• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Name 1 Disney and 1 Original World that you'd be shocked to see as a playable world in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robotman

Disney: Cars - Just no... Ewww. No way, that's not happening, can you imagine Sora and the gang turning into automobiles?

QuestionableFlippantKusimanse-max-1mb.gif

Original: Destiny Islands - At this point it might as well only be known a cut-scene world. I really want Destiny Island to be playable but I just don't see it happening, it'll probably be a cut-scene world at the end of the game *eye roll*.

So, what would you all be shocked to see?

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Disney: Chicken Little - I know that he was in Kingdom Hearts 2 but that was for merely promotion of the movie I believe. I wouldn't be mad if it takes a slot in Kingdom Hearts 3 but I'll be thinking 'why?'.

Original: Same as OP, I'll be shocked to see Destiny Islands as a playable world. It's been playable in three games (KH1 Beginning, Com/Re:Com and Coded/Re:Coded), I think it would be great to see it returned but I would be really shocked to see it.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Disney: I'd be shocked to see Treasure Planet after PotC was confirmed. When I found out it was scrapped in DDD I thought it would have a good chance but not now. While obviously two different settings Treasure Planet has a number of similarities that would make it too similar to The Caribbean as well.

Original: I'd be shocked if Traverse Town returned. Not much else you can do that wasnt done in the prior game.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Disney: Wreck-It Ralph

Since we’ve seen so much to suggest it is the Union Cross world, I would be both shocked and overjoyed if it turns out to be a world in KH3. It probably has less than a 5% chance of making it at this point, but if it ends up being included, it would complete the Disney content in this game for me. I’d be entirely content with plus what we have so far. Anything else would be gravy.

Original: ???

I don’t know what it would be called, but a brand new original location that is like Traverse Town, except it is the home of characters from various live action Disney properties and newer FF characters. It would use the graphics from Pirates and the environment would look more like something from FFXV.

horto12485

Awards
Disney: Treasure Planet (Well if it was Chosen instead of POTC then it would have completed the Roy Conli Trilogy)

Original: Radiant Garden

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Disney: Pocahontas

In a bad way. I would either drop the game altogether or switch to buying it used and then sell it after I'm done.

Also Disney: Mickey & The Beanstalk

In a good way. I want this title incorporated somehow but it seems unlikely given how few Disney worlds are left to reveal. Nomura does like to throw a curve ball every now and again, but this one would be pretty out-there even for him at this point.

I don't think any original world would really shock me at this point; I feel like there's an equally decent chance for any of them to be playable or non-playable depending on how the narrative goes. Like, I don't think it's that unlikely for Destiny Islands to be playable. Nomura knows fans are thirsty for it and it's the home world of both SRK and Master Xehanort, and every single main character in the series has been there at some point. And in both BBS and 0.2 it was positioned as a world with maybe some deeper relevance to the central lore than just a home base for our key kids: I bet there's a lot of the world that even Sora hasn't explored yet, and it would be poignant to have him go home at some point in the game in order to figure out where to go next.

mytomxxx

Disney: In a good way, James and the Giant Peach... I mean, only I think it would be really pretty?

Disney: Bad way... cars, I dont want to see sora as a car, neither dancing at High School Music.

Original: Bad way... Destiny Island from the past... I would be shocked if SRK travel trought time being only hearts to kill Xehanort as a baby.

Original: Good way... Daybreak Town and Kingdom Hearts

Disney: Pocahontas

In a bad way. I would either drop the game altogether or switch to buying it used and then sell it after I'm done.

I really would like to read your critic thoughts about pocahontas, never realise this is a racista francise

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Disney: In a good way, James and the Giant Peach... I mean, only I think it would be really pretty?
Ohh yeah, I forgot about this from the old world speculation threads but I would actually gladly take this as a replacement to Halloween Town, allowing them to experiment with stop-motion effects in a new environment. Although it would also make me miss Halloween Town at the same time, haha.

I really would like to read your critic thoughts about pocahontas, never realise this is a racista francise
It exploits the life of an actual historical person who was kidnapped and then died horribly without ever being reunited with her people and romanticizes it into a sing-along fantasy romance based on the lies a white colonizer told to make himself sound like a hero to other colonizers. That's just on one level.

Think: The Diary of Anne Frank, the musical comedy of the year! It's like that but even worse because the Nazis won.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Disney: The Black Cauldron. It's a dark and gritty story and the Horned King could totally be a super powerful heartless and would even make a pretty awesome darkness if they added it.

