• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My rendition of "Dearly Beloved".

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tehmuffinmon

My dream job is to be a game composer; I know that's a pretty tough job to fall into, especially outside of Japan, haha, but still. I spend a huge amount of time recording music, and work with some people online in making fangames and stuff. Here's my version of "Dearly Beloved" from KH. I also have some other songs up under a playlist for "Kingdom Hearts 3" (it was a ploy to get views that didn't work, haha). Anyway.

[video=youtube;2iXRsb8QxTA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iXRsb8QxTA[/video]

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
I really like this rendition of the song, just as uplifting and emotional as the original with a bit more of a presence to it.

I may not be a musician in any sense of the word but, to my unrefined ears it sounds lovely. It gets a bit busy around 2:15 which is my only problem with it. Asides from that, lovely.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
This is reminding me so much of He Films The Clouds pt. 2 by Maybeshewill. Anyway, I think it's just too fast overall. A lot of it doesn't retain that serene feeling that all previous renditions do, and the speed in this is making it sound a bit too happy, whereas it's more or less rather sombre elsewhere. A lot of it feels forced, as well, like you've really struggled to fit it all into the time that you have. Up until 0:32, the piano needs to go, I think. Up to 1:05 is fine, but then the increased piano starts to feel forced, and at 1:41 it gets worse. The constant backing piano seems to slow down slightly and lose time around 1:55, which pretty much throws off the rest. I think in general it could go without it, although I can see the lack of it making the rest feel incomplete, too. At about 2:14, I seriously feel like I just walked into a clock shop and they've all just gone off. It's way way waaaaaay too busy then. Even the lead up from 1:55 til then is slightly too busy. Because of the different pianos going, the timing is all over the place, and it sounds absolutely terrible, really. A slow fade out from 2:50 to 3:00 could work really nicely to wrap up the song overall, but the additional 27 seconds after that still work nicely. Overall, it has the ups and downs, and could use some reworking, but it has potential.

tehmuffinmon

Thanks, Tenyas. :D

Shinkiro, thanks for being honest with your opinions, haha. I do admit, I tend to become overzealous sometimes with my songs and cram too much into too short a timeframe. I also record strictly by ear, which typically means I will record a song in one sitting. When I get into it, sometimes I become too excited and record over the same part a few times with different instruments. I have a hard time separating myself from how it sounds in the moment to how the finished product sounds; even now, as I listen to it, I can't help but hear all the parts more distinctively, if only because I put it together. I can understand how it would seem crowded, though. I'll look into revising it sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back