• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Naminè and Sora's memories of Castle Oblivion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaveK89

Being a fan of Naminè, I really hope to see her again. While questioning if she can be saved and be her own person is one thing, but my main topic is between Sora and her.

Do you think Sora should remember the events at Castle Oblivion if it was possible? It's a weird question because Sora knows Naminè has done quite a bit to help him and his friends, but it's still assumed that he doesn't have any recollection on the events in Castle Oblivion?

I'm not sure why I want this because I'm not sure if Sora remembering is necessary. It's difficult for me to put my thoughts on why...I think Sora should realize the connection, the friendship, how and why he met Naminè. If that makes any sense.

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's implied he remembers in KH2 final mix, right before the battle with one of Xemnas' forms Sora mentions to Riku he "forgot to thank namine".

Though whether that means he remembers CoM entirely or simply bits and pieces or that Namine is his friend is questioanble sadly.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Fear not, because we'll get to see her again. She's one of the tormented souls who need saving.

As for Sora forgetting the events in CO, let's not forget (oops) that he chose that out of his own volition.

Sora and Namine's exchange in Re:CoM said:
Naminé: I'm sorry. It's the only way, I'm afraid. Sora, you have a choice. You can lose your memories of this castle and reclaim your old ones...or keep your memories here and give up the memories that you've lost.

Sora: Do I have to...to choose?

Naminé: Yes.

Sora: Make me like I was.

Naminé: Oh, okay. Nobody needs to keep a bunch of memories that aren't real, right? You want to remember all of the people who are really important to you. Anybody would choose that.

He certainly knew the risk, but still chose to be restored anyway. I'd presume that it's because memories of what was replaced were more important to him, which were memories of Kairi.

unbound_word

I believe Sora should step into the Chamber of Repose to remember her completely. Like Sora said, the memories will be forgotten but not lost. Plus, he saw Namine in KH3D. He wanted to thank her.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I believe Sora should step into the Chamber of Repose to remember her completely. Like Sora said, the memories will be forgotten but not lost. Plus, he saw Namine in KH3D. He wanted to thank her.

The Chamber of Repose is where Aqua's armor is being stored, deep underground within the castle in Radiant Garden. Perhaps you mean the Chamber of Waking?

Gram

Banned
Awards
The Chamber of Repose is where Aqua's armor is being stored, deep underground within the castle in Radiant Garden. Perhaps you mean the Chamber of Waking?

No he likely means repose since Xemnas supposedly went there to gather memories.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

He doesn't need to use any Chamber to remember. He already did near the end of KH2FM.

SoraForeverKH

Being a fan of Naminè, I really hope to see her again. While questioning if she can be saved and be her own person is one thing, but my main topic is between Sora and her.

Do you think Sora should remember the events at Castle Oblivion if it was possible? It's a weird question because Sora knows Naminè has done quite a bit to help him and his friends, but it's still assumed that he doesn't have any recollection on the events in Castle Oblivion?

I'm not sure why I want this because I'm not sure if Sora remembering is necessary. It's difficult for me to put my thoughts on why...I think Sora should realize the connection, the friendship, how and why he met Naminè. If that makes any sense.

Insider reply

Yeah. I would also like to know more about that.
Naminé deserves to be made into her own person too. But whether Sora remembers everything about her from CoM or not remains a mystery still.

In my opinion, I do not think he has regained his old memories from his time in C.O. From what he knows about her currently would be whatever his friends have told him.
He saw her message in the journal, thus giving him the insensitive he needs to thank her when he sees her.
Though it wasn't something that crossed his mind before the final battle with Xemnas when he saw the transparent Naminé, he did remember to thank her in 3D in his dream.
As far as knowing she is Kairi's nobody and has once helped him and his friends at some point, I would say there'd be no reason for him to recollect his old memories of her yet.
Plus, I think he'd show more joy to see her in his dream if he remembered them becoming friends and their promise. He just looked determined to give her the message he's been worried about not telling her yet, to me. Which was why he chased after her.

But Sora doesn't need to remember all his old memories to care about Naminé. "That's how he is."-Riku 3D.
He cares about everybody...except for MOST of his enemies, that is.
However, I believe in order for Naminé to return a complete person Sora will have to recall everything he has forgotten about her, (the sleeping memories inside him.)
Then, with those strong memories and emotions Sora, with the help of his friends, will be able to believe in the nobody together, which will make a powerful love strong enough to recreate her into an individual person, heart and all! That is, if the game has Naminé return. I am confident she will. Sora wouldn't allow her to be left out.

So anyway, my point here is I do not believe Sora has recalled these forgotten memories yet in any of the previous games. I do feel this will be included as a big part in the main storyline of KH III though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back