• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My stance on Scientology

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
If this is found to offensive feel free to delete.

This is my stance on the “Religion” Scientology. I want any scientologists on this site to know that I’m not against your religion just its legal and converting practices. This is not a thread bashing Xenu so if that is what it becomes I will close the thread.

I have grown concerned about the upper management and more questionable practices of the church as it is now.

To ascend the OT levels you have to pay thousands of dollars in courses, weekly confessions (that they tape), the with hold from new members all the information on their religion, they say they are a non prejudice people but their texts state that they can lie to, sue, and destroy any of their critics (SPs), and they are favored by the U.S. government over all other religions

If you wanted to convert to any other religion I'm sure you could walk into their place of worship talk with the priest or whoever you runs the place and (s) he will tell you everything about their religion, prophets, and holy book. In most cases they will let you take a copy of their holy book free of charge.

For Scientology they lie to you and say they will give a free stress test, they sell you a 20 dollar pamphlet, that goes over things you already know (basic morals that you don't need religion in your life to know) and then if you say yes to all the stuff they sell you, you'll embark on a multi year long payment plan where you do all the work yourself. And only after thousands of dollars you reach OT3. At this level in the faith you are told about the intergalactic prince named Xenu. Upon getting this information you are told never to tell anyone who is below OT3 or is not a member of the church. This is displaying cult like behavior. The things leaked on the internet are just the tip of the iceberg.

This is opposed to the free of charge intro and explanation of the other faiths of the world.
I have no problem with the Church of Scientology existing. I just have a problem with how the faith is packed and sold to its members. What bugs me is that if you nothing of Xenu or any of the other stuff on the web now and you walked into your local church of Scientology they would not tell you about him. If you are not at the right OT level and you ask them they will lie right to your face and say that Xenu's actions is not what they believe.

Other faiths will tell you all about their beliefs if you ask them and you can start doing the things you need to do if you want to join free of charge outside of buying good clothes for the event.

Not only are new members lied to but the church has down things that are less than praise worthy. Some of you may know about operation Snow White.

Operation Snow White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Then of course there was the business with the IRS in the early 90s. Scientology and the IRS as their relationships stands violates the constitution of the U.S.A. but nothing about it has been done and succeeded.

Other faiths around the world have done horrible things in the past; there is no reason why Scientology should have a higher standard. The difference between them and what I have a problem with is that the other faiths have stopped doing illegal activity or provide a conscious effort to try to stop corruption in their church. Scientology to the best of the public knowledge has not done so completely.

That my friends is the difference between Scientology and other Religions. This is what I have such a big problem with.

Once again I’m perfectly fine with the Church of Scientology existing. I have no problem with them believing in space aliens. It does not sound any wackier than what my religion says.

Below are the links to the Church of Scientology’s website and the link to Anonymous’s website if you want more information.

Home - Why We Protest
Scientology - Church of Scientology Official Site

K

Kegluneq

I'm not sure what to say, I'm not a Scientologist, I have seen a video that wasn't in favor of it, but your post seems to say alot aboout Scientology so there's not much left to talk about. I don't think anybody on this is a Scientologist though.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
eventually there will be a huge information leak revealing the whole socalled iceberg.

either it will gain followers or collapse, depending on how it's presented.

C

Charlie

Hardly anyone remembers Greg the Bunny, until you mentioned it.
Scientology is a disgrace to cults.

to the human race, rather.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
The only thing that makes a religion different from a cult is it's amount of followers.

No the only things that makes a Religion different than a cult is that Religion has practices that are socially acceptable, is not secretive about what occurs behind closed doors, and offers help for the most part free of charge.

Scientology,being a cult, does none of these things

daxter fan

Well I can show you differently,but I don't want to get into another religious discussion.

Awards
I normally don't reply to posts without reading them at all, but Scientology is a joke. Taking a fundamentalist approach to any religion makes a person at least moderately insane, but at least the Jewish fairytales make some effort at instilling morality and not just pumping bullshit into your head.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
I am more afraid of pissing of the Scientologists than all the Muslims and hippies on the planet. They will personally kill me.

Who the hell lets this people continue living? What ratioal explaination is there to letting them go on with this? Why the hell is a druggie, mediocre, sci-fi writer not instantly called shenangians on when he tells everyone that everything wrong in the world is caused by alien ghosts!?

What's wrong with the world!? Are all the psych wards and prisons too full?!?!?!

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
History has shown us that it is not religion that's the problem but any system of thought that insists that one group of people is enviably in the right whereas all others are in the wrong and must somehow be punished.

Both theists and atheists are guilty of committing horrible atrocities to people in the name of what they believe in. (Some atheist cult in France killed faithful and tried and failed at creating a perfect world. They sucked so bad at it that it's almost never mentioned but did indeed happen. A lot of people died and this is not the only crime of atheists.)

Like daxter fan said this will soon turn into a theist vs. atheist debate so I'm going to close the thread before it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back