Riku mishandeling it he weakened his own heart.

Some time during KH2 another Keyblade found him worthy. From what we've seen a person can't lose the ability it self.

And if that is what you are telling me, can Riku prove himself worthy to his keyblade again and can he wield it in the same vein of Sora's Ability? Or has the Keyblade's Heart (if they have one) and Sora's hearts been so intertwined and Riku is the farthest thing from KK's mind? This Keyblade situation is hectic..
I feel bad for Sora. But then again I feel proud of him too. He wasn't meant to wield a Keyblade even though he held the fate of two peoples hearts, which he didn't even ask for. But yet and still he saved the Worlds(?) with a weapon, whom his friend was supposed to have. And then he even stopped his best friend from completely putting himself into the shroud of darkness.

To think, it all started on a simple beach..

Theoretically speaking Riku can reclaim the KK but a lot of things have to go wrong before that happenes. Sora's ability to wield the Keyblade isn't inherently more special than anyone else's, it's more like Sora was just given unique oppertunities that allowed him to by pass the Keyblade Inheretance Ceremony. Which isn't strickly a requirement to wield a Keyblade, it just makes it easier to attain one.

Since Riku already has a Keyblade and Sora has been pretty solid so far I don't think the KK is preoccupied with considering him again. Although, the KK "went to Riku" in 3D when Sora was in trouble which shows that it "trusts" him.

Sora's a trooper~

Londyn

Awards

Since Riku already has a Keyblade and Sora has been pretty solid so far I don't think the KK is preoccupied with considering him again. Although, the KK "went to Riku" in 3D when Sora was in trouble which shows that it "trusts" him.

Sora's a trooper~

I had completely forgotten that had happened. I understand it now.

And yep, does it all with a smile.

Gram

Banned
Awards

On the nose. Nomura has stated Sora got nothing from Ven, like it's been stated Ven and Roxas are different or how Roxas is his own person. (things some fans seem to ignore)

Also correct, Ven's heart was still dormant in kh1 so when sora turned heartless it couldn't return to the body but because sora had become a heartless it couldn't remain with him either so it's only option was sora's discarded body+soul which became Roxas. Who, thanks to kairi's dues ex machina hugs, restored sora before his memories could become Roxas' leaving him with only a dormant ven to base on.

(it's also because of that moment that roxas was born blank, he had no memories to base a personality)

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I suppose Namine being Kairi`s nobody she could have the potential but I doubt she would get one. She really isn`t the fighting type

Gram

Banned
Awards
I suppose Namine being Kairi`s nobody she could have the potential but I doubt she would get one. She really isn`t the fighting type

Agreed, she wasn't even fond of using the powers she does have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back