• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Myyyyyy Corona

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Considering the entire world is slowly but steadily going into lockdown mode, I thought maybe we could have some discussion about this. I personally work for an ambulance service at a desk function. Technically risky since those drivers come to the office as well and it's 1 open space, but overall the risk is low (as long as they tell us what's wrong with the people we transport. Which they sadly don't always do...)

Aside from the clusterfuck that is China, in my opinion there is no government that acted quickly enough. There was enough evidence that this thing can spread rather quick and (not to diss on China again, but that's where it started) travel to and from China is big business, both in tourism and commercially.

But I also feel that, all in all, the dangers of this virus are somewhat misreported. Do not get me wrong. You can die and it's terrible how many people are getting sick, but this virus is not the end-all doomsday scenario people like to make it out to be. It can go bad, but it is mostly limited to people already at risk like the elderly and people with faulty immune systems. Nor is it necessary for anyone, and I do mean ANYONE to hoard foods and supplies. The only shortages are things like medical masks that are in some places in the world now sorely needed in the health sector. Which there wouldn't be shortages of if people didn't start hoarding them like the silly but terrible little lemmings they are.
(And if you are one of those people who think it's ok to buy up medical supplies and then try to sell them at hugely inflated prices, I'd suggest to take a good long look at your reflection in some water, put your head in it and try to keep it there far longer than necessary. There isn't much brain to damage anyway)

Anyhoo, I made this thread so people can share about this. Bad stories, heartwarming stories and everything inbetween. State your worries, help remove misinformation and fake news, do all of that. This world is not ending just yet.

As a start: since our drivers do not have enough masks and the orders are still underway, we posted a request for donations on Facebook. It didn't take long for people to respond and give us enough to keep going for a couple of days.

Soldier

Awards
I like threads like this, was honestly planning on starting one up, but oit seems like you beat me to the punch Dentim.
As someone who is currently unemployed and focusing on college ATM, i don't really have much reason to leave my house since my unversity (and most universities across the east coast are closed indefinitely. This doesn't impact me as much as others, because as a gamer I pretty much quarantine myself away anyways. Can't say i've had much contact with the virus except from what I hear on television. i'll have to go out for a wake this week and an eye doctor appointment, hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Eonstar890

Awards
Yeah for me I’m a graduating senior so now I’m essentially having my college life end so abruptly which really sucks. I may never see so many people and friends I’ve made ever again, especially because they canceled our graduation ceremony.

On the other hand I went to Disney World to start off my spring break and was lucky that the days I went were right before the parks closure. It was so weird being there at that time. Seeing all the DCP kids say goodbye before they go home and how the parks definitely felt emptied than usual.

super happy I still got to go and it was a really great trip but now everything is closed and there’s nothing to do and no where to go. They’re even locking up the damn beaches. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A TAN THIS BREAK. D:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I work full-time as a civil servant and part time as a grunt at a retailer I'm sure many of you know. I'm slightly frustrated at my institution's slow pace to organize ways to send non-essential staff home for telework to flatten the curve, but also understand how critical our duty is to millions of people so we cannot act in haste. Beyond that minor issue, I'm not bothered by being at work. I don't interact with the public directly so I'm not at any more or less danger than anybody else. I worry about those who do more dangerous work.

90% of my anger and rage is focused at my retail job who think they are "essential" and thus get to stay open and expose their staff and customers to potential harm due to their corporate greed. Yesterday was enough to cause me to have a minor breakdown because of just how mindless some people are, bringing their dirty products in to sell without cleaning them beforehand and thinking it is fine to travel around with the whole family like it is a chill vacation...as though it isn't absolutely disgusting on a normal day...

Okay, I'm done venting.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
I like threads like this, was honestly planning on starting one up, but oit seems like you beat me to the punch Dentim.
As someone who is currently unemployed and focusing on college ATM, i don't really have much reason to leave my house since my unversity (and most universities across the east coast are closed indefinitely. This doesn't impact me as much as others, because as a gamer I pretty much quarantine myself away anyways. Can't say i've had much contact with the virus except from what I hear on television. i'll have to go out for a wake this week and an eye doctor appointment, hopefully nothing goes wrong.

Yeah I'm not gonna lie, I was suprised there wasn't already a thread about this. Pretty sure this is the most globally affecting event in my entire time on this site. :p

<3 that gamer life. Best thing to be right now.

