• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Names meaning.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukimice

Well from some time ago to now i have been doing some research about the Kingdom Hearts characters names and meanings and i've discovered some curious meanings of some and curiosities so i'm gonna tell some here

(Pseudo-PS.: If you know any other name meaning or curiosity about that tell by anwering this post)

Name menings:
Sora = Sky
Riku = Land
Kairi = Separation
Ventus = Wind
Terra = Earth/Ground
Aqua = Water
Axel = Peace Bringer
Xion = Heaven
Namine(Nami) = Waves
Roxas = Being without someone
Lea = Bringer of Good News
Isa = Devoted to god

Curiosities of the names:
All the organization members have an X in their real name and the other letters rearranged. If we go to Xion and we remove the X we get the letters I O and N, we can rearrange it to be ONI that means Demon/Monster

If you read through the secret report things in Days you also learn Xion an anagram of No. i *as in number 1* meaning shes one of the first replicas.
Her name Xion, itself also alludes to remembrance.

Yep. Xehanort can mean Another (as in, another hear inside of him, seeing as how Apprentice Xehanort is actually an individual whose body is being possessed by another heart). A throne to No Heart sitting on the throne (Xemnas' armor, which is actually Master Xehanort's armor).

Xion, her Japanese name being spelled Shion in romaji, is also the botanical name for the aster which means "forget-me-not" in Japanese, apparently.

Also Vanitas' name is a play off of Sora's as the kanji for sky is included in the word for emptiness, alluding to the Latin roots of Vanitas' name.

And Axel minus the x could give you ale... Reno's favorite drink.

I agree with absent about Xion's name being most clever.

I also haven't heard of Kairi being associated with separation. If anything, I thought her name sounded a lot like "return" (kaeri). I don't know if it sounds that way to native ears, though.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
If you read through the secret report things in Days you also learn Xion an anagram of No. i *as in number 1* meaning shes one of the first replicas.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

The i can also stand for imaginary number. In my opinion Xion is the most clever name is this series, right after Xehanort.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The i can also stand for imaginary number. In my opinion Xion is the most clever name is this series, right after Xehanort.

Yep. Xehanort can mean Another (as in, another hear inside of him, seeing as how Apprentice Xehanort is actually an individual whose body is being possessed by another heart). A throne to No Heart sitting on the throne (Xemnas' armor, which is actually Master Xehanort's armor).

duchessa

Xion, her Japanese name being spelled Shion in romaji, is also the botanical name for the aster which means "forget-me-not" in Japanese, apparently.

Also Vanitas' name is a play off of Sora's as the kanji for sky is included in the word for emptiness, alluding to the Latin roots of Vanitas' name.

And Axel minus the x could give you ale... Reno's favorite drink.

I agree with absent about Xion's name being most clever.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Kairi meaning Separation is news to me though, as I recall the primary meaning of her name being ocean, keeping the water-themed names of the main female characters.

Anagram

Banned
It makes sense in a way though because she was a dividing factor for a while between Sora and Riku in KH1. Each fighting to wake her in a different way.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Namine is actually the combination of nami (waves) + ne (sound)
or more precisely: nami (waves) + né (born, in French) which states her origin from "the sea", Kairi

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The Isa one is fascinating. If it true, it really well represents Isa/Saix`s blind trust to Xemans and the goals of the Organization XIII. Saix had some plans with Axel, but the plans were abandoned in one point.

Also this person name was not on the list, but Eraqus is an anagram for Square. I also think his appearance was supposed to resemble Sakaguchi(which Eraqus kinda does).

duchessa

I also haven't heard of Kairi being associated with separation. If anything, I thought her name sounded a lot like "return" (kaeri). I don't know if it sounds that way to native ears, though.

Bloodlust

Lea is a word for a piece of land used for grazing. And that would kinda make sense with the whole sky, land and sea trio thing.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Through the power of boredom I noticed the names of Org.XIIII members IX-XII might be puns.
Demyx: mixed music, mixtape
Luxord: lux sounds like luck
Marluxia: marl is a sedimentary rock that's used for fertilizer. And the "lux" ("pronounced "loosh") sorta sounds like lush.
Larxene: lark means escapade, to behave mischievously, or pull pranks. Sheen means shining, brightness.

Wintermute

The only correction I would offer is in regards to Kairi. It CAN mean 'Disaggregation, Dissociation, or Separation', but this definition is very bookish and is rarely used in actual speech. The more common definition of "Kairi" is 'A Nautical Mile', with the related "Kairyu" meaning 'Ocean Current'. This fits more closely with the concept of Sora, Riku, and Kairi being a sort of trinity, with Ventus, Terra, and Aqua being their analogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back