• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Name one worst and one best thing in each game

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Helionus

Awards
I list those i've played myself -

Kingdom Hearts / Final Mix

Pro -
the A T M O S P H E R E
Con - slow gameplay

Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories / Re:Chain of Memories

Pro -
The general plot, especially on Sora's side
Con - cards.

Kingdom Hearts II / Final Mix

Pro -
Satisfying gameplay
Con - Too much focus on the Drive Forms' leveling

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep / Final Mix

Pro -
The way each character's story is intertwined with each other
Con - The worlds are just too empty and lifeless

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

Pro -
The Grid world. Loved the movie, admired the recreation
Con - I hardly can give this game any. It's my favorite

Kingdom Hearts 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

Pro -
Ability to venture through Realm of Darkness in this beautiful graphics. So awesome
Con - Maybe they didn't needed to separate this sequence from prologue of KHIII

Kingdom Hearts III

Pro -
The grandiose final sequence from the start at Keyblade Graveyard and to the end title
Con - No Scala world as planetoid in gummy section (yes that's very nuanced thing for me)

Kingdom Hearts III Re:Mind

Pro -
Data Rematches, especially Master Xehanort's
Con - To think of it, I can't specify any cons in the DLC, since it was it's purpose to get rid of them, so...yeah

Vulpes XIII

Awards
Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
Good - All The Disney Villains working together against Sora was fun and It’s a shame we didn’t get to see more of that in future games (but at the same time I wouldn’t want them to replace Organization XIII either so a game where we had both groups would of been cool to see)

Bad - The layout of the Monstro world was annoying to navigate through

Re: Chain of Memories

Good - The Organization members in Sora side of the story were entertaining characters and enjoyable to fight against
Bad- The fact that you had to fight Riku Replica 4 times

KH2 Final Mix

Good - Data battles were a lot of fun even though certain fights like Demyx were kind of annoying with the whole 99 water clones part

Bad - Dancer Nobody

358 Days/2
Good - Playing as the different Organization members in mission mode was alot of fun
Bad - Ruler of the Sky

Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Good - Added Vanitas to the series
Bad - Having to play the same worlds 3 times

Re: Coded - Not including this game as I just ended up watching this on YouTube

Kingdom Hearts DDD
Good - The fact that The World Ends With You characters appeared in the game
Bad - The Light Cycle mini game

KH Birth By Sleep an Fragmentary Passage
Good - The Realm of Darkness design
Bad - It’s a demo it shouldn’t be it own game and they should of just put it at the start of KH3 instead

KH Union X
Good - Finally got some backstory for Lauriam and Elrena
Bad- The delay of Global story updates

KH3
Good - The fights against Organization XIII
Bad - How the Hundred Acre Woods ended up turning out it was a waste of a world

KH3 Remind - I enjoyed everything about this DLC can’t think of anything bad to say about it

KH Melody of Memory
Good - The fact that we finally got a KH rhythm game
Bad - How playing online with friends was handled, I can’t believe they didn’t put an option to play with people on your friends list in the game

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I can only pick ONE bad thing for Days? That's tough.

KINGDOM HEARTS 1
Pro: Disney characters actually mattering to the plot
Con: Rough platforming/combat integration, the Jafar fights & anytime you gotta fight aerial enemies on a ledge you don't wanna fall off being the prime culprits.

CHAIN OF MEMORIES
Pro: GBA version has arguably the best script in the series (I swear voice acting was Square's downfall)
Con: We REALLY didn't need the card battle system.

KINGDOM HEARTS 2
Pro: Revamped combat is oh so lovely
Con: Writing competency goes into free fall mode

358/2 DAYS
Pro: Technically impressive for DS hardware
Con: The only Disney bosses are Pete & the halloween kids

BIRTH BY SLEEP
Pro: Command leveling/melding/leveling-again is some addictive shit.
Con: Uneven boss difficulty, they're either complete pushovers & stupidly hard.