Yeah for me I’m a graduating senior so now I’m essentially having my college life end so abruptly which really sucks. I may never see so many people and friends I’ve made ever again, especially because they canceled our graduation ceremony.

On the other hand I went to Disney World to start off my spring break and was lucky that the days I went were right before the parks closure. It was so weird being there at that time. Seeing all the DCP kids say goodbye before they go home and how the parks definitely felt emptied than usual.

super happy I still got to go and it was a really great trip but now everything is closed and there’s nothing to do and no where to go. They’re even locking up the damn beaches. I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET A TAN THIS BREAK. D:

That really does suck. Maybe you and the ones closest can keep in touch and arrange to meet one last time once things calm down? I'm guessing a lot of them live far away, but it's an option to keep in mind.

Look on the bright side: at least you were able to go to Disney World. :) A lot of people (yes, me included) have had to cancel their vacations.

I work full-time as a civil servant and part time as a grunt at a retailer I'm sure many of you know. I'm slightly frustrated at my institution's slow pace to organize ways to send non-essential staff home for telework to flatten the curve, but also understand how critical our duty is to millions of people so we cannot act in haste. Beyond that minor issue, I'm not bothered by being at work. I don't interact with the public directly so I'm not at any more or less danger than anybody else. I worry about those who do more dangerous work.

90% of my anger and rage is focused at my retail job who think they are "essential" and thus get to stay open and expose their staff and customers to potential harm due to their corporate greed. Yesterday was enough to cause me to have a minor breakdown because of just how mindless some people are, bringing their dirty products in to sell without cleaning them beforehand and thinking it is fine to travel around with the whole family like it is a chill vacation...as though it isn't absolutely disgusting on a normal day...

Okay, I'm done venting.

Those people are the worst :rolleyes: I haven't seen much people on the streets thankfully after our government announced stricter rules, but according to my friends they still see a lot of people walking around for no good reason. Mostly families or the elderly.

Venting is good. :p Lotta people are going to need that in the coming time. I can tell you (judging by my neighbours) that not everyone is going to have an easy time spending most of their time essentially on house arrest.

Personally my work doesn't really allow home work (well, it could be done I guess, but it would slow everything down in a health care sector that doesn't really do well under "slowing down") so can't tell you how happy I'll be Friday afternoon when my weekend starts.

And while this likely is overly optimistic, I hope that this is enough of a wake up call that governments need to stop cutting back on health services any time they feel like.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Me, it's been weird. My sister is very paranoid about things, and I've been just trying to get a sense of normalcy. School's basically out for two weeks; longer if needed, so I've been seeing my nieces and nephew more often.

We've been using grocery delivery for the first time, and I've been planning on riding the buses more that they added in my town last year. (Thank heaven they are lightly used.) I also managed to score a small bottle of hand sanitizer to use when riding said buses since I am trying to avoid bringing any crud home; I do need to donate plasma for spending money after all.

We'll survive though. We will survive. Oh and I did preorder the FF7 remake but I doubt it'll be here on time; thank heaven I have quite a few games to play. ^_^

Last edited:

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I was suppose to graduate from High School this year, Class of 2020 whoo. But there's been much discussion around about what schools are doing about this. My major worries have been not having graduation, which many of us have been looking forward to all school year. We were so close, only 2 months left and that would be it. There hasn't been word from my school about the plans for seniors at all, so we're all just impatiently waiting. Most likely our prom is cancelled (I was going to go this year) and so are our trips (also was going to go to).
During this time I've only left to go somewhere public once, the rest of the time I've been at home. Sometimes I thought I was showing symptoms but turns out I'm fine, but I'm going to remain cautious. Cautious especially because I have asthma.
Salty about most likely not getting my birthday gift (FF7 Remake) around the time people who pre-ordered digitally do, but I'll get over it.
So to everyone out there on this planet, stay safe, clean and strong.

