• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My theory of why NOT KH2:FM+ will come

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drama Setter

DaDides
Awards
Honestly, is it worth it? You know how much Square is paying for the games to be even shipped to NA and Europe? they have had to make a tremendous profit to cut the expenses. That's fine and everything but decision makers need to make a decision. It is a 50/50 shot for Square and decision makers because it will become a huge profit or a huge loss, and if it is that way; no company will risk it all (unless your completely filthy rich and even then they are stubborn).

Please, only intelligent people, not some flaming retards that are 90% of this section lately.

P.S. I've been on this forum for a long ass time 0o0

Last edited:

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
This is true.
However, SE loves surprises.
KH2FM+ was an awesome surprise.
They said they know the demand here, and they are hinting at things, but you never know.

It's really a split chance :p

You know how much Square is paying for the games to be even shipped to NA and Europe?

No, because if it released here, it would be produced in a Square-Enix North America Ltd. Co. Factory, most probably in California I believe. SENA would take care of America. SEJ has nothing to do with it. Companies manufacture their products in their national branch.

t is a 50/50 shot for Square and decision makers because it will become a huge profit or a huge loss, and if it is that way; no company will risk it all (unless your completely filthy rich and even then they are stubborn).

This is true. I think they really need to advertise it and rely on word of mouth for it to be any success.

Theory Master

Website
www.myspace.com
Dogenzaka`has a point.
they love to surprise. But also the Final Mix has a lot of new stuff. twice as more compared to the 1st FM. I mean, sure the heartless were different in color and 2 new keys, but in this FM, NEW heartless (i only meant the mushrooms but i sure hope the Behemoth would come back n stay in the 100 heartless battle. new and alot of new cutscenes, new and enlarged areas, and a couple of new keys. Oh, i forgot about the new mini game of the Crown Search. n im too bored n lazy to also mention RE: CoM.

In Overall, KH1, CoM, and II sold very good in the U.S. and it would totally be a dumb idea to keep FM to JP only. Im just not letting go of that idea, am sorry lol!...

---Khilango

The_Watcher

Bluejuan85, your sig looks awsome!

On topic: I personally think it will NOT come, so I'm importing for 1 reason: Hard Demyx battle!

-Squee!

oh, by the way, I'm not a fan girl (or even a girl for that matter) but Demyx was my fav org member.

Straw_Hat

Dogenzaka`has a point.
they love to surprise. But also the Final Mix has a lot of new stuff. twice as more compared to the 1st FM. I mean, sure the heartless were different in color and 2 new keys, but in this FM, NEW heartless (i only meant the mushrooms but i sure hope the Behemoth would come back n stay in the 100 heartless battle. new and alot of new cutscenes, new and enlarged areas, and a couple of new keys. Oh, i forgot about the new mini game of the Crown Search. n im too bored n lazy to also mention RE: CoM.

In Overall, KH1, CoM, and II sold very good in the U.S. and it would totally be a dumb idea to keep FM to JP only. Im just not letting go of that idea, am sorry lol!...

---Khilango

plus the new Form and christmas town outfit, and a new Secret Ending....if they didn't bring it over, they'd be withholding alot of experiences for us:unsure:

KhGamer89

well....maybe SE is waiting for this release of kh2fm THEN they will release kh1fm and kh2fm in america in a pack! think about that!!!! EVERYONE WOULD BUY THAT!!! "The untold kh story" think about that!!! they would freak out here!!! u no

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Drama setter: I agree, very much so, yes. You forgot one very important fact: man hours. To change all that data, republish it, and ship the here(we are the 3rd largest country in the world with the 3rd largest population, it'd be atrocious for them in cost)would be a nightmare for square. Hell we use a different kinda disk then they do, so they'd have to buy that new media. So, along with the translating of text, changing the encryption, hiring the voice actors for RE:CoM(they aint cheap),and republishing... well i think you know where i'm going with this. I doubt, after having less than spectacular earnings, they'd release it here.

Oh yes and the fan base argument: think of it this way, how many of us are here roughly 18,300. Now, think of the people, who actually bought the game. I know(and you should know) that the majority of the people who bought this game aren't us: they are parents of kids who like gaming. I seriously doubt that they'd buy a new copy of the game they already have so they can play it again, with a little more than the last version.

Faruway

I ran so far away~~~♫
Website
www.youtube.com
Well, that would make it a lot more expensive to buy but I kinda like that. But unfortunately, I don't think that Square Enix will release KHFM to the states.

TepidShark

Awards
Yet, you guys haven't presented figures for bringing the game over to North America. Because I think it might be cheaper than you may think. I depends on how deep in a translation they want to do for the game.

For KH2FM, I believe the game is pretty much more then 2/3 of the way translated already. The game has English voiceovers from the original KH2, and if they don't want to voice any of the new cutscenes that aren't voiced in the Japanese version then they don't have to get actors for that. And most of the subtitles and text(like menus and item names and such) is already translated from the original KH2. The only things that need translation are things involving new battles(like reaction commands), new items, english subtitles for new cutscenes.

For Re: CoM, they may keep the Japanese voiceovers for 3 reasons: First, it is cheaper. Second, It might be too much of a pain to find replacements for characters like Sora, Riku, DiZ, and Namine. Finally, Nomura said he wanted North American gamers to experince the Japanese voice cast and this might be the way to do that: http://www.kh2.co.uk/index.php?start_from=32&ucat=&archive=&subaction=&id=&
Also, isn't the script the same as the GBA CoM except a few cutscenes so that would already be translated already, and most of the cards and sleghts are already translated. So, all they have do put all that stuff in the PS2 version. If this is correct than most of that stuff is already translated.

