• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mysterious Figure

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
I know this may seem like a stupid question (seeing as Nomura has answered it in some interview, forgot which one) but can we really be sure that the Mysterious Figure we fight in BBS is Young Xehanort that we fight at the end of KH3D?

I'm saying this because while Young Xehanort does use most of the moves that he used in BBS, he is missing a few. In BBS he also appears a lot more masculine and strong.

So i have 3 assumptions.

1) Mysterious Figure from BBS is Young Xehanort, albeit older. This would make a lot more sense seeing as the Young Xehanort gathered by his older self for KH3D was solely for the purpose of himself (Young Xehanort) travelling around time, grouping up all the Xehanort spread through it.
Also as a kind of time paradox to plant the root in himself to want to seek the outside world^.

This means, it could be quite possible that the Younger Xehanort that Master Xehanort uses as one of his 13 darknesses is actually an older Young Xehanort, to be more precise, a mid-aged Xehanort. Possibly around the age of Ansem SoD or Xemnas.
This also makes sense as Master Xehanort would want to grab himself at the peak of his ability; around mid-aged.
So the Xehanort he grabs would have had enough time to hone in on his abilities and learn those few more we see in BBS. Also, indeed, to grow in strength and look buff like in BBS.
This could be backed up by the fact that Riku defeated Young Xehanort in KH3D. Perhaps Master Xehanort felt that he should grab himself when he is at his peak for the future?

2) It could be any Xehanort. As in any vessel. Think about it. Each and every one of his vessels will eventually turn into himself anyway, so it could just as easily be Saixehanort as people have already predicted. Technically he still would be a Young Xehanort.

3) It is a somehow fusion-dance-esque of all 13 Xehanorts, which is backed up by the fact that the Mysterious Figure we fight in BBS knows moves from all over the spectrum (Braig, Terra, etc..)

I like point 1 personally, however this is all a kerfuffle because Nomura had to put the idea of time travel in, where really, anything could happen. The path Nomura has taken, he could probably fill out any hole we think of. Which is probably why he chose this direction for the KH series.
/end off topic

What do you think?

^ Young Xehanort states this in the game, which on a side note makes no sense seeing that Young Xehanort also stated that the future can not be altered when traveling through time, but i digress, perhaps Xehanort is lying again. He is pretty well known for that ^^;

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
The model they used for MF in BbS was Saix's model. Either because they hadn't finished YMX's model or they were trying to throw fans off. Since he was a bonus boss they probably made him abnormally strong for the sake of a challenge but game mechanics don't always reflect a character's real abilities.

billyzanesucks

^ Young Xehanort states this in the game, which on a side note makes no sense seeing that Young Xehanort also stated that the future can not be altered when traveling through time, but i digress, perhaps Xehanort is lying again. He is pretty well known for that ^^;
He's referring to time as a whole. Events, history remains unchanged. No separate timelines are formed. If something happens, there's no going back on it.

Decrith

I really think its just the same Xehanort we fought as a final boss.
I mean if you listen carefully to the music, its pretty much a different version of the one played against Mysterious Figure, and also their moves are very similar.

I'd like to say that Nomura wasn't sure how he was going to model YX so he just used one that was already there for MF.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I really think its just the same Xehanort we fought as a final boss.
I mean if you listen carefully to the music, its pretty much a different version of the one played against Mysterious Figure, and also their moves are very similar.

I'd like to say that Nomura wasn't sure how he was going to model YX so he just used one that was already there for MF.
Yeah, they just used a black-coat model they already had, since they quick threw the boss in between Japanese and NA/PAL releases. No conspiracy.

And the songs are virtually are the same. MF's battle music is Dark Impetus, and YMX's battle music is L'Impeto Oscuro, which basically means dark impetus in Italian.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I thought YX would have at least mentioned the fight with TAV.

Why should he though, it doesn't have any impact or importance on the plot happening in DDD.
Not to mention that we don't know who of the three from the BBS Trio actually fought him.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Not really a direct reference, but more of a simple reference of him meeting someone from the past.

sdr08

I thought YMX was easy on proud...of course, i had my deck packed on curagas, lol, wonder why they didn't keep the challenge from him in BBS, and put it in DDD

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Not really a direct reference, but more of a simple reference of him meeting someone from the past.

Don't forget we're talking about Trollanort here, he would only say and do things which would help to confuse Sora and Riku more. Not to mention he probably does not even regards the fight against the BBS-trio as that important.
After all, when Mickey was upset about it, Master Xehanort just casually swiped aside the fact that he ruined TAVs lives and condemned them to a decade of suffering, he simply doesn't care.

I thought YMX was easy on proud...of course, i had my deck packed on curagas, lol, wonder why they didn't keep the challenge from him in BBS, and put it in DDD

Because this time around Trollanort isn't an optional superboss but a regular story boss, meaning also noobs and casual gamers will have to face him.
If he would be as powerful as he was in BBS many would stop to play the game in frustration. Xemnas was also a bigger challenge in KH 1 Final Mix than he was in KH 2.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Was the fight in BBS even confirmed as canon? I know Nomura confirmed the Mysterious Figure to be canon, but I don't remember him specifying that the fight was.

EternalDreamer

I think the reason the MF was seemingly more powerful in BBS than YMX in 3D is this:

1) Riku is very resistant to the darkness, while TAV were not. YMX/MF uses darkness-based attacks. (His weapons aren't ethereal blades)
2) He could not wield the keyblade yet at that age. The only reason he can use it in the fight against Riku is due to MX's presence. It's very likely he simply wasn't completely used to the weapon yet.
3) When he eventually switches back to his dark blades, the clones easily do more damage with the attacks he used against TAV in BBS than YMX did with his keyblade. The only reason they're still not as powerful as then, is because YMX is forced to pour most of his power into keeping that clock running, resulting in weaker clones.

Real life reason?
Optional Bosses are made to be hard for the challenge. Final Bosses are not, since they should be fairly possible to beat so players don't rage-quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back