• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Myyyyyy Corona

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
We've been getting grocery delivery lately; Walmart delivered yesterday. Guess what?

The last delivery person brought her kids. Not sure if she had childcare, but wow.
Funny you should mention grocery delivery from Walmart. Just, like, literally today one of my best friends that lives in Tampa Bay, FL told me of a little incident the grocery delivery guy had with a leafblower employee. When he arrived to her apartment complex, he tried to open the lobby door, but the security system sometimes jams the door and it's hard to access. He called her and she couldn't hear him because of the leafblower being used. He tells the leafblower employee to please go away a bit so he can finish the service and the leafblower employee starts to snap on him. My friend was walking down from her floor and witnesses their heated exchange. Suffice to say, my friend was infuriated. She told him that he had no sense of consideration over the delivery guy doing his job. That she understands that he as well is an essential worker, but that he was way out of line. She grabs her stuff, thanks the delivery guy and leaves.

It's a bit off topic, but she requested delivery because of preservation from the Coronavirus, ahha.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
That's kinda the same reason we're getting it; less time going out for supplies, less chance of catching this crudola.

As it is we've been haunting the local Sam's Club after ground beef since the news broke. Mainly after stuff we need that people have been buying up; We're going again this week (We got the meat tho); Seems we need a pack of TP (YEAH, I know), some sanitary supplies for Sis, some bleach wipes and some other stuff. Some of what's on the "hit list" is stuff people are snapping up and I hope we can get before it gets urgent...But we're not going to be pigs, just get what we need and no more.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
What are you guys doing during the lockdown? I have so many things to do, but I'm starting to just feel unmotivated to do anything. Like I just want to stay in bed and do nothing. Watching the KH3 intro video and fighting the Data Battles is normally something I would do to get myself out of a deep funk, but I don't even feel motivated to turn on the PS4. It's been like 3-4 weeks of this, so maybe that's why.

OneDandelion

Awards
What are you guys doing during the lockdown? I have so many things to do, but I'm starting to just feel unmotivated to do anything. Like I just want to stay in bed and do nothing. Watching the KH3 intro video and fighting the Data Battles is normally something I would do to get myself out of a deep funk, but I don't even feel motivated to turn on the PS4. It's been like 3-4 weeks of this, so maybe that's why.
I should be studying for my exams but they're take home so that's not really an issue. I've been binging animal crossing but video games can only occupy my mind for so long before they become tedious.

I've nearly hit my boredom breaking point where I'll start being productive again just for the sake of curing my boredom. It happens every now and then lol, so I'll probably get into a sleep/workout routine, eat healthy and read some books or something. I was planning on transferring to a university that's roughly 4 hours away over the summer but if it's shutdown still by the fall semester I'm not sure what I'm gonna do.

I also dabble in 3d modeling and piano, and more recently photoshop so I have things to occupy myself... but I'm starting to feel the cabin fever a bit as well. Especially because I'm living with my parents and "going to school full time" so I'm not making money right now and feeling pretty useless/stagnant

mouflon

Awards
I kinda struggle with motivation at the moment 'cause I'm working from home. It's a job that's completely unchallenging and only exists because nobody bothers to organise or modernise the systems and workflow for the place on whose behalf I work. So it sucks at the best of times, but having it come into my house is like... nope. Hate this. This sucks. Were it not for the lockdown I was hoping I'd have moved onto something better by now. But, eh, all things are transient and all that. Plus I may or may not be incrasingly half-assing it by doodling or replaying old GBA games whilst I 'work', whoops, teehee~

Otherwise the lockdown is basically how I live 95% of the time anyway. Don't like social situations. Can't stand people. Hate crowds. Like, the whole thing of "stay 2 metres away from people"? I'm like, "you sure that's far enough?", hahah. Though I do enjoy walks or going out to nice outdoorsy places, but I can deal with not doing that for a few weeks easy.

I don't really have advice for more sociable types who are going a bit bonkers or getting depressed since I'm just living my life as I usually do for the most part. I've been considering throwing together something in the RP forum here for a long while actually so maybe a quarantine will finally get my butt into gear? Maybe. Probably not.

I also dabble in 3d modeling and piano, and more recently photoshop so I have things to occupy myself... but I'm starting to feel the cabin fever a bit as well. Especially because I'm living with my parents and "going to school full time" so I'm not making money right now and feeling pretty useless/stagnant

I can relate to this useless feeling. I'm nearing thirty and still live with my parents. That alone isn't a problem for me personally; it's only in the past few years I've actively wanted to move out into my own place. But, after having spent half my twenties unemployed/in education and at the end of it realised it wasn't what I really wanted to do anyway, I do feel a bit of an arse. Wanna go back in time and give my past self a good old bonk on the noggin and tell her, "oi, get your act together, idiot". Hindsight is 20/20 and all that though.

