• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

names question!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
So like Sora Riku Kairi mean Sky Shore and Ocean respectively, Right?

well the sky, shore, and ocean are things you see at an island.

So Ven, Aqua, and Terra mean Wind, Water, Earth, right?

would that have to deal with the place they've come from or where "it" might take place?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Erm, no. Riku is derived from the on'yomi pronounciation of the character for "land"(陸).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Darn, Hades beat me, yeah it's land not shore. And their names are like that for connection.

Charlie K

Back in Business
Do you guys think there should be someones name that means fire or something? Cuz would that like complete the thing?..Or no..?I'm not sure...Heh.

600 post, hey no change!wWTF?..Meh.

[√]Genuflect
tetraalmasy said:
So like Sora Riku Kairi mean Sky Shore and Ocean respectively, Right?

well the sky, shore, and ocean are things you see at an island.

So Ven, Aqua, and Terra mean Wind, Water, Earth, right?

would that have to deal with the place they've come from or where "it" might take place?

That got me thinking.
Sora,Kairi and Riku lives at Destiny Islands.
Since it's an Island, It's close to the Sea.Since the Island is close to the sea, there should be wind in it.

Basically, Destiny Islands represents their names.

Sora means sky.Ven means Wind.
When you look up at DI there's Sky and Wind blows around it.

Kairi means Sea and Aqua means Water.
The Sea is all around DI.Sea is a body of water.

Riku means Land and Terra means Earth.
An Island is a piece of land that is surrounded by water.
Lands are part of the Earth.

S

sora in shadow

what are you getting at? yes i agree that the names are important in some way. oh and by the way ven is just his nickname. nomura said the hole point of bbs is to discover who he is!!!!

I

The Show Must Go On
Erm, no. Riku is derived from the on'yomi pronounciation of the character for "land"(陸).

It's both land and shore. Seriously. I've gone through all the Japanese dictionaries I own (which is like, five) just to find all the possible meanings of the 'riku' reading, both meanings are interchangeable.

You know, I've always found it funny how no one ever seems to realise the other meanings of 'riku' and 'kairi'. Yes, I know that Nomura has said that they are all from the nature meanings, but 'kairi' also means 'separation/ estrangement', and 'riku' can mean 'agony because of separation'. Now, it'd be even better if sora linked to that somehow, but you get no farther than sky ;.;

[√]Genuflect
what are you getting at? yes i agree that the names are important in some way.
When tetraalmasy asked a question pertaining if Ven,Aqua and Terra's name would have to deal where they come from, it reminded me of Destiny Islands.
Cause Ventus means wind.
Aqua means Water.
Terra means earth.

All of the meaning in their names are at one place, Destiny Islands.

S

sora in shadow

ya every think of something called other worlds? i mean come on earth wind and water are everywhere. it doesnt mean that ven and them are from the islands.

Riku000

That got me thinking.
Sora,Kairi and Riku lives at Destiny Islands.
Since it's an Island, It's close to the Sea.Since the Island is close to the sea, there should be wind in it.

Basically, Destiny Islands represents their names.

Sora means sky.Ven means Wind.
When you look up at DI there's Sky and Wind blows around it.

Kairi means Sea and Aqua means Water.
The Sea is all around DI.Sea is a body of water.

Riku means Land and Terra means Earth.
An Island is a piece of land that is surrounded by water.
Lands are part of the Earth.

I like this theory! They might have a strong connection. As for these six, Ven, Aqua and Terra might be Sora, Kairi and Riku's ancestors! They represent part of each other! I strongly think that these people a related.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's both land and shore. Seriously. I've gone through all the Japanese dictionaries I own (which is like, five) just to find all the possible meanings of the 'riku' reading, both meanings are interchangeable.

Really? Wow, random knowledge of the day, o_O.

You know, I've always found it funny how no one ever seems to realise the other meanings of 'riku' and 'kairi'.

Not everyone here can speak japanese, <.<;.

Yes, I know that Nomura has said that they are all from the nature meanings, but 'kairi' also means 'separation/ estrangement',

So I've heard.

and 'riku' can mean 'agony because of separation'.

o_O...then there's that whole thing in the KH1 opening with the sea *coughKairicough* separating the two...go figure, <.<.

Now, it'd be even better if sora linked to that somehow, but you get no farther than sky ;.;

Shame.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I guess Riku can mean shore but its like the same thing. Shore is land/ground, and the word riku more often refers to land. There is a connection between them 3 and the 3 knights. I hope we see why. Maybe since Sora wields the keyblade of light, he is the sky or the top. Riku = land is inbetween sky and the sea, so he wields the keyblade of twilight (inbetween). I wonder if Kairi's meant to wield the keyblade of "below the land" the keyblade of darkness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back