• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mysterious Tower

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenTer

Awards
How is Mysterious tower a sleeping world but they are all in the realm in between right? :confused:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
You actually gave the answer for your question yourself.

The Mysterious Tower is an in-between world.
Worlds of the in-between realm have special properties and can exist in the waking and the sleeping world at the same time.

VenTer

Awards
You actually gave the answer for your question yourself.

The Mysterious Tower is an in-between world.
Worlds of the in-between realm have special properties and can exist in the waking and the sleeping world at the same time.
Oh I see. So Yensid'd tower is an in between world and there is also has to be a twilight town too right? Twilight town can also be a sleeping world too right?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Oh I see. So Yensid'd tower is an in between world and there is also has to be a twilight town too right? Twilight town can also be a sleeping world too right?

Yen Sid's tower isn't always attached to Twilight Town.
It was only like that in KH 2.
Each in-between world has also some unique special properties. Land of Departure for example can be transformed into Castle Oblivion while Yen Sid's Tower has the special property to move around, it doesn't need to be attached to a single world.

As for Twilight Town itself, it should be able to exist at the same time in the waking and the sleeping world too since it's also an in-between world.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
But they never put it in KH3D.....

I assume Twilight Town? Probably because even though it can exist in the RoS it doesn't mean its a sleeping world and needed awakening. At least its my best guess.

Hobbe

I don't really understand why Traverse Town and the Mysterious Tower had sleeping key holes that needed to be unlocked. They both exist in the Realm of Light already, so why would their Sleep counterparts need saving? The goal of unlocking a keyhole of sleep is to return the world to the Realm of Light, right? So why do these inter-realm worlds need liberating?

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I don't really understand why Traverse Town and the Mysterious Tower had sleeping key holes that needed to be unlocked. They both exist in the Realm of Light already, so why would their Sleep counterparts need saving? The goal of unlocking a keyhole of sleep is to return the world to the Realm of Light, right? So why do these inter-realm worlds need liberating?

Traverse Town did not exist anymore after the end of KH 1 because it was made out of the fragments of destroyed worlds which were restored at the end of KH 1, literally tearing the Traverse known from KH 1 apart.
Since all worlds have a heart as well though, Traverse's heart fell into sleep and sunk into the sleeping realm.
The Traverse Town we saw in CoM was a memory based replica, the one in Coded a data-replica made of the entries in Jiminy's journal about KH 1.
In KH 2, BBS and Days there is no Traverse Town.
The Traverse in DDD was created by/for the TWEWY characters because they needed shelter (that's the unique special property of Traverse Town, it always appears anew when someone needs shelter) and since only their dreams remained (as explained by Joshua) and Traverse's heart was there anyways, the new Traverse was created in the Realm of Sleep.

The Keyhole in the Mysterious Tower wasn't for the Tower itself but for the world attached to it in the past: Symphony of Sorcery.
Symphony of Sorcery is the world that needed to be awakened by unlocking the keyhole.

Hobbe

Traverse Town is a mess I won't get into just yet, but Mysterious Tower still doesn't make a whole load of sense to me.

I understand that the keyhole of sleep was actually for the 'Symphany of Sorcery' world, which appears to be a world inside of music notation. That isn't too bizarre as we've seen worlds inside of computers and storybooks.

Now that we have unlocked its sleeping keyhole, should the Symphony book appear in the Mysterious Tower in the Realm of Light?

Based on Mickey being present as the Sorcerer's Apprentice in this dream, we can say that this world fell into darkness/sleep sometime before Birth by Sleep, right? Or perhaps he did the Apprentice gig in between to hone his magic.

Regardless, if we are calling the Tower a special world that can be in both realms at the same time, then why does Mickey appear in the dream if it is the musical world itself that is sleeping? Why does the Tower play that same loop of him sleeping and conducting over and over again? Surely the Tower was in the sleeping realm before the musical world fell, right?

Not too sure if I'm making sense here.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Regardless, if we are calling the Tower a special world that can be in both realms at the same time, then why does Mickey appear in the dream if it is the musical world itself that is sleeping? Why does the Tower play that same loop of him sleeping and conducting over and over again? Surely the Tower was in the sleeping realm before the musical world fell, right?

This series seems to love following Castlevania logic.

Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night said:
This castle is a creature of chaos. It can take many incarnations.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Traverse Town is a mess I won't get into just yet, but Mysterious Tower still doesn't make a whole load of sense to me.

I understand that the keyhole of sleep was actually for the 'Symphany of Sorcery' world, which appears to be a world inside of music notation. That isn't too bizarre as we've seen worlds inside of computers and storybooks.

Now that we have unlocked its sleeping keyhole, should the Symphony book appear in the Mysterious Tower in the Realm of Light?

Based on Mickey being present as the Sorcerer's Apprentice in this dream, we can say that this world fell into darkness/sleep sometime before Birth by Sleep, right? Or perhaps he did the Apprentice gig in between to hone his magic.

Symphony of Sorcery should appear at the actual place it had before it fell to darkness/sleep.
So if in the past that place was really a book at Mysterious Tower it would indeed be there, but we do not know where exactly the world was located in the past.

About Mickey do not forget about what Yen Sid said in his explanations about the sleeping worlds:
Yen Sid said:
In the Sleeping Worlds, real time does not flow. Unless one restores the world by waking it from its slumber, it will stay locked in a dream forever.
Thus, you may encounter familiar faces...but they are just figments of the dream. In actuality, they are sound asleep--trapped within a world that is also sleeping.
What's more, whilst someone may no longer dwell in the real version of a world, dreams may paint a fuller picture, and restore what seems to be missing.

Thus, it is not the tower playing that same loop over again, but the heart of the world Symphony of Sorcery dreaming that loop.
In the past, Mysterious Tower might have been a part of the world Symphony of Sorcery, and as Yen Sid describes above a world's heart dreams up even those parts that are missing.
The "Sorcerer's Apprentice" Mickey is a figment of the dream of that world, but so is the entire tower as apparently Yen Sid found some way to detach his tower from the world when it fell to Darkness, making it a missing piece of the Symphony of Sorcery world.
The actual, "real" Mysterious Tower is of course the detached one that can change positions at will (probably the unique feature of that in-between world).
Unlike The World that never was though, the tower seen in Symphony of Sorcery and the "real" tower Yen Sid talks with Lea etc. are not the same thing in this case.
The tower in the sleeping realm is just a dream figment made up by the sleeping world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back