At least you're nice enough to not name this said retail job. I know damn well which retail that is and it's not fun.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I feel for everyone. The world is basically locking down. I'm really thankful and lucky to be able to work from home, especially considering I'm in basically one of the hottest spots for the virus spread right now. It is for the best, I just wish that some people would actually understand that it's not some damn vacation. Like I'm doing my part staying home, not only for myself, but because I could potentially spread it to someone older or susceptible to the illness. I've seen people on my street and posts online about people having "quarantine parties" and just being plain dumb (like walking right up behind me in line at the grocery or on the escalator). I even see some people still coughing/sneezing without covering their mouths, it's just too much. When I see that I just think - that's why this will continue to spread. We all have to do our part. I don't want to be locked up in my apartment every day, but I know that's a sacrifice I have to make to help this situation.

I try to only have to leave once a week to stock up on groceries for the week. I make that trip as fast as possible to limit exposure and keep my distance from people (even when they get close to me, I don't care about their nasty looks at me I'm doing THEM a favour by staying away from them). It's weird, you'd think that being able to stay home for weeks would be a dream come true to an introvert, but... I think I'm losing my mind. I have tons of stuff to do, but it's just the knowledge that you can't/shouldn't go outside is unsettling and always in the back of my mind. Especially considering there is no end date to this situation.

I know I was slightly annoying to people on here in threads (like the fight over Riku's station of awakening), but I'm just trying to keep my mind focused on anything else.

I hope others are doing better and staying safe/healthy.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Me, it's been weird. My sister is very paranoid about things, and I've been just trying to get a sense of normalcy. School's basically out for two weeks; longer if needed, so I've been seeing my nieces and nephew more often.

We've been using grocery delivery for the first time, and I've been planning on riding the buses more that they added in my town last year. (Thank heaven they are lightly used.) I also managed to score a small bottle of hand sanitizer to use when riding said buses since I am trying to avoid bringing any crud home; I do need to donate plasma for spending money after all.

We'll survive though. We will survive. Oh and I did preorder the FF7 remake but I doubt it'll be here on time; thank heaven I have quite a few games to play. ^_^
I'm guessing she's constantly afraid of getting the disease?

I was suppose to graduate from High School this year, Class of 2020 whoo. But there's been much discussion around about what schools are doing about this. My major worries have been not having graduation, which many of us have been looking forward to all school year. We were so close, only 2 months left and that would be it. There hasn't been word from my school about the plans for seniors at all, so we're all just impatiently waiting. Most likely our prom is cancelled (I was going to go this year) and so are our trips (also was going to go to).
During this time I've only left to go somewhere public once, the rest of the time I've been at home. Sometimes I thought I was showing symptoms but turns out I'm fine, but I'm going to remain cautious. Cautious especially because I have asthma.
Salty about most likely not getting my birthday gift (FF7 Remake) around the time people who pre-ordered digitally do, but I'll get over it.
So to everyone out there on this planet, stay safe, clean and strong.

At least you're nice enough to not name this said retail job. I know damn well which retail that is and it's not fun.

Best to be cautious and not take any unnecessary risks. Sucks about your graduation and prom. Problem is, we don't know when this will end, which is probably why there hasn't been any word at all. It's impossible to make real plans in the world's current state. Hopefully people wise up, the faster they listen, the less Covid-19 can spread. (and here's hoping for a good summer, seeing as it can't take higher temperatures well.

I feel for everyone. The world is basically locking down. I'm really thankful and lucky to be able to work from home, especially considering I'm in basically one of the hottest spots for the virus spread right now. It is for the best, I just wish that some people would actually understand that it's not some damn vacation. Like I'm doing my part staying home, not only for myself, but because I could potentially spread it to someone older or susceptible to the illness. I've seen people on my street and posts online about people having "quarantine parties" and just being plain dumb (like walking right up behind me in line at the grocery or on the escalator). I even see some people still coughing/sneezing without covering their mouths, it's just too much. When I see that I just think - that's why this will continue to spread. We all have to do our part. I don't want to be locked up in my apartment every day, but I know that's a sacrifice I have to make to help this situation.

Last week when on my bicycle I almost had a run in with someone who had covered her mouth, but decided to uncover it when I talked to her and got in my face. :rolleyes: Trying to make excuses for why she violated about 3 or 4 (depending on how you count) traffic rules. One excuse of which included trying to claim Covid-19 as a reason... somehow.