OneDandelion

Awards
I can relate to this useless feeling. I'm nearing thirty and still live with my parents. That alone isn't a problem for me personally; it's only in the past few years I've actively wanted to move out into my own place. But, after having spent half my twenties unemployed/in education and at the end of it realised it wasn't what I really wanted to do anyway, I do feel a bit of an arse. Wanna go back in time and give my past self a good old bonk on the noggin and tell her, "oi, get your act together, idiot". Hindsight is 20/20 and all that though.
It's more restlessness for me than anything else I think. As long as I'm making progress towards my goals in some way it doesn't bother me but staying inside all the time knowing that I can get perfect marks on my exams without studying at all is rather debilitating. Especially because I was previously living on my own in the military, living with my parents now, even temporarily, puts me on edge because I feel like I should be out doing something.

Theres always time to learn new skills. I'm going for a degree in electrical engineering because that's where the worlds headed and where the money is, but most of my spare time goes to art. In my experience no matter what degree you get you're going to eventually find the job tedious or somewhat "unchallenging" or unfulfilling - I was previously a mechanic on nuclear reactors and still felt that way lol. For me personally I don't think I'll ever be completely satisfied in a single field doing the same thing over and over again so I found it's important to teach myself other skills in my offtime while im not working. Hence the 3d modeling/photoshop, etc. You'd be surprised even a few hours a day can get you pretty good at anything if you're even a little passionate about it, and if you get good at things like programming/art and create a portfolio for yourself a degree isn't even necessary in finding a job. My point is it's not terrible to feel like your job is boring as long as you're actively pursuing your real interests in your off time. And you can always continue to apply for other, better jobs.

mouflon

Awards
It's more restlessness for me than anything else I think. (snipped for brevity)

Yeah, guess that's a bit different. I've never left home yet but I know for sure I'd hate to come back and live when I finally do get my own place. I think my biggest frustration is that the other jobs I've applied for are sort of frozen in time due to the lockdown, but I'm still having to do the dumb one I have now. Like, dang, it could've have been the other way around, universe?

Art is actually most of what I do in my spare time! Both because I enjoy it and to build my skills and portfolio. Still don't think I'm quite there, but definitely on my way. My course was game dev and during it I realised 2D art was basically the only aspect I truly cared about, so in retrospect I figured I should've just gone into Illustration. Not that I'd need a degree with a good enough portfolio, like you said, but it feels like it would've been a better, more enjoyable use of my time. My relationship with my art has been drawn-out and complicated, though (gosh that sounds pretentious as hell but I don't mean it that way, haha)

I agree about staying in a single field. I can't actually envision myself staying in just one job all my life. Even art, which is really what I wanna do at the moment, isn't something I'd necessarily want to do as a job forever. It's so easy to get burnout with something like that. I think I'm also stuck in the mindset that since I can draw anything I want at anytime I want, regardless of my job, it's like "eh, why bother getting an art job when you're arting anyways?" (Except you know money)

In any case, just gotta trudge onward.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Well the governor in my state is officially stopping the school year, no surprise there. The governor states that those that were on track to graduate during March will graduate, others who did well will move up a grade. But now all of us seniors sit here like: "It's over? That was it? All of those years of anticipation and waiting, for this? Where's the prom? Where's the senior walk? Where's the trips? Surprises? Last moments and memories? Farewells? Etc.?"
I really don't know what will happen for us, schools may make up for it differently. I know I should be thankful that I am at least graduating (or graduated?), but there was so much to look forward to that now many of those things can't be done. I know there isn't anything that can be done right now, but I hope some of these things will be made up for all of us who waited for our turn to have these moments in our lives that we spent around 13-14 or more years for.
Also update: Didn't get to go to my dentist appointment to get fillings so now I still have cavities. How nice.

D

Deleted member 252753

I feel like this a lot and I haven't felt able to even play video games much either. Like mouflon I am working at home for a job which is pretty pointless, especially at the moment, but that helps fill up the week at least and I know I am very lucky to have it.

I agree that it could help to spend time on artistic projects or working on skills/hobbies. I find that tough because I can't do art at all and don't really have any particular skills or creative outlets. I quite like cooking and baking though, as you don't need to actually be very good to make something that tastes okay. I hope that you find something you can enjoy doing while stuck at home.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I work from home one week and go into the office the next week. This week is my WFH week and I honestly hate it. I feel absolutely unmotivated but I have to do the work I do because it is a critical duty in my workplace. It's so hard to do it from home mostly because my work laptop is absolute crap. I miss my large desk with my printer and my large monitor.

This is just me making first world privileged complaints because I know other people aren't so lucky to even HAVE a job so I am eternally grateful for being able to work from home and do it in order to contribute in flattening the curve.

I will say that I am not bored at home. I've caught up on a ton of tv shows and I'm playing Animal Crossing so 90% of my energy is going into that when I am not working. I'm also taking commissions on Fiverr so I'm getting the chance to write.

I've been working out.

I think work is my biggest stressor, though. It's difficult being on at work for 8 hours. I feel obligated to be that attentive for 8 hours even though I complete my duties in an efficient and speedy manner.

I miss my friends that live near me dearly, though. I miss having the choice of going out and doing something outside.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I've been playing video games and watching Disney Plus. Stardew Valley, Mario Maker, and soon I'll replay all the Kingdom Hearts games I think. I just watched Coco for the first time ever. I'm all stocked up on groceries, and other than that staying safe.

