• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mythil- Am I screwed?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeruOmen

Hi.
Yes, I am aware of the Bambi farming trick, and have found lists of Mythril locations. Here's my issue:

1) Early game, I synthesized a few extra AP ups, using up Mythrils that looked, at the time, as if I had plenty.
2) I already completed the area in which you can use Bambi to farm Mythril.
3) Mythril has NOT appeared in the Synthesis list yet. I need one more mythril to complete my current list before Mythril becomes available to synthesize.
4) I have found every Mythril in chests/ minigames

I know in the non-Final Mix version, Angel Stars had a 1% chance of dropping Mythril, but I see no mention of it in Final Mix, and have been re-fighting the room with two Angel Stars in it for a week, hours at a time (with all Lucky Strikes equipped) without getting a Mythril.

So, am I actually screwed? Is there NOT a way to complete the Synthesis list now, or does anyone know, for SURE, that Angel Stars will eventually drop a Mythril?

Last edited:

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Angel Stars no longer drop Mythrils. However, Pot Scorpion that appear in the Palace Gates of Agrabah does, and there's quite a decent chance of it dropping Mythril along Mythril Shard and Stone.

To maximise your chances, smash all other 11 pots before hitting the one in which the Scorpion hides. You'll know which one it is, because you won't be able to push around the pot with the Scorpion, so save this one for last. Upon smashing the 11th pot, and also after defeating the Scorpion, you may or may not get the Mythril materials, but slightly more often than not, you will.

SeruOmen

Are you sure...? >.o I've been at it for an hour now and all I'm getting are Stones and Shards, but no Mythril.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Hmm, in that case, I must have been mistaken. Sorry about that, it's been a while since I last played.

How about trying to synthesise other items first so that Mythril is unlocked? If I'm not mistaken, what you need to synth Mythril are the Shards, the Stones, and a few Mystery Goos. It should be easy now that you've gotten yourself some of the ingredients.

SeruOmen

The ONLY item I have left to synthesize on the list requires one more Mythril than what I have, and the next list won't appear until we synthesize that item. There is literally no way to progress in the Synthesis menu until I get another Mythril.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Could you take a look at this list and see if there's any of them that you've missed? I know you said you've obtained every Mythril in the game, but it doesn't hurt to double-check.

------Mythril: 23------

Complete the Bouncing Spot Torn Page
complete the Pegasus Cup alone
rescue 51 puppies
deliver the fifth Postcard
attack a clam at the Undersea Valley
attack a clam at the Below Deck
cast Fire at the campfire at the Pooh's House
break open log at the Bouncing Spot
examine a red crystal at the Lift Stop
Green Trinity Mark at the Coliseum Gates
chest at the Green Room
chest at the Tea Party Garden
chest at the Tree House
chest at the Jungle: Vines
chest at the Waterfall Cavern
chest at the Agrabah: Main Street
chest at the Relic Chamber
chest at the Chamber 5
chest at the Chamber 6
chest at the Ursula's Lair
chest at the Clock Tower available at 6:00
chest at the Base Level
chest at the Library.

I got this from the Item Synthesis thread that's been here for quite some time. The list, in turn, was taken from KH wikia.

SeruOmen

I triple-checked that list before I bothered to make an account here and post. x_X

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well, isn't that strange... I've never had such a shortage of materials before. I'm really sorry, but this is as much help as I can give.

I think you might have synthesised a wee bit too many AP Ups. In my playthrough, I only synthed all unique items just once except those that needed multiple synths like Mythril itself and Dark Matter, so probably that's why I didn't come across this problem...

SeruOmen

Yeah, in regular Kindgom Hearts I didn't have a problem with synthesizing too many because enemies could still drop it. I can't believe the programmers would be so short-sighted to make it possible to synthesize yourself into a dead end. This wasn't a possibility in the original.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I believe the behemoth drops mithril.

I don't mean to kill the buzz, but Behemoth only drops Mythril Shards. As it turns out, nothing in the game drops Mythril... which is possibly why it got promoted to a synthable item.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
The Bambi trick is surprisingly efficient though so I would recommend that you use it over the Pot Scorpion method, which is more for getting Mythril Stones than shards.

Just use Bambi in the Wonderland area in the World Terminus. He'll keep replenishing your MP and as long as you have Encounter Plus on you should be able to go in and out over and over again. I got like a a shard a minute.

1ofamillion

Awards
The Bambi trick is surprisingly efficient though so I would recommend that you use it over the Pot Scorpion method, which is more for getting Mythril Stones than shards.

Just use Bambi in the Wonderland area in the World Terminus. He'll keep replenishing your MP and as long as you have Encounter Plus on you should be able to go in and out over and over again. I got like a a shard a minute.

The problem he/she is having is obtaining plain Mythril.

Like you said, it looks like there is a 1% chance that an Angel Star will drop Mythril (and also I'm not sure if that includes the Final Mix version as you stated). I can't seem to find any other information about it. I hope you can get one without having to restart, but I'm fairly positive you can't at this point :\

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
The problem he/she is having is obtaining plain Mythril.

Like you said, it looks like there is a 1% chance that an Angel Star will drop Mythril (and also I'm not sure if that includes the Final Mix version as you stated). I can't seem to find any other information about it. I hope you can get one without having to restart, but I'm fairly positive you can't at this point :\

In order for Bambi to drop Mythril, you need to fill the gauge three times. As far as I know, even in World Terminus, you can only fill the gauge twice at best.

And nope, Angel Stars no longer drops Mythril. I know because I've spent a lot of time killing enemies in Linked Worlds... and not a single one of them gave me that blasted metal. Other guides have confirmed that Mythril is no longer a dropped item, too.

1ofamillion

Awards
In order for Bambi to drop Mythril, you need to fill the gauge three times. As far as I know, even in World Terminus, you can only fill the gauge twice at best.

And nope, Angel Stars no longer drops Mythril. I know because I've spent a lot of time killing enemies in Linked Worlds... and not a single one of them gave me that blasted metal. Other guides have confirmed that Mythril is no longer a dropped item, too.

Ah I see. I knew about the world terminus, but I decided not to include that bit since it was unobtainable. Do you think the developers just overlooked the fact that you can't get 3 bars full, or was it intentional?

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Yeah, enemies no longer drop Mythrils or Orichalcums. You have to manually grind the materials for them.

Mythrils require Mythril Shard x5 and Mythril Stone x 2 if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back