• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► My Wonderland Story (Chapter 3)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Synopsis: My Wonderland Story centers around Alice (yes, from Wonderland) 10 years later going through life with her little sister, Marissa, and putting Wonderland behind her, convincing herself that it's just a dream after all these years.

This story is completely random and just for fun, not meant to have good writing, storytelling, and compelling storylines. But I won't make this an effortless story and I'll try to put my heart into it. It may butcher the original Alice in Wonderland story, but this is absolutely random, so being accurate might not matter too much. This was made for me to get ideas for my other story, Demon's Dance which is unrelated to this.

I thought putting it into the "Fanfiction" section might be more fitting. This chapter was written several months ago just for ideas, but it was so interesting, that I wanted to continue it. Have fun reading!

"Wake up! Wake up!" She said.

I couldn't stand hearing that sound any longer. I was fast asleep wondering if she's ever going to stop. I heard her coming up the room, and she said to me, "Marissa, are you going to be Sleeping Beauty everyday on this bed? Get up. Your brother is dropping you off today." She told me.

"No, Alice, I'm sick. I can't go today." I told her. Alice gave me a sour look, and removed my blanket from the bed.
"Hey! Give me that back!" I said.
"You'll get your stupid blanket back at the end of the day, when you are OUT of school." Alice said.

I grunted and got up, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and packed everything in my backpack. My brother was waiting outside, and my sister, Alice, gave me a kiss goodbye. I waved to her while getting into the car.

"How are ya, sport?" Dallas asked me, "You don't look so good today."
"I'm sick. I tried telling Alice but she didn't believe me." I said.
"Well, I'm convinced," He chuckled, "Want a tissue?"

He handed a box out to me. I thanked him, and took some out. As I blew my nose, I watched him as he parked on the school lot. I got up, took my backpack, and waved goodbye to him. I saw all the other kids entering the school while I did, too.

"Oh, Marissa!" The teacher said to me when I walked into the classroom.
"Yes, Miss Bell?" I asked her.
"You look awful. Why did you come to school today?" Miss Bell asked me.
"Well, I tried telling Alice, but she didn't believe me at all." I told her.
"Alice is... an interesting woman, isn't she?" Miss Bell said awkwardly.
"I'm gonna take a seat down now." I said to her.

No way I wanted this conversation to be more awkward, and no way am I going back home to deal with Alice again. Best decision now is to stay in school and remain quiet. It's a Friday anyway, so I have two days off from this crap. Miss Bell gave us an Algebra pop quiz. As if this day wasn't frustrating enough. After the quiz was over, we did a few more school subjects, then it was on to lunch. I was happy to get out of there.

Last edited:

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
My Wonderland Story (Chapter 2)

Enjoy this second chapter. I'm still warming up to the story and characters.

After several exhausting hours of school, the day was already done. When the the bell rang, everyone in class went out of the door into the hallway. It was packed with students talking about the weekend and summer. I didn't really have any friends, of course, due to my reputation. I blame my sister for that, but I just feel like it doesn't matter anymore. While walking out, I went to my locker to clean out some stuff for now, due to it being the second last day of school. The rest I can leave for tomorrow. I looked over to the girl right next to me, struggling to get her books out.

"Need some help?" I asked her.
"Thanks... uh..." The paused, looking at my face. "Um, nevermind! I can handle this myself. No thank you, Marissa."
"Okay..." I said, sighing afterwards, knowing exactly why she rejected my help.

Gee, this happens all the time. My sister was infamous for taking many, many therapists in her childhood, trying to convince everyone that "Wonderland" exists. The majority of people in this town is convinced she has nuts loose, and her father was ashamed to be related to her. Too ashamed, in fact, that she divorced my mother, moved away to get a new reputation. How great is that? Good thing my father was kind enough to see the beauty in our family. He was just not afraid of obtaining our "crazy" title. I'm proud to have a dad like that. Me? I'm not too happy with my reputation.

Walking outside, I spotted Alice and Dallas outside, waiting for me. I really didn't want to be publicly around them, but they're my family, so I have to bear with it. Two kids passed Alice, chuckling when they saw her, leaving Alice's face turning red. Dallas glared as they walked away. He was always protective of his step-sister, especially when people talk behind her back.

