• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Name 1 Disney and 1 Original World that you'd be shocked to see as a playable world in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Disney: The Princess and the Frog. If it appeared, I'd be overjoyed! I'd love to see it in the Unreal Engine/Kingdom Shader as well as see Tiana and the crew in KINGDOM HEARTS. That and it could add some much needed diversity to the cast.

Original: The Land of Departure, if for no other reason than to have a playable trippy dream sequence where Sora sees the past and learns something that could give the Guardians of Light an edge. Something he keeps in his back pocket until necessary.

Funny, I feel that both these worlds are going to be in the game. The latter is Castle Oblivion right now.

robotman

I like that everyone's opinions on worlds are quite different, I was expecting more people to say Cars like me but I guess that means that there's a lot of worlds that could potentially be surprising!

Funny, I feel that both these worlds are going to be in the game. The latter is Castle Oblivion right now.

Also, dude, you're the only one in here that didn't name the worlds that would shock you, what are they? :tongue:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Maleficent would be a monstertruck with horns, lmao.
Fudge, please make an edit on this
5aWad4x.gif

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Also, dude, you're the only one in here that didn't name the worlds that would shock you, what are they? :tongue:

To be honest, the return of Pirates shocked me. I assumed that the brand value of that property diminished in the late naughties and that Treasure Planet would be the Pirate world, but that doesn't seem to be the case. But if you want my current take, here's what I believe.

Disney: The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe - This property is perfect for Kingdom Hearts. It's Live Action fantasy, and this movie was a blockbuster hit for Disney. Problem is, Disney and Walden Media had a budget dispute for the third entry. I'm always theorizing that Oz, The Great and Powerful would be the second Live-Action property in this game because The Chronicles of Narnia is not an intellectual property that Disney wants to be associated with anymore. A shame too, because a fight against The Witch's army would be reminiscent of the 1000 Heartless battle in Kingdom Hearts II.

Original: The World that Never Was - It was in Dream Drop Distance. Any world playable in Dream Drop Distance is not going to be in Kingdom Hearts III. That world is too dated, it's a relic of the Kingdom Hearts II/358/2 Days element of the franchise. It served its purpose as the hub for the Original Organization XIII. At best, we'll probably see it return in cutscene format as the base of operations for Seekers of Darkness. Also, San Frasokyo has the whole urban city theme covered.

Subzero

Original: I’d be surprised to see Traverse Town again. I would love to revisit that town in KH3 and explore it further, but it doesn’t seem likely because of the emphasis on other original worlds in previous games (radiant garden, twilight town, destiny islands...)

Disney: Dumbo, Bambi, Pinocchio... basically any classic disney film from the 40s because of the focus on recent, 3D animated Disney films.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
The only other thing from KH3 that could possibly blow me away (at least as far as a World) even more at this point would be if Harry Potter/The Wizarding World (it would work so unbungalievably well, and after all, Disney is buying A LOT of properties these days (let alone the fact that they DID have TV rights up until very recently, and were originally going to have The Wizarding World Theme Park ...
oishii-smile.png

and or Disney's Dinosaur is featured as a World (or if not KH3, as soon as possible in one of the next console KH games). Now is definitely the time to feature the latter, as it will be presented in its absolute best game format, and would offer a great variety in both gameplay and environment. It would also be a lot easier to design than The Pride Lands, even with the next generation graphics and engine, and again would offer up a lot of neat things you could do with the World's environment, such as breaking the ground to find water and destroying pillars in the cave (like in Dinosaur's own Action Game for PC/Dreamcast/PAL PS2), as well as mini games in the Nesting Grounds (and maybe on Lemur Island
oishii-smile.png

Japan hates Lilo? Hmm, maybe thats why its only been Stitch and NOT Lilo in KH so far....

I think if they went with a Dinosaur world at this point they'd go with The Good Dinosaur instead of Disney's Dinosaur. Also, I wasn't aware Japan hated Lilo either, because she was in the first episode of the anime but they did replace her as the main character by making her grown up.

What kind of Dinosaur do you think he'd be? Velociraptor? and Donald would definitely be a Pterodactyl but what would goofy be? One of those dumb looking dinosaurs that Ducky was in Land Before Time or the green dinosaur in We're Back.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Also, I wasn't aware Japan hated Lilo either, because she was in the first episode of the anime but they did replace her as the main character by making her grown up.
I don't know if the who "Japan hating on Lilo" is true or precise, it's mainly because Stitch and the other side characters (Jumba, Pleakely, Angel and Stitch's Cousins) are very popular in Japan especially in the Disney merchandising, which is why you don't see that much of Lilo.