Original: Cable Town. It's an old concept maybe they'll finally bring it to fruition? But they also wanted a few other worlds that never made it...hmmmm

No offense there alexis but that sounds like the most SJW response to an answer I've ever heard. It's blatantly obvious what happened to the native Americans was messed up, but can you really blame a company (or the COUNTLESS companies that have made animated sing-a-long films about tragedies across the world; see Titanic/Anastasia) for trying to both make money and sorta educate about events that occurred? When has there ever been a 100% historically accurate animated film that hasn't taken any liberties to make the target audience entertained, and if you can name one make sure it's one that was actually successful and entertaining.

Last edited:

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Disney: Lilo & Stitch

Okay, I know that's just wishful thinking and you can feel free to disagree with what I say about the film appearing as a world in the series, but at the same time I'm not overhyping myself and demand this film to appear.

Personally, there is so much they can have with the film as not only will it expand the Lilo & Stitch world and include the island of Hawaii for the first time, but they could apply some mini-games for that world to make it unique (e.g. surfing, fire dancing, Hula dancing, Ukelele rhythm game) and the themes of the film do match the KH plot (e.g. Ohana, Friendship, "Nobody get's left Behind). In addition, Stitch could just be like Simba and Mushu back in Kingdom Hearts II as they started off as summons in the first Kingdom Hearts game and Chain of Memories before appearing in their respective homeworlds in II. Lastly, it could tie into Stitch story's in the KH plot, having either Aqua or Terra as the Seeker of Darkness in this world given that he previously met them along with Ven 11 years ago in the Galactic Federation Spaceship back in BBS.

TBH, I doubt we'll get an actual Lilo & Stitch world and I won't be disappointed if it isn't a world in the game given from what I have seen from the vast majority of you and remaining far-fetched that the film:
  1. Doesn't have much potential as a world
  2. It's based on an actual modern setting (Hawaii) devoid of fantasy/Sci-Fi elements
  3. No real conflict in the film until the film's climax
  4. The themes for the film might not fit with Kingdom Hearts III's themes and the Kingdom Hearts narrative.
  5. Contradicts' Stitch current residence
  6. Too similar to Pirates of the Caribbean (of course we will be mostly at seas in this world but still) and Destiny Islands.
  7. "Japan hating on Lilo" issue.

It is what it is.

Original World: ???

Can't decide but I wouldn't mind Seeing Daybreak Town or Kingdom Hearts as an actual world.

Ohh yeah, I forgot about this from the old world speculation threads but I would actually gladly take this as a replacement to Halloween Town, allowing them to experiment with stop-motion effects in a new environment. Although it would also make me miss Halloween Town at the same time, haha.
Although I loved the film and be a nice replacement for Nightmare Before Christmas as the Stop-Motion world and have it go into different territories, I'm going to flat out be realistic that I don't think we will be getting James and the Giant Peach, in III or in any future games due to the fact that the film is an adaptation of a book and that requires having Nomura and his team to ask permission not just from Disney but also the Roald Dahl estate (the family/relatives of Roald Dahl, the author who wrote the original book) which I don't think they will be pleased nor will they allow SDG in the worlds based on the film adaptations inspired on the author's work.

Last edited:

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I never saw pocahontas, but I'm 100% that have a issue with the Disney version, then what about every other disney version of a fairy tale those were dark and they changed those too

The only thing of pocahontas I saw was a educational animated movie, years ago.

Plus dropping KH3 over a world you didn't want is the kind of... odd

mytomxxx

No offense there alexis but that sounds like the most SJW response to an answer I've ever heard. It's blatantly obvious what happened to the native Americans was messed up, but can you really blame a company (or the COUNTLESS companies that have made animated sing-a-long films about tragedies across the world; see Titanic/Anastasia) for trying to both make money and sorta educate about events that occurred? When has there ever been a 100% historically accurate animated film that hasn't taken any liberties to make the target audience entertained, and if you can name one make sure it's one that was actually successful and entertaining.

I worry we get to much off topic but may I reply?

The world changes, people back there doesnt saw raping as a problem if was "savage" people. Them making a movie about this, romanticizing it wasnt a problem either. But now we see this a problem, and I doubt nowadays something like a movie romanticizing the apartaid or the KKK would be a sucess (KKK which did and do things closely to what colonizators did). Pocahontas was a sucess back then and we can (i think we should) problematize it. Because we are evolving as a society we can rethink this things.

