• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Thoughts on Side Stories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerLilly

When any great creator wants to tell a story, and chop it up into different pieces, it only makes sense that they know how the story will end up. They should know every deep dark secret, every character, every moment that will impact the audience.

I feel like this hasn't been the case recently.

I heard the artwork of the cover of KH1 originally had nothing to do with TWTNW Kingdom Hearts. So was that just a spur of the moment design on Nomura's part? Does that mean more things aren't connected? related?

Xion?.... really? In retrospect, she had nothing to do with the story.

Things in these side stories just don't add up, or they feel excess. It really breaks my heart to imagine him fumbling for ideas.

I really enjoy playing anything made for the KH franchise, but if this series follows along these tracks, I would almost rather he just stops creating them. If all the plot ideas are cliche and jaded, I would rather cherish the memories of the fabulous games that I used to think had been planned from the beginning.

Sorry if this seemed like venting. :/

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
I know what you mean.

I think about being so attached to this storyline, and I would hate to think that it's turned into a "make it up as you go along" deal.

However...I have to agree with you. I don't know if BBS explains it (NO SPOILERS FROM BBS PLEASE :D) but I see no connection between "I know now, without a doubt...Kingdom Hearts....is LIGHT!" and the Kingdom Hearts we work towards in Days. I don't know what to think :/

KeybladeLegacy5

SENPAI!
Well, I see your case, and although days was sorta pointless...in my mind it was a little necassary, BBS explains quite a bit and leaves us hanging for a third KH and coded just adds another plot element while connecting more mysteries...I just hope nomura stops with the side stories now and goes on with the main plot

Izayoi

galactic cancer
When any great creator wants to tell a story, and chop it up into different pieces, it only makes sense that they know how the story will end up. They should know every deep dark secret, every character, every moment that will impact the audience.

I feel like this hasn't been the case recently.

I heard the artwork of the cover of KH1 originally had nothing to do with TWTNW Kingdom Hearts. So was that just a spur of the moment design on Nomura's part? Does that mean more things aren't connected? related?

KH was just a singular game at first, and the heart-shaped moon was just to look cool, and happened to get reused later on. And things could very well not be used, just look at the concept versions of the secret endings.

Xion?.... really? In retrospect, she had nothing to do with the story.

quiet

Things in these side stories just don't add up, or they feel excess. It really breaks my heart to imagine him fumbling for ideas.

I really enjoy playing anything made for the KH franchise, but if this series follows along these tracks, I would almost rather he just stops creating them. If all the plot ideas are cliche and jaded, I would rather cherish the memories of the fabulous games that I used to think had been planned from the beginning.

Hard to plan things from the beginning when you never thought you'd have more games though. And some things, like BBS which was made to focus on the past, or Days which was more fanservice-y aside from explianing stuff about Roxas, could have just been things he thought about putting in KH2 or other, more expansive maybe console side games.

It's pretty much going to end at KH3 for sure anyway, and probably one side game in the middle.
and cliches what

TigerLilly

hahaha sure. she's alright, nothing against her, it just felt forced.

And some things, like BBS which was made to focus on the past, or Days which was more fanservice-y aside from explianing stuff about Roxas, could have just been things he thought about putting in KH2 or other, more expansive maybe console side games.

I don't have much of a problem with the current side stories; I completely believe BBS was necessary, and part of days was too, and even coded, but other forums say that Nomura's next game won't be a main game. What I'm mainly upset about is future side stories. I feel enough is enough, and improvising can only take you so far.

And I agree with the post way above. I do feel rather connected to this story, and finding out that something about it has just been thought up randomly makes me feel like someone said happy birthday 4 minutes after it ended. Bad analogy facepalm but you get the idea.

Awards

No, I completely disagree. In fact, I would say the exact opposite.
A writer should never, ever plan out all of the events ahead of time.

Create characters with different personalities, begin with a certain scenario, and let the characters themselves move the story forward. Let the story be character driven as opposed to having the story drive the characters.
That's not to say that, for example, a writer cannot have the end of a story envisioned since the very beginning, so long as the means by which they reach that end is not contrived.

αsiя

space coke
you gotta remember that nomura never expected KH to become successful
i dont really think any game in the series is that useless
Xion is the only useless character in the whole entire series

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
The first Kingdom Hearts was left open-ended, and was never one-hundred-percent supposed to have a sequel. The heart was for design, and had no bearing on the first game. Nomura decided to reuse that design by giving it significance as Kingdom Hearts (or maybe it was always supposed to look like a moon, it's just that the heart in KH1 was covered by clouds).

Kingdom Hearts II didn't follow Roxas' story, so it makes sense that Sora would not find out about Xion. However, Nomura apparently always envisioned a female force somehow driving Roxas into leaving the group of Nobodies.

There's no real issues with CoM, and BBS seems to blend in perfectly as well, along with coded. Really, they all do, once you mull it over. Really, with the secret ending of BBS and coded's ending, everything seems to "reconnect". The end is in sight, and I really feel like all of the side-stories have been leading up to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back