• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My thoughts on the trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
So, Another E3 and another KH3 trailer! And from what I see across the internet, people are somehow very disappointed in it, which upsets and confuses me. From what I've seen I'm extremely happy. A lot of people seem to be somehow upset at the graphics, even though there's still about a year or two left of development. And nitpicking about Sora's new outfit and hair. I just... I literally don't have any complaints whatsoever about what we saw. And I kinda feel down when people seem to be dissing on it, simply because a lot of people seemed to have it in there heads that KH3 was going to be KH2 plus shiny HD graphics. Also, the chess game apparently confuses some, and I've even seem some thoughts that it's stupid and cliche'd. My answer to that is... I honestly don't think it's a cliche. Mostly because I haven't seen such a thing used that often.

Sorry for the rant, I just... ugh.

BEASTENDER

If the trailer made you happy, don't worry about what others think :) There are many fans who also love everything they saw.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
What were people expecting,the cast looking like cgi all the time.They never had any intention on aiming for that.

I like what i saw.I'm at the point where i don't even see the point in being negative seeing,well the game won't be out for for a least another 1-2 years.

I see parts where things needs to be improved on but it's nothing to worry about now.

Anagram

Banned
I didn't hate it either. Soras outfit and toned down hair are vast improvements on his KH2 mess of hair gel, straps and zippers.
I don't really have much else I really care about the trailer outside that. I like his new outfit, prepuberty Eraqus makes me laugh and its been ten years since Kh2 so I honestly no longer have expectations or hopes to be let down with.

I even find the trailers lack of story related scenes great because of how damn spoiling such trailers have been in the past with KH or any SE trailer.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I think the biggest problem is people aren't using critic thinking skills to deduce that what we saw in the trailer isn't finalized. There is a lot more work to be put into the game and the footage they're giving us is really just to satiate the fan's unquenchable KH3 thirst, not to showcase a final product.

duchessa

I loved the trailer and think they're definitely heading in the right direction. And KH has always used tropes/clichés, but it doesn't mean that's a bad thing. Chess seems to fit, and it gives us something to speculate about. If they took out the chess game, people would complain that there wasn't enough substance in the trailer. Sure, there's things to nitpick if you want but it's early on, and it won't do much good. But if someone hated it they can do that too. I'm just going to avoid topics like that because the negativity is no fun.

MasterZero

I'm fairly happy with the trailer. It told me things I wanted to know and see, like Keyblade transformations, while also revealing a new world and some stuff on Xehanort and Eraqus. I'm cool with it.

radiantmemories

I think it's because everyone has such high expectations for KH III. We want really badly for it to be an awesome game. Some people are dissing it, but some people are just discussing what they dislike so far and still looking forwards to it anyway. Things in the trailer are different than people expected, and that always causes disappointment. But don't let it get you down. There were plenty of people who loved what they saw.

SephirothZ

I think the biggest problem is people aren't using critic thinking skills to deduce that what we saw in the trailer isn't finalized. There is a lot more work to be put into the game and the footage they're giving us is really just to satiate the fan's unquenchable KH3 thirst, not to showcase a final product.

First off, love the avatar. That game looks absolutely amazing

On topic, I think that is pretty much what the game will look like when it is done. Nomura stated that he was willing to show us more, but could not due to the time constraints. I think this game is further along than people believe. However, back the graphics, those graphics looked great. I am not sure what people were expecting with this KH game? Realistic graphics? No, the game matches the art style of KH and the characters and scenes all look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back