I try to only have to leave once a week to stock up on groceries for the week. I make that trip as fast as possible to limit exposure and keep my distance from people (even when they get close to me, I don't care about their nasty looks at me I'm doing THEM a favour by staying away from them). It's weird, you'd think that being able to stay home for weeks would be a dream come true to an introvert, but... I think I'm losing my mind. I have tons of stuff to do, but it's just the knowledge that you can't/shouldn't go outside is unsettling and always in the back of my mind. Especially considering there is no end date to this situation.

I know I was slightly annoying to people on here in threads (like the fight over Riku's station of awakening), but I'm just trying to keep my mind focused on anything else.

I hope others are doing better and staying safe/healthy.

It's truly mind-boggling how many people still insist on going outside for no real reason or to do something that's not immediately necessary. Me and my girlfriend try to limit our visits to the store as much as possible (it's in our street and a walk of less than 2 minutes, so before this we didn't really buy much in advance, as we could be back in less than 10 minutes if we needed something). We're now going for once a week and it seems to be going well, as long as we don't forget something (or everything is available.

I had to go on a news blackout this weekend. I was getting stressed out last week because it was nearly constantly having direct effects on our work and I just didn't want to hear about it for a day or 2 😅 (and spent my weekend quarantine replaying Spyro Reignited and with my GF)

Soldier

Awards
Gotta love that reignited trilogy, certainly beats using PS1 discs that don't work anymore. I suppose i've got another update on my side of this event. Last week during the wake that I attended, the priest coughed over the casket and right in front of my grandmother WITHOUT covering his mouth. She isn't sick (thank god) but what are the chances of that, talk about father of the cough.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Dentim; Yes she's afraid of getting it..from me. So I've been trying to be careful; it IS in our county, and I don't want to be sick myself. This stuff is nasty, don't ever let anything convince you of it's not.

I'm glad tho that that local pharmacy is making hand sanitizer or I wouldn't have any.

Anyway going to catch up on the backlog and everything else.

D

Deleted member 252753

I am finding it all a bit tricky to cope with. I am not so worried about me or my partner getting ill. I am teleworking and social distancing is being pretty well enforced here. I go out to walk my dog every day but am able to give other people a wide birth, though occasionally somebody else's unleashed dog will run over to mine and the owner will have to come right up to us to retrieve theirs.

Here they are limiting how many people can be in a shop at once, which is very sensible but it makes me feel a bit panicky when I do have to go and buy things that I have to queue 2 metres apart from other people to go in and then be careful to not go too near anyone inside.

What's really difficult is being in a different country to my family. One of my sisters lives with my Dad in England and she still has to go work in her school for children of 'front-line' workers so she is at pretty high risk of infection, and my Dad has a heart condition so of he gets the virus it could be fatal. And if they do get I'll then I won't even be able to travel to see them. I wish we could all be together at the moment but I don't know when we can be again.

Sorry that's quite depressing and things will probably be okay for my family. I really hope everyone else and their loved ones are doing okay

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I have family I'm concerned about right now. Like Dast I have loved ones that don't live with me and would like for them to be at home where I am. I've been in my house for about a week, someone else is doing grocery runs for us. It's depressing though everytime I hear things close because I can imagine all the people who need to work and can't do it right now. I hear this could really hit the retail stores like Gamestop hard. It's near painful to watch the news for me. I hope we'll all be okay after this. Stay safe my KH brothers and sisters.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well, my work finally got Telework set up so myself and my coworker are at home for the rest of the week, then we rotate with our coworkers next week.

We have the option of coming to work if we need to print anything or if we find that we run out of work to complete. It’s a 5 min drive for me, so it isn’t difficult to get there.

I feel a lot less stressed to say the least. I have to stay productive for 8 hours, though, and I’m not sure how to do that when I’m so efficient at what I do.

Veevee

Awards
Since I'm currently writing and correcting my Master thesis, Corona mostly doesn't make much difference to me since I'm staying home nonstop all the time anyway ... I miss going to the gym, though.
What probably bothers me most are people who annoy me with their petty little things in times like this. My eyesight has gotten worse in the last few months, so I'd have to go to doctor's appointments every months which I cannot do anymore. One of my best friends had the nerve to call me when I was desperately visiting the fourth supermarket to get some toilet paper (since I actually needed some) and to annoy me for 20 minutes to talk about whether she should get a Nintendo Switch now or later because she desperately needed it to play Animal Crossing, but what if the lockdown happens bevor she gets one? Terrible.

