• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Naminé

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Hardback247

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited by a moderator:

okhi12

Awards
I think you should tag that as spoiler.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Recon

Art of War
Awards
This is a great question.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I'd love to hear other's thoughts.

Askelon

Spoiler Spoiler Show

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
This whole section isn't really using tags anymore. But to answer it...there is no answer. We just saw the result without any explanation, another gripe I have with this game. What we know is that you need a "spark" so the Heart can leave the body willingly without enabling the usual consequences.

It's obvious that Naminé was able to be worked on once Sora got Kairi back from whatever adventure it was.

The question should be what was Naminé's "spark". For Roxas it was Axel and Xion in danger.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I still interpret the ending scene as Sora and Kairi having only just appeared on the paopu tree though, Sora having just rescued her before he fades away. I think that partly because everyone stops to look at them and Kairi seems to be crying over the fact that he had to sacrifice himself to save her. It would make sense they would reappear there, imo, because the whole plot of Kairi dying and Sora having to rescue was setup with the paopu-sharing scene just prior to the Keyblade Graveyard and that the paopus are the reason they can't be separated (its the reason Kairi's belief he's alive keeps Sora from dying and the reason Sora is able to save her from death likewise).

Since I see the ending that way, I guess Kairi being "killed" could've left Namine's heart just wandering around somehow? Who knows. Plot is not KH's strong suit.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sora having just rescued her before he fades away.

Love you Tartarus, but I don't agree. I don't think Kairi was rescued. But I do think it's weird to see her at that end scene.

She couldn't have been rescued because when we see Xehanort kill her, she turns into the same state Sora was in the Final World, and then shatters. The only way for Sora to rescue her was in the Final World, but what is shown makes believe she is gone for good.

But why is she is the final scene you say? Good question. My interpretation of the scene was to make Sora's death more dramatic. So that you mostly feel for him. After all, what would really make sense is if they both vanished.

But apparently, Nomura had a though time with the ending and rewrote the scenario a couple times. They went a little FF8 on us, huh? Because the ending, the mind fuck that FF8 is, will always be your own interpretation. And it kinda seems apparent with KH3's ending. Well...at least to me lol.

Anywho, what confirms Sora's death is not him fading away, but actually end up being in Shibuya. And it's heavily hinted that he's about to play the Reaper's game. Neku was fated the same way. Joshua killed Neku. That's how he ended up there.

Just food for thought.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Love you Tartarus, but I don't agree. I don't think Kairi was rescued. But I do think it's weird to see her at that end scene.

She couldn't have been rescued because when we see Xehanort kill her, she turns into the same state Sora was in the Final World, and then shatters. The only way for Sora to rescue her was in the Final World, but what is shown makes believe she is gone for good.

But why is she is the final scene you say? Good question. My interpretation of the scene was to make Sora's death more dramatic. So that you mostly feel for him. After all, what would really make sense is if they both vanished.

But apparently, Nomura had a though time with the ending and rewrote the scenario a couple times. They went a little FF8 on us, huh? Because the ending, the mind diddly that FF8 is, will always be your own interpretation. And it kinda seems apparent with KH3's ending. Well...at least to me lol.

Anywho, what confirms Sora's death is not him fading away, but actually end up being in Shibuya. And it's heavily hinted that he's about to play the Reaper's game. Neku was fated the same way. Joshua killed Neku. That's how he ended up there.

Just food for thought.

I agree and disagree. It isn't just interpreted because there's a planned future. FF8 is interpreted because there's no FF8-2 and FF9 isn't directly connected. With plans of a KH4 then what we see is what we get. In fact, the next game may open with him doing what he did that brings her back and then waking up in Shibuya.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm not arguing your own interpretation of what happened, Recon, but I don't really understand what you're saying. Sora didn’t rescue Kairi and they’ll both disappear?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Sora couldn't have saved Kairi. Or at least I don't believe so. When Xehanort strikes down Kairi, I believe she is gone for good.

That's why I am saying they really both should have vanished at the end scene. I believe she didn't to make it more dramatic. So that you feel for Sora.

When Sora insists on finding Kairi alone, I can't say he made the best decision. "My friends are my power" is something Sora almost forgets and the end scene is supposed to be symbolic of Sora going out alone, trying to rescue Kairi and failing. That's why they show Sora vanishing. He died trying.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think you're interpretation of the scene is off... the more simple conclusion to make is that Sora succeeded in saving Kairi, but lost himself in the process, as was foreshadowed by YMX and Mickey on numerous occasions. Kairi staying there, but Sora fading away illustrates this. I don't think there's much to suggest they are both lost, otherwise the scene would have been much different.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel like Riku and Ansem The Wise were the sparks that brought Namine back. It could also be that Namine is incredibly special (like some theorize with her possible "relation" to Ava). I mean Kairi was sent from Radiant Garden to Destiny Islands to protect her (as a princess of heart), but what if Ansem The Wise hid data in Kairi like he did with Sora? That data could have been from Girl X.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I think you're interpretation of the scene is off... the more simple conclusion to make is that Sora succeeded in saving Kairi, but lost himself in the process, as was foreshadowed by YMX and Mickey on numerous occasions. Kairi staying there, but Sora fading away illustrates this. I don't think there's much to suggest they are both lost, otherwise the scene would have been much different.

The secret movie more or less confirms he's dead. One just doesn't get "lost" before they play the Reaper's game. You have to be dead. Sora waking up in the middle of the street is not "lost". He died and woke up in Shibuya. Just like Neku.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
The secret movie more or less confirms he's dead. One just doesn't get "lost" before they play the Reaper's game. You have to be dead. Sora waking up in the middle of the street is not "lost". He died and woke up in Shibuya. Just like Neku.
I was using the phrase "lost himself" loosely to imply all of that, yes.

Back