• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Name fun. Also a Kairi topic.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.A.T.13

Alright, Im looking through my japanese dictionary and I found some interesting/funny stuff

These are the translations I found using my dictionary

Kairi: dissociation, beaver, nautical mile; 1852m; 6080ft, strangement; separation
Kai: marks yes-no question, low rank; subordinate; lower order (e.g., byte); low-end, the feelings of the people, shell; shellfish; being in between; mediation; concerning oneself with, meeting; assembly; party; association; club;

Riku: agony of separation, land; shore;

and we all know what Sora means. But I found this odd and funny. Riku means "agony of separation" while kairi means "separation". I already knew Kairi's name meant that, but i didnt know Riku had something to do with it also. Am I reading in too deep, or does this have a meaning in their relationship?

Even though kairi is a princess of heart, she seems to have a dark point. I mean all this trouble is because of her. The boys were best of friends and then she came about, causing them to separate. What if Ansem (It was ansem right? ) never sent kairi to destiny islands? Would Riku have gotten the keyblade like he was supposed to? And if so, would Sora be the twilight one? ( its X/1999 all over again I tell ya x_x; )

And maybe, Kairi isnt meant to have a keyblade. Seeing as Riku had to give it to her. Maybe because of the whole princess of heart thing? Princesses arnt usually supposed to fight. Something just doesnt feel right about Kairi....

Btw, Im not a Kairi hater. Im just thinking too much is all.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Her name means SEA, not separation. You see, Sora, Riku, and Kairi's name represent the sea, land, and sky. Like the island. =X

The separation thing is a misinterpretation...>.>

Sorry if I sound harsh, mind you. =X

Khaston

Sea, Land, Sky and Seperation.

Makes sense maybe, because if those three elements are supposed to represent the islands, than we know that both Riku and Kairi suffered an agony of seperation on it, like Riku was desperate to see other worlds and wanted to leave the island, that could be the agony. Whilst Kairi was seperated from Riku, but more importantly Sora, that was large part of her story.

.:Mega:.

Awards
Yeah, I guess, but it's been confirmed that the separation wasn't really what her name means. =X

Mind you, I'm a Kairi fan and I'm just easily annoyed because a lot of Kairi bashers use that name excuse to support "OMG TEH HAWT YAOI!" >.>

V

V.A.T.13

Her name means SEA, not separation. You see, Sora, Riku, and Kairi's name represent the sea, land, and sky. Like the island. =X

The separation thing is a misinterpretation...>.>

Sorry if I sound harsh, mind you. =X

Im just posting what the dictionary says. ^^; And you dont sound harsh. Harsh would be everything in caps and in bold red letters. That would scare me. D:

Japanese <-> English Dictionary Server Im using that dictionary btw.

V

V.A.T.13

Yeah, but still...Nomura did say that it means sea. XD;; 'Sides, not all those dictionaries may be accurate~

~Mega
I dont mean any bashing but
Online English to Japanese to English Dictionary <--- this dictionary says the same thing
And the one Im holding in my hand says the same also. ^^;

I mean, I already knew that the whole land, sea, sky thing, but a word can mean more than one thing.
Like Ame can mean rain or sky or candy. xD

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

*sigh* I kinda wish Kairi would have a darker side. I would LOVE her if she had an anti-form. ( but, alas, shes a princess of heart >_>; ) That whole holy-im-perfect thing is getting in the way of me liking her more. I hope to god in the next game she has more personality than just a mary-sue. D: She has SUCH a pretty character design! >< ( 2nd game anyway. ) KH needs more girls like Larxene. Now SHE was awesome. I'd go yuri for her. XD

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Riku's Keyblade is not the Keyblade of Twilight its a Keyblade from the realm of Light.

And although seperation is a meaning of Kairi, I beleive the intended translation is sea. Of course, it could have a hidden, meaning.

V

V.A.T.13

Riku's Keyblade is not the Keyblade of Twilight its a Keyblade from the realm of Light.

And although seperation is a meaning of Kairi, I beleive the intended translation is sea. Of course, it could have a hidden, meaning.

Its already been said that Dawn is the keyblade of the inbetween world. neither light nor dark.

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Nomura said that Riku's Keyblade is from the Realm of Light in the Another Report book.

Sexy Angel
Sora=Sky
Kiari=Sea
Riku=Earth (you can include sand, because sand is apart of the earth)

The three S's ^^

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Riku is actually more properly land, I beleive. At least I think that's what is intended. Not a big difference, but worth mentioning, I suppose.

V

V.A.T.13

"VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a keyblade are?

There isn't necessarily one keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its ok to think there is some deeper meaning there. "

I dont see where it says it came from light. Is it somewhere else in the report?

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's.

^ Therefore, both are from the Realm of Light. Or at least that's how I interpret it.

V

V.A.T.13

^ Therefore, both are from the Realm of Light. Or at least that's how I interpret it.

Ah, I see what your saying. The way Interpret it was that they are orginal keyblades. out of all the keyblades we;ve seen, only Riku's, Sora's, Kairi's, Mickey's, and the bald guy's keyblades have keychains on them. The rest I think are either fake, or weaker keyblades. ( which is why Ven's blade breaks )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back