CODED
Pro: Hey, Disney characters matter again!
Con: Utterly inconsequential story

DREAM DROP DISTANCE
Pro: Fantasia is best world ever
Con: Too many comboing enemies/status effects. Feel like I barely ever have any control over combat.

CHI/UNCHAINED X/UNION X
Pro: Wreck-it Ralph world
Con: Aggressive power creep/pay-to-win elements

A FRAGMENTARY PASSAGE

Pro: Dress up Aqua
Con: Really should've done that 0.5/BBSv2 as a full game (counts this as another DDD con, because why did they even choose that over v2?)

KINGDOM HEARTS 3
Pro: Some excellent world design, especially Toybox & Caribbean
Con: Disney's restrictions on their IP somehow even worse here.

MELONY OF MEMORY
Pro: Easier to play than most rhythm games in my experience.
Con: Only 4 boss stages (I could also list Kairi, but that's a universal con for the whole series)

KINGDOM HEARTS 4
Pro: Howard the Duck world was better than it had right to be.
Con: Killing Sora off just to cop out resurrect him no less than 8 times in the span of 15 minutes. They honestly had me thinking Oogie Boogie did him it for good too.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS
Best
: The genuine care, involvement, and interest in both the Disney and FF characters. They were tied into an original storyline in an interesting way, they were treated seriously rather than as a joke, the Disney characters as bosses are actually challenging, etc. The original worlds are a great amalgamation of the feeling of both properties, too.
Worst: I suppose the limitations of technology at the time. The worlds do the absolute best they could have done back then, but some rooms (particularly in Halloween Town) seem worse when you play the games back-to-back, naturally. The same with the fishface.

CHAIN OF MEMORIES
Best
: Larxene for me. But I also love the Hollow Bastion story as well as Riku and Sora having a dual scenario. Oh, and Riku's relationship with Mickey is great, too, and how Jiminy is included in SDG's conversations. The dialogue in general is ace in this game. And the sprites. So many things that compete for the best part of this one.
Worst: The worlds, while they are given great dialogue, are filler and it does feel exhausting by the time you get to the 10th world to go through. In a way, I'm glad Deep Jungle couldn't be in the game simply because it would've been another world to complete. They could've cut out 100 Acre Wood at least, lol.

KINGDOM HEARTS 2
Best
: The length. I enjoy the double visits. Sora's design here is also my favorite, clothes-wise anyway.
Worst: Really hard to choose one with /this/ one, but I'm going to go with the world design. I can't stand those hallway area maps and all the babying. Drive Forms / Reaction Commands are really close to it though.

BIRTH BY SLEEP
Best
: Aqua and/or the Castle of Dreams world. The Command Board is really the only other thing for me.
Worst: The original story and (other) original characters. Everything's so stiff, drab, and boring in this game. The characters, the designs, the Land of Departure level that houses them, the Keyblade Graveyard. Having to play three scenarios of them made it harder.

RE:CODED
Best
: I like how it did new things with some of the Disney environments that had been ignored in the past (Cave of Wonders, for example), as well as the turn-based combat during the Coliseum portion.
Worst: Rehash quality. At least they also rehashed parts of CoM and 2 instead of just 1 again.

358/2 DAYS
Best
: The development between RAX, more than any of the other trios as a whole (although Sora and Riku as a duo trump them).
Worst: The gameplay.

DREAM DROP DISTANCE
Best
: The world design finally returning platforming and treasure-searching to the series, and the dual scenario with Sora and Riku. I also liked Flowmotion and the Dream Eaters, too, though.
Worst: The lack of Donald & Goofy, I suppose.

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2
Best
: The level design was great here, too.
Worst: How most of the plot felt sort of pointless and drawing things out for the sake of it.

KINGDOM HEARTS 3
Best
: Arendelle and the Caribbean, the level design in general, flowmotion, the length of the worlds in general.
Worst: The inexplicable absence of Radiant Garden and the FF characters.

MELODY OF MEMORY
Best
: Team Riku with the Dream Eaters
Worst: No proper "worlds" for the KH3 levels.

Last edited:
Back