I still would like to see a Lilo & Stitch world where exploring the island of Hawaii for the first time, along apply some mini-games for that world to make it unique (e.g. surfing, fire dancing, Hula dancing, Ukelele rhythm game) and the themes of the film do match the KH plot (e.g. Ohana, Friendship, "Nobody get's left Behind"). On top of that, Stitch could just be like Simba and Mushu back in Kingdom Hearts II as they started off as summons in the first Kingdom Hearts game and Chain of Memories before appearing in their respective homeworlds in II. Lastly, it could tie into Stitch story's in the KH plot, having either Aqua or Terra as the Seeker of Darkness in this world given that he previously met them along with Ven 11 years ago in the Galactic Federation Spaceship back in BBS.

But realistically I doubt we'll get an actual Lilo & Stitch world and frankly, I won't be disappointed if it isn't a world in the game given from what I have seen from the vast majority of everyone on the forums and remaining far-fetched that the film:
  1. Doesn't have much potential as a world
  2. It's based on an actual modern setting (Hawaii).
  3. No real conflict in the film until the film's climax
  4. The themes for the film might not fit with Kingdom Hearts III's themes and the Kingdom Hearts narrative.
  5. Contradicts' Stitch current residence since he was in Radiant Garden in Kingdom Hearts II.
  6. Too similar to Pirates of the Caribbean (of course we will be mostly at seas in this world but still) and Destiny Islands (if it appears as a playable world).

It is what it is.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Disney: Castle of Dreams. Some of ya will probably know how much I want A Twist in Time in KH3. Time travel. Having Past Aqua as a party member and Sora learning some about the BBS trio through her. It is THE best time to use this movie (and Xemnas would be the perfect nort here too!) However, with the emphasis on newer films and the whole new PoH thing, it's very unlikely it'll appear. Which makes me sad.

Original: Destiny Islands. While I wouldn't be surprised at all for it to appear as cutscenes, to actually explore the town for once would freak me out big time.

TehSoulCookie

Good Shock: For disney worlds, it'd be Atlantis, just because I want it so, sooo bad. Also Wreck-It Ralph too. For originals, The World That Never Was. I know it's not gonna happen cause it was in DDD, but I just love the look of that world so much I can still hope against hope.

Bad Shock: Cars. Just......Cars......Enough said there, right? For original worlds, Traverse Town. There's nothing left to explore there I feel, plus it was already in DDD, so there's no point.

ImVentus

Awards

standing-ovation.gif

@TruestSyn Nah! I don't believe Pixar would want to market The Good Dinosaur. That was a huge bomb for the studio, not to mention was responsible for cuts and layoffs of another collaborative studio and resources. Disney's Dinosaur from 2000 was a box office success and I feel that it also would be a better fit, since it had a bigger cast of diverse dinosaurs. While The Good Dinosaur lacked in the dinosaur aspect.

shady543

Awards
Disney: A lot of the very old movies like 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, The Aristocats, Fox and the Hound, etc.

Original: Traverse Town, even though I do really want to see it again ;_;

Patricier

I think if they went with a Dinosaur world at this point they'd go with The Good Dinosaur instead of Disney's Dinosaur. Also, I wasn't aware Japan hated Lilo either, because she was in the first episode of the anime but they did replace her as the main character by making her grown up.
What kind of Dinosaur do you think he'd be? Velociraptor? and Donald would definitely be a Pterodactyl but what would goofy be? One of those dumb looking dinosaurs that Ducky was in Land Before Time or the green dinosaur in We're Back.

standing-ovation.gif

@TruestSyn Nah! I don't believe Pixar would want to market The Good Dinosaur. That was a huge bomb for the studio, not to mention was responsible for cuts and layoffs of another collaborative studio and resources. Disney's Dinosaur from 2000 was a box office success and I feel that it also would be a better fit, since it had a bigger cast of diverse dinosaurs. While The Good Dinosaur lacked in the dinosaur aspect.

Disney’s Dinosaur has a way more likely chance of being in KH for the following reasons:

• The Good Dinosaur is the first Pixar movie to disappoint at the box office, despite somewhat gaining a fair bit more money from Home Media sales and streaming service ratings, as opposed to Disney’s Dinosaur, that like the Original Tron did moderately well and holds somewhat of a technical innovation, in that its technically the first live action vividly realistic movie, before the live action Jungle Book and Lion King (let alone technically being a live action version of The Rite of Spring segment from the Original Fantasia J
  • Disney’s Dinosaur also has a theme park ride based off of it, so it has an overall more prominent connection
  • Disney’s Dinosaur would not only present more of a challenge graphically and perhaps gameplaywise, but would also be more of a different World, with a variety of different environments :)

Also, please do not call Ducky dumb, or a Big Mouth;yep yep yep thats met nice, oh no no no! :)

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Tron. I would love it and it would be absilutely gorgeous in the new engine, especially following an original plot or that of tron uprising: but i dont see it happening which saddens me deeply.