"How was your day at school?" Dallas asked, ignoring what just happened.
"Okay, I guess. It could have been better. But eh, who knows, highschool might be worse." I responded to him.
"You two can wait here, I'm going inside." Alice said, leaving before we could say anything.
"Why is she always doing that?" I asked.
"Uh... Grown up stuff, sport. Besides, you're pretty sick, you should get in the car." Dallas told me.

I didn't even try to delve into what just happened, I'm not the curious type. Alice is weird enough that it's not surprising she'd do something like this. Dallas probably knows, but he's great at keeping a secret, so no investigating here. The things that happen when your family is super weird.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: My Wonderland Story (Chapter 2)

Poor Marissa having to deal with Alice's reputation after being in wonderland making everybody think she's loony, including everyone else around her. I'm kind of surprised how harsh Alice was about making Marissa get up after being declared she was feeling sick. I'm curious which side of the family Dallas is from. And this has a really great start. C: I haven't ever read the book Alice and Wonderland. So you don't have to worry about accuracy or anything. Otherwise, I wonder where Alice went off to? Can't wait to read more. <3

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Re: My Wonderland Story (Chapter 2)

Poor Marissa having to deal with Alice's reputation after being in wonderland making everybody think she's loony, including everyone else around her. I'm kind of surprised how harsh Alice was about making Marissa get up after being declared she was feeling sick. I'm curious which side of the family Dallas is from. And this has a really great start. C: I haven't ever read the book Alice and Wonderland. So you don't have to worry about accuracy or anything. Otherwise, I wonder where Alice went off to? Can't wait to read more. <3
Aw, thanks, Kitkat. I'll explain Alice's rude behavior earlier in the next chapter. The new chapter will be of her point of view. It's also official that if Wonderland is near about the same chapter as Demon's Dance, I might return to Demon's Dance as well.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I was originally gonna make this chapter longer, but I had to split it in two due to stuff happening IRL. Enjoy!

"Come on, come on!" I said as I kept digging.
"You have to be here!"

I've spent all year trying to discover this rabbit hole. When I saw a familiar white bunny dressed in a red suit at the beginning of the year, it had to be related to Wonderland. But since it's almost the end of the year, I've got nearly no time left. I've wanted to put this behind me, but I believe I wasn't dreaming. Not if familiar faces are around.

"Alice? We've been waiting for twenty minutes, what is going on?" Dallas asked.
"I-I was. I was trying to find-" I said, barely finishing my sentence.
"You were... digging on school property?" Marissa asked.
"Marissa, leave us. Wait in the car." Dallas said.

As Marissa left, Dallas held my hand and looked at me, shaking his head. I knew what my step-brother meant, he didn't want me digging this rabbit hole anymore. Hmph, I guess I really am crazy.

"Alright." I said, getting up and leaving the rabbit hole alone.
"Thank you. Whatever you're looking for, I'll help you with it. I promise, sis." Dallas said.
"Just don't tell Marissa, okay?" I asked him.
"My lips are sealed."

I sighed as me and Dallas went back to the car. Marissa is just there in her usually disappointed and uminpressed mood. I don't want her to live the same way I did, but I also want her to accept who she is. I don't know, I have mixed feelings. It could effect how I always act around her. She's just so alone here, I can't have her feel that way. She needs to know how wonderful her life is.

"Heh, wonderful." I mumbled.
"What?" Dallas asked.
"Nothing. Just talking to myself." I responded.
"Like you haven't done plenty of times." Marissa commented.
"Marissa, don't. If you were in Alice's position, it would be a lot to talk about." Dallas scolded.
"At least I try to understand, right? She ignored the fact that I'm sick." Marissa said.
"Let's just drop it." Dallas said.

Marissa shrugged, not saying a single word after that. The car remained quiet until we arrived home. My step-father was outside, seeing us park. Walking towards us, he gave Marissa a big smile.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Oh boy, I'm dying with curiosity why Marissa's father is happy to see her. And Alice doesn't seem so bad, except for the fact that she's trying to get back to Wonderland to prove to herself it was real. I like how Alice does care about Marissa despite not acting accordingly to get her to warm up to her any. And Dallas, if he wasn't her step brother... Nah, I'm seeing things. Anyways, I like how Dallas tries to mend the fences between the two. Looking forward to seeing what happens next! I hope the real life stuff is going okay btw, Buffer. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back