• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mythril (shards/stones) + Mystery Goo farming - Pre-Hollow Bastion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
I'm hunting for Mythrils right now to make several AP-Ups. I've got 16-20 in my mind. I've already farmed 40 Blaze, Thunder and Frost Gems since those were pretty easy with Thundara and Bambi. However... Mythrils are a different story and I've read a lot about them being a pain the in the everything to get. Same for Mystery Goos if you're still pre-Bastion.

Now, I'm still before Hollow Bastion so nothing is on steroids, but I can't do the Bambi trick on TEOTW either. Right now I'm just farming the Pot Scorpion first to get both the Stones and several Shards, but it's still tedious slow.

To be precise, I still need 75 Mythrils. Which is (deducting the ones I have already atm):
370 Mythril Shards
65 Mythril Stones
62 Mystery Goos

Which means I need to go at least 4 times back and forth to forge stuff due to the 99 cap.

So is there a better and faster way to farm for Mythrils and Goos or am I just forced to break pots over and over?
(and yes, I've got 3 times Lucky Strike already)

Xelon99

Awards
Just throwing this out here... The best way to get them is indeed in Agrabah.
Just equip Enounter Plus, Guard and Ripple Dive. Switch from the Bazaar to the Palace Gates constantly. This way you'll encounter the Pot Spiders, Pot Scorpion and Black Truffles.
The Pot Scorpion is obvious... break all pots first before killing it..
The Bazaar area is strategic though. If you get regular pot spiders, summon Bambi and just use Thundara on everything. Though even with all 3 Lucky Strikes you'll get only 1, maybe 2 Mythril Shards per time. Plus a Blaze Gem usually too which might be convenient.
If you get the 4 Black Truffles, summon Bambi also. By the time he's summoned, one of the Truffles has fallen down on your platform. Immediately cast Stop(ra/ga) on it and give it a combo*. After this one is dead, the other will drop down on you for the same process. Immediately drop down right after and you'll find the last two Truffles in a corner "trying" to get to you. Simply cast Stop(ra/ga) again and give them both a combo. Ripple Dive helps a lot here since this finisher has a wide enough range for both.

* You do have to know after how many hits it dies. For example, right now a Truffle dies for me after exactly 2 straight combos. I've got 1 Combo Plus active, so after twice hitting it with 3 regular hits and a Ripple Dive (8MP power) it dies. And when it dies there's a 20% base chance (50% with all 3 Strikes) of getting a Mystery Goo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back