• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Myspace Cease & Desist Letters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
http://digg.com/links/All_MySpace_Domain_Sites_to_shut_down

Seems that all domains with "MySpace" in it will soon be receiving the MySpace Cease & Desist letter. You will be liable for the damages suffered by MySpace, and will be subject to penalties, fines and even criminal imprisonment.Wow... Isn't that it abit too much.

Wow... I think it IS a bit too much. Then again, I suppose all those emo kids need something else to cry about, like...

www.myspaceisgay.com

...=\ Good Lord, though... the title 'MySpace' is copyrighted. What other words in the English Dictionary will be next? Do YOU know?!?!

I have no problem with them copyrighting and protecting their name, but even just having it in your domain being subject to penalties and fines? =|

Discuss...

Last edited:

The Ultima Crest

At your house having sex with your mother....XD
I have a myspace and personally I think it's those kids faults for giving out to much information to people they don't even know. I only have friends with people at school and people I hang out with and some of my friends' friends that I'd like to meet. But I think it all falls on the parents. My mom knows I have one all she said was "Don't talk to anyone you don't know and don't make MYSPACE a habit."

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
MySpace is trade marking the title because it wants to protect itself from the damaging image perpetuated by hundreds of others sites attempting to build their own reputation by using like sounding names. It's just a way for MySpace to protect its integrity, public image, and of course their business interests. Business interests which are expanding every day. I think the trade mark is a very intelligent thing to do.

Awards
To Morph:
Perhaps, but if a site possibly just had the words "my" and "space" next to each other with absolutely nothing to do with myspace, and not in the attempt to gain popularity, then what? Riddle me that, big, black bat.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
^Trademarking.

To be honest I don't really know. A trademark is kinda smart seeing how popular it's getting to be. Google is probably a copyrighted name. As is Yahoo. But you didn't hear many people using "google" before the site was made unless they were a baby. And yahoo.."Yahoo!! I won!!" Wow. No one says that anymore. Those are original names.

See, myspace is just..eh. "This is my space, and you're in it." "Get out of my space." "That's my space for parking." "Dogs mark their space all the time." So on and so forth. The two words are so general that to copyright them could kill sayings.

And what if a site/domain has been around since before MySpace? Would they get the letter as well?

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
My keyboard has a problem... Press the space bar and it presses the 'v' key... How weird is that?

My keyboard has a problem... Press the space bar and it presses the 'v' key... How weird is that?

LAWYER'D

My keyboard doesn't have that problem though.

P

Prince_of_Light

Ultimately, it's the choice of the children who join to decide if they want their personal info displayed. MySpace has been notorious for not being able to keep kids safe, and the kids know it. Where are the parents in all of this? Why aren't they educating themselves on this stuff? They ARE the ones responsible for the kids, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back