OG world would be traverse town. It’d be cool but i can see nothing it could possibly add other than 3 having all series hubs.

- twilight town
- yen sids tower
- destiny islands
- radiant garden
- land of departure/castle oblivion
- RoD
- castle that never was

they’re all either confirmed or important to the plot, and yeah it’s POSSIBLE a few could be excised, plus nothing not shown since the UE4 switch is really set in stone unless confirmed or denied- but thats what sets these apart from traverse town, it contributes nothing besides nostalgia.

Neo_

Awards
Cars could be a mini-game world a la Pooh later in the series... it's kind of extraordinary how it's fallen off in popularity and just how uncool it's become.; even Nemo to a lesser extent.

Not sure how rights would work here, but Roger Rabbit is the one world no one knew they wanted, and I guess I'll go with Traverse Town just because everyone else is saying it.

Perkilator

Awards
Disney: Wreck-it-Ralph, since it’s obvious that his is the UX world that hasn’t been in the series yet.

Original: Traverse Town; I’ve been wanting to see it in KH3, but it might not be.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Disney: Wreck-it-Ralph, since it’s obvious that his is the UX world that hasn’t been in the series yet.

How so? just because Glacie probed its inclusion? yeah, I don't think it's that obvious. All she literally said is "Hmm, I wonder... :)". That's not confirmation, that's just a response to a Reddit post that I honestly think is blown somewhat out of proportion.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
How so? just because Glacie probed its inclusion? yeah, I don't think it's that obvious. All she literally said is "Hmm, I wonder... :)". That's not confirmation, that's just a response to a Reddit post that I honestly think is blown somewhat out of proportion.

Agreed. For all we know, she might not have even known what the world was at that point. She’s just a community rep for the NA version and might not even be privy to that kind of information until it’s close to being announced, which we now know it wasn’t. I’m not sure how SE compartmentalizes their information, but I can see the development team of Ux retaining that kind of info in order to avoid leaks.

Another argument I see a lot of is that they wouldn’t have revealed his summon already. However, if he isn’t a party member in the world, it’s probably better they reveal the summon first so people are assured they still get to fight alongside him. Someone could argue that they could show both in the same trailer, but they get more bang for their buck by spreading out the content over different trailers.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Agreed. For all we know, she might not have even known what the world was at that point. She’s just a community rep for the NA version and might not even be privy to that kind of information until it’s close to being announced, which we now know it wasn’t. I’m not sure how SE compartmentalizes their information, but I can see the development team of Ux retaining that kind of info in order to avoid leaks.

Another argument I see a lot of is that they wouldn’t have revealed his summon already. However, if he isn’t a party member in the world, it’s probably better they reveal the summon first so people are assured they still get to fight alongside him. Someone could argue that they could show both in the same trailer, but they get more bang for their buck by spreading out the content over different trailers.

She mentioned knowing what the new world was at the Dandelion Event.

I mean, we'll know soon enough. Your track records are pretty good, so you've all got a good chance to hope.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
She mentioned knowing what the new world was at the Dandelion Event.

I mean, we'll know soon enough. Your track records are pretty good, so you've all got a good chance to hope.

Didn’t know that, but good to know. It still doesn’t support or confirm Ralph is in the UX. Even if it is the world, Glacie wasn’t at all confirming anything despite the comment being twisted into that narrative for clickbait. All she was doing was stirring the pot to cause this exact kind of speculation of whether or not it would be in. How people fail to see that and instead accept her ambiguous words as confirmation is beyond me.

Thanks for noticing; I do consider my track record pretty good.

redcrown

Awards
Disney world: Treasure Planet, a much as I wanted it in KH3 I would be shocked at it's presence alongside PotC. At this point I'll still cross my fingers for it but I'm definitely not expecting it.

Atlantis: I'm not sure if this is more or less likely than Treasure Planet, but I'd still be surprised to see.

Original World: Shibuya, it would be a nice surprise but since it's not an original KH world I'm not expecting it to show up; at least in KH3 which seems to be putting more focus in it's Disney elements and it's own original worlds to tie up this saga nicely. Putting Shibuya in would be interesting but might cause the game to feel too bloated from a story/development aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back