Still have work though. McDonald's is "essential" even though we are getting so little business that we cut store hours down and are getting rid of half our menu to stay open. At this point I'd probably make more money from employment.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
My company's warehouse/production shut down today (hopefully for just a few days). The people that are working from home (like me) still have some things we can do, so I'm still getting paid. I am very thankful to still have a job. It's just living this type of life for three weeks now has been absurd and just taking a toll on me.

Some days I'm productive, other days I'm lacking motivation at all. At least it looks like it's the peak number of deaths for my state, or at least coming up to it (it's very morbid to be happy for this), so maybe things will actually go back to normal soon.

Memory_Keeper

Awards
I’m kind of in a weird spot with work and personal life. I’m a nurse but I recently left the hospital to work in clinical admin. Since my department generally deals with Medicare patients (and we’re keeping them out of the clinics due to their risk) so they have my team on the Covid19 hotline. Which is just about as fun as it sounds. It’s so hectic but then I come home and it’s like this weird state of limbo. Are we worrying too much, not worrying enough vice versa. It’s a lot to deal with but I’m just glad I’m not on the frontlines doing bedside care like my husband.

Fiddlesticks

Awards
Yeah for me I’m a graduating senior so now I’m essentially having my college life end so abruptly which really sucks. I may never see so many people and friends I’ve made ever again, especially because they canceled our graduation ceremony.

On the other hand I went to Disney World to start off my spring break and was lucky that the days I went were right before the parks closure. It was so weird being there at that time. Seeing all the DCP kids say goodbye before they go home and how the parks definitely felt emptied than usual.

super happy I still got to go and it was a really great trip but now everything is closed and there’s nothing to do and no where to go. They’re even locking up the damn beaches. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A TAN THIS BREAK. D:

I felt really sad when they announced Disney closures, I can't imagine the happiest place on earth closed indefinitely :(

2 quid is good

Awards
I would like to say I've enjoyed my time home but honestly I didn't realise how much time I spent away from my family and how much I *needed* it. First thing I'm gonna do when lockdown ends is take my friends and drive all around London going to all our favourite restaurants, hopefully anyway.

Doesn't help that everyone in my house has been sick at various points in the past 3 or so weeks and testing isn't available for us so we don't even know for sure what we have. It does bother me though how many people seem to think walking outside but not driving is adequately following the rules. I can count on one hand the number of times I've left my house in the past month and recently I've seen so many people just milling about doing nothing but being more vectors for the disease. Meanwhile I've been going mental having to deal with an onslaught of uni assignments and zero help at all from the institution. My professor tries his best but there's only so much he can do.

On the plus side, I got my mum to answer a phone call with "wagwan g, what you saying" so I feel like that almost outweighs everything else. Hopefully I get to kick back and relax with as many vidya gaems as I want as soon as I finish these assignments and exams.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, seems we're getting more cases of the 'rona here in GA..once the lockdown was eased a bit.

I'm still wearing a mask when I go out unless I go walking (since I go where I see no one usually), and still hand santizering and scrubbing my hands. I just hope it don't get worse, I'd hate to hear Six Flags closing again (and I'm still hoping I can go with mask on)

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
There's no way I would go to Six Flags during this. The lines there are always so long and crowded, not to mention I doubt the people there are being paid enough to care about sanitizing the rides properly after every go. I was shocked today when my mom mentioned Six Flags was still open.

As for the thought that "Scientists found just 1 virus and now we're all afraid!" Dude, have you not heard of the black plague? Small pox? Measels? SARS? Ebola??? All this stuff existed in the past and caused lockdowns. Entire cities burned because of Small Pox once upon a time.

But humanity had gotten a littleeeeee smarter and understood the idea that if we worked together, we could eradicate the more dangerous diseases or slow the spreading. Small Pox is gone today because scientist and governments around the world said "Screw this particular disease, let's end it." and they did.

The rest of the world still has this mentality for the most part, it's only the US (and Brazil) that's being extremely dumb. If there was an Ebola outbreak in the US today, we'd be up shit creek.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Actually Kira; right now they have a reservation system and are only allowing so many people in the park, at least with the GA one. And that's enforced. (they're using the reservation thing to limit how many in the park, and since it's a computer..well.)

I just REFUSE to go on any of the really extreme roller coasters or the indoor rides; I think those are way too risky. and don't get me started on the water park; you cannot socially distance in the pool. Nope, and I did look forward this year to be able to swim. Next year I hope?

But I do agree that we're up shit creek right now due to the people I've been calling "Veruca Salts", if you watched even the first Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie, you'd know what I mean. "Don't care how, I WANT IT NOW!"..you know what I mean. And I'd say our pres right now is not only a moron, but he's a Veruca Salt too..

Last edited:

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I see I see. Yeah my mom had a chat with a lady today who was at the park and said people were passing out because they were wearing masks and it was hot. It is pretty hot today I guess.

I only go to Six Flags for the extreme rides so I think even trying would be a bust for me. And most of the roller coasters start in those building places too. Omg, I hope there isn't a crowd on the Batman ride cause that place is already a death trap.

Back