OBS: Song of the South was made by Disney too.

About titanic and anastasia being romanticize, is differente romanticizing a acident than a crime and making the real bad people appear as good people...

And if someone does a movie 100% accurate I doubt it would be for entertaining purposes. It would be probably to show reality and shock people, making them feel bad about what happened.

Replying with respect <3

Although I loved the film and be a nice replacement for Nightmare Before Christmas as the Stop-Motion world and have it go into different territories, I'm going to flat out be realistic that I don't think we will be getting James and the Giant Peach, in III or in any future games due to the fact that the film is an adaptation of a book and that requires having Nomura and his team to ask permission not just from Disney but also the Roald Dahl estate (the family/relatives of Roald Dahl, the author who written the original book) which I don't think they will be pleased nor will they allow SDG in the worlds based on the film adaptations inspired on the author's work.

Yeah I know, and that's exactly the reason I would be shocked if James and the Giant Peach apppears at KH3

Last edited:

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I worry we get to much off topic but may I reply?

The world changes, people back there doesnt saw raping as a problem if was "savage" people. Them making a movie about this, romanticizing it wasnt a problem either. But now we see this a problem, and I doubt nowadays something like a movie romanticizing the apartaid or the KKK would be a sucess (KKK which did and do things closely to what colonizators did). Pocahontas was a sucess back then and we can (i think we should) problematize it. Because we are evolving as a society we can rethink this things.

OBS: Song of the South was made by Disney too.

And if someone does a movie 100% accurate I doubt it would be for entertaining purposes. It would be probably to show reality and shock people, making them feel bad about what happened.

Replying with respect <3

Yeah I know, and that's exactly the reason I would be shocked if James and the Giant Peach apppears at KH3

And to reply (ONE LAST TIME OUT OF TOPIC) respectfully it is our job to realize the mistake and to not repeat it, but not to demonize a film made in an era where that sort of thing was normal and accepted as the truth and even let it affect our decision to purchase and support a game that included said movie as a part of it. If you can't accept that media itself has changed over these ages and use that as a stepping stone to continue to do the right thing but instead choose to lash out against it and anyone who may like the movie then you would also be considered a part of the problem. There were propaganda comics and cartoons from the early days of Disney that I don't see people boycotting Donald for having been a nazi, so the same thing really applies.

I did good, so bad I'd say:

Disney: Finding Nemo/Dory. I don't want to be a fish, but if I became one I'd rather it be in The Incredible Mr. Limpet and pay respects to Don Knotts.

Original: Traverse Town. They'd really have to shoehorn some kind of plot relevance to return to the world that only exists under certain conditions, so unless we're the baby daddy to the Traverse Town prostitute, I don't want to go back.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Neither Titanic (not a musical or animated) nor Anastasia deal in the dynamic of racial genocide committed in an ongoing fashion against a nation or nations of people, making it an unsuitable analogy which speaks to your threshold for empathy given that you would have us compare these historical trends as if the murder, enslavement, torture and cultural cleansing of Indigenous people through an intentionally devastating policy of manifest destiny enforced by foreign aggressors were some kind of random accident or a casualty of a society's internal political strife carried out by its own activists and dissidents. The fact that you go on to demand of me some kind of arbitrary standard for replying to your excessively broad and disingenuously framed argument speaks only to your lack of self-awareness.

To your second response, which is almost elevated to comedy in its internal contradictions, people don't boycott Disney over its early propaganda eras because it isn't running that material in perpetuity. Or is it your contention that people wouldn't drop KH3 and entire political organizations rally to boycott it if it created images or characters openly endorsing Nazi ideology?

Although I loved the film and be a nice replacement for Nightmare Before Christmas as the Stop-Motion world and have it go into different territories, I'm going to flat out be realistic that I don't think we will be getting James and the Giant Peach, in III or in any future games due to the fact that the film is an adaptation of a book and that requires having Nomura and his team to ask permission not just from Disney but also the Roald Dahl estate (the family/relatives of Roald Dahl, the author who written the original book) which I don't think they will be pleased nor will they allow SDG in the worlds based on the film adaptations inspired on the author's work.
Well you're right on the face of it, it's definitely another hoop to jump through which decreases its likelihood, but that would just add to the surprise. I would like to see KH3 experiment with more than just live action design, though: if we're at the place graphically where every world has the potential to reflect its source material faithfully, I'd like to see them continue to stretch the limits of that. It's one of the reasons I'm disappointed with the abundance of CGI properties in the game.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'd be surprised if Agrabah were to return. Even without the reveal of the new PoH, I don't think it has much of a chance now. Nomura said the majority of Disney worlds would be new and we already have Olympus, The Caribbean and 100 Acre Woods returning. Assuming we have around three worlds left I see two of those last slots going to newer films.