With translation at a minimum, and not having to hire voice actors. With both of those two gone it has to make it much cheaper to bring over here. All I think that leaves is Marketing and Manufactering. How expensive could that really be?

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Yet, you guys haven't presented figures for bringing the game over to North America.
From last year it's 1,600,000 if i remember correctly. That's less than half the population and, as i stated, the majority won't buy the game over. Parent aren't really for buy the same game over again.
The game has English voiceovers from the original KH2, and if they don't want to voice any of the new cutscenes that aren't voiced in the Japanese version then they don't have to get actors for that.
KH:FM. My argument is done. Just because the voices are in English, doesn't mean they will release it in America or other english speaking countries.Maybe in the fantasy land you live in the japanese only speak japanese, but in reality english is like there second language.
And most of the subtitles and text
What of the rather large amount of stuff they added, is that already added? I think not.
For Re: CoM, they may keep the Japanese voiceovers for 3 reasons: First, it is cheaper. Second, It might be too much of a pain to find replacements for characters like Sora, Riku, DiZ, and Namine.
Exactly. Getting people to play the part is easy, paying them isn't.
Finally, Nomura said he wanted North American gamers to experince the Japanese voice cast and this might be the way to do that: http://www.kh2.co.uk/index.php?start...action=& id=&
Your going of the inference that Americans aren't ignorant. Most Americans(I know, I hang out with them) really, really, don't enjoy reading subtitles and really, really dislike hearing people who speak in a different language especially one in which they don't understand.
Also, isn't the script the same as the GBA CoM except a few cutscenes so that would already be translated already,and most of the cards and sleghts are already translated
If it was, why remake it? I'd think, like with FM and FM+, they included a rather substantial amount of material, which, in turn, will have to be translated, and reencrypted. Time is money my good friend, time is money.
So, all they have do put all that stuff in the PS2 version.
Do you know why the N64 lost to the PSX? The format. It takes to much time to change the format, which has a completely different kind of code and encryption, and people really don't like transferring files to and from cartridges/cds.
With translation at a minimum, and not having to hire voice actors.All I think that leaves is Marketing and Manufactering.
Publishing and shipping cost alot, no? The disk itself is cheap, the code to created isn't. WE don't use the same type of disk and don't have the same console that they do, meaning that they have to change the encryption and disk, which, can take time: and as stated above, time is money.
How expensive could that really be?
Very. I'm guess you forget a basic idea of economics from 12th grade: if you have good marketing, your product will sell. Good marketing in turn cost money to higher PR and editors, etc. If your product doesn't have good marketing, it won't sell and because 1) people don't know about it and 2)not many people buy another copy of what they already have(EX. people don't buy another metamorphosis by kafka because there are 3 new response in the background).

Last edited:

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Honestly, is it worth it? You know how much Square is paying for the games to be even shipped to NA and Europe? they have had to make a tremendous profit to cut the expenses. That's fine and everything but decision makers need to make a decision. It is a 50/50 shot for Square and decision makers because it will become a huge profit or a huge loss, and if it is that way; no company will risk it all (unless your completely filthy rich and even then they are stubborn).

Please, only intelligent people, not some flaming retards that are 90% of this section lately.

P.S. I've been on this forum for a long ass time 0o0

Oh it would sell good if it came here. Konami's Metal Gear Solid special editions always do good over here. And KH is one of the top sellers in the U.S. So advertising it as a longer special edition version with a new game included would do good.

Besides we were the ones who got an altered version with no special gift sets, so the U.S. and Europe actually should've gotten this before Japan just as an apology.

They made both countries wait four years for a game that turned out to be half done. This should've been our apology gift. But once again, Square shows how much they dislike America. They sort of hate Europe.

TepidShark

Awards
pwn3d is terms of the figures: I was asking about the cost of localization as opposed to sales figures.

When I was talking about the dialouge I was more refering to the actual script that has been already translated.

And I do realize that these games are not brand new games but I think CoM transitiation to 3d is worth a release in US because it changes up the game despite it being a game we already played on GBA.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
It's really not that costly.
They manufacture in here.
They hire some voice actors, profit from the sales
Make some money
Translate a little bit left.
The problem is, they will only profit from the sales if they advertise.

Who's gonna know about this game and want to buy it?
If they release a dinky little 30 second commercial like they did in Japan, who's gonna say "Oh man, they're making KH2 again? I gotta get that sucker".

No, there's gotta be game magazines, interviews, ads, posters, commercials, just like in Japan, talking about this game. That's the only way it'll be successful.

KhGamer89

...Who's gonna know about this game and want to buy it? If they release a dinky little 30 second commercial like they did in Japan, who's gonna say "Oh man, they're making KH2 again? I gotta get that sucker".
xD I WOULD!! I"D BUY IT!!! XD haha! think about it, if its kh1fm that comes along with kh2fm i mean, they take kh1fm and release it here. then wait like 8 months then release kh2fm! XD they would make a killing i say

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
^I've already dealt with that idea,we, as a whole forum encompass 18,363 people of 1,600,000 who bought it. WE will buy it, but,out of that million six hundred thousand, it's insignificant. They get there money not from us, but from the parents of kids who like this game, and not many parents buy the SAME GAME AGAIN, because it has a little more in it.

How about this,I offer you a book you already have, with a little essay in the back, for the same price of the book you bought last year. Seems like a rip right? You'd think that because you already have the book they'd give you some kind of discount or lower the price because it's a year old. No, instead they bundle it with "closure" that should have already been in there, and make you buy it again.

ON DOGENZAKA's post:
Exactly, the only way that they can get a good profit margin is if they have some big advertisements, and that cost alot of money. What if what they put into advertisements don't come back to them in sales?

Last edited:

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards
Ok well it should come out (and it obviously is). If it doesnt then all the kh fans will be very dissapointed =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back