Another friend of mine complained about not being able to see people on her birthday (yeah, that sucks) and that she couldn't order all her wanted KH figurines (for more than 200€) because one was out of sale and now, how terribly, she had to pay 10 bucks extra to get it elsewhere. And I just felt like ... I don't care? I've been confined to my home even before Corona happened, I had trouble finding basic sanitary necessities in the small town I live in and that most of your worries in a time of crisis revolve around playing Switch or buying figurines just seems so incredibly vain to me. Worst about this, those two are people who regularly complain about life not going their way - yeah, I wonder why.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The only thing I miss is the gym. I've never been a social animal, so I haven't been very affected to be on lockdown. And I second the notion that this isn't a doomsday virus. It's just a flu-like virus that doesn't have an effective treatment, cure or vaccine, spreads fast as hell and has people on quarantine because the goal is the flatten the curve.

The problem is, though, a second wave could come. Maybe a third wave. And if this ends up being another influenza/mycoplasma type of viral infection in terms of being seasonal, are we gonna be on lockdowns every set of time until a treatmente, cure and vaccine get manufactured?

OneDandelion

Awards
I am going to college full time and all this virus has done was made the rest of my semester a breeze. I get all take home exams now for Calc III, Physics 2 and Diff Eq, 24 hours to do them and turn them in. It's a free A for all my classes now. And I guess the governments about to give me a check as well.

I get that this virus is a threat to people with immune deficiencies, but that has always been the case even with the regular flu. Hate to say this but I think this is a conspiracy to make people more dependent on government. It just seems ridiculous to me that the world is reacting how it is when this virus seems to only kill marginally more people than the normal flu and it doesn't look like we can stop it either. We can't just shut everything down every time a bad virus is going around, people need to be productive for their living as well as their sanity. If this thing had like 10% fatality rate or higher it would be more understandable, but I don't think 2% is worth trying to stop the world.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Best to be cautious and not take any unnecessary risks. Sucks about your graduation and prom. Problem is, we don't know when this will end, which is probably why there hasn't been any word at all. It's impossible to make real plans in the world's current state. Hopefully people wise up, the faster they listen, the less Covid-19 can spread. (and here's hoping for a good summer, seeing as it can't take higher temperatures well.
Yep I've been home since the 13th, been isolating myself in my room. I did hear that the governor in my state is trying to get all seniors in this state to graduate despite the loss of hours, I'm glad we're being thought of. Don't know how that will go so all I can do is wait.
I forgot to mention that I have 2 cavities, and they were suppose to be filled next month. I hope I can still get them filled. I've been making sure to keep my cavities clean, but I really hope to get them filled before my cavities get any worse.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I am going to college full time and all this virus has done was made the rest of my semester a breeze. I get all take home exams now for Calc III, Physics 2 and Diff Eq, 24 hours to do them and turn them in. It's a free A for all my classes now. And I guess the governments about to give me a check as well.

I get that this virus is a threat to people with immune deficiencies, but that has always been the case even with the regular flu. Hate to say this but I think this is a conspiracy to make people more dependent on government. It just seems ridiculous to me that the world is reacting how it is when this virus seems to only kill marginally more people than the normal flu and it doesn't look like we can stop it either. We can't just shut everything down every time a bad virus is going around, people need to be productive for their living as well as their sanity. If this thing had like 10% fatality rate or higher it would be more understandable, but I don't think 2% is worth trying to stop the world.
At this point the death rate is actually higher than the flu, so we definitely should take it seriously. At the current confirmed number, (roughly) for every 5 people that recover from it 1 dies.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The only thing I miss is the gym. I've never been a social animal, so I haven't been very affected to be on lockdown. And I second the notion that this isn't a doomsday virus. It's just a flu-like virus that doesn't have an effective treatment, cure or vaccine, spreads fast as hell and has people on quarantine because the goal is the flatten the curve.

The problem is, though, a second wave could come. Maybe a third wave. And if this ends up being another influenza/mycoplasma type of viral infection in terms of being seasonal, are we gonna be on lockdowns every set of time until a treatmente, cure and vaccine get manufactured?
I think the second wave may not be as bad because so many people have already gained immunity via the first wave of infections (if you can even get immunity to this).

Back