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Disney: The Princess and the Frog. If it appeared, I'd be overjoyed! I'd love to see it in the Unreal Engine/Kingdom Shader as well as see Tiana and the crew in KINGDOM HEARTS. That and it could add some much needed diversity to the cast.

Original: The Land of Departure, if for no other reason than to have a playable trippy dream sequence where Sora sees the past and learns something that could give the Guardians of Light an edge. Something he keeps in his back pocket until necessary.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
1 Disney: Atlantica. I would love it, but that would definitely be shocking.
1 Original: Traverse Town. It seems the most unlikely of the original worlds to appear at this point.

Patricier

The only other thing from KH3 that could possibly blow me away (at least as far as a World) even more at this point would be if Harry Potter/The Wizarding World (it would work so unbungalievably well, and after all, Disney is buying A LOT of properties these days (let alone the fact that they DID have TV rights up until very recently, and were originally going to have The Wizarding World Theme Park ...
oishii-smile.png

and or Disney's Dinosaur is featured as a World (or if not KH3, as soon as possible in one of the next console KH games). Now is definitely the time to feature the latter, as it will be presented in its absolute best game format, and would offer a great variety in both gameplay and environment. It would also be a lot easier to design than The Pride Lands, even with the next generation graphics and engine, and again would offer up a lot of neat things you could do with the World's environment, such as breaking the ground to find water and destroying pillars in the cave (like in Dinosaur's own Action Game for PC/Dreamcast/PAL PS2), as well as mini games in the Nesting Grounds (and maybe on Lemur Island
oishii-smile.png

Disney: Lilo & Stitch

Okay, I know that's just wishful thinking and you can feel free to disagree with what I say about the film appearing as a world in the series, but at the same time I'm not overhyping myself and demand this film to appear.

Personally, there is so much they can have with the film as not only will it expand the Lilo & Stitch world and include the island of Hawaii for the first time, but they could apply some mini-games for that world to make it unique (e.g. surfing, fire dancing, Hula dancing, Ukelele rhythm game) and the themes of the film do match the KH plot (e.g. Ohana, Friendship, "Nobody get's left Behind). In addition, Stitch could just be like Simba and Mushu back in Kingdom Hearts II as they started off as summons in the first Kingdom Hearts game and Chain of Memories before appearing in their respective homeworlds in II. Lastly, it could tie into Stitch story's in the KH plot, having either Aqua or Terra as the Seeker of Darkness in this world given that he previously met them along with Ven 11 years ago in the Galactic Federation Spaceship back in BBS.

I agree I doubt we'll get an actual Lilo & Stitch world and I won't be disappointed if it isn't a world in the game given from what I have seen from the vast majority of you and remaining far-fetched that the film:
  1. Doesn't have much potential as a world
  2. It's based on an actual modern setting (Hawaii) devoid of fantasy/Sci-Fi elements
  3. No real conflict in the film until the film's climax
  4. The themes for the film might not fit with Kingdom Hearts III's themes and the Kingdom Hearts narrative.
  5. Contradicts' Stitch current residence
  6. Too similar to Pirates of the Caribbean (of course we will be mostly at seas in this world but still) and Destiny Islands.
  7. "Japan hating on Lilo" issue.

It is what it is.

Original World: ???

Can't decide but I wouldn't mind Seeing Daybreak Town or Kingdom Hearts as an actual world.

Japan hates Lilo? Hmm, maybe thats why its only been Stitch and NOT Lilo in KH so far....

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
Simple! Wonderland re-appering for no reason.

Going back to Traverse Town would be repetitive now that Twilight Town is growing bigger.

I don't get why other IPS with similar elements are disapproved by the mass of people. Eh! I don't really give much thought about it at this point. Would I want to see Pocahontas & Cars in the game? Eh, why not? It's not like I'm gonna stop playing the game cause one or two films are included that I dislike. Nah! that would be dumb. Now I'm quite curious how Sora would drive around with the keyblade in his windshield.

Maleficent would be a monstertruck with horns, lmao.
Fudge, please make an edit on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back