• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Poem [C and C please/Heck NO, it's not a rhyming poem, deal with it k?]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Okay I'm going to give a try at FREEVERSE poetry because as far as it goes, I'm no good at RHYMING POETRY.

This is based on a real-life experience. I know I'm NOT good at Poems.
So if you want to criticize it, go ahead. I don't care if you do so, it's good that I need
ones about improving. I also realized some words I could of change but couldn't think up at the other ones at the moment. I wrote this when I felt like venting/pouring out my thoughts. Comment also please! BTW, if I sound repetitive, yeah, yeah, I know. >_<

Title: Buried in My Sanctuary

NOTE: I still don't know the title for it, any suggestions would be nice.

Poem:

It is like a battlefield of raging words around here
The walls continue to shake inconsistently
I can’t run because I’m here, paralyzed.
As the anger seeps through whizzing by outside
I need place to escape this ongoing turmoil
And make myself deaf with a peaceful melody
And be buried this sanctuary I created
So I wouldn’t have to cope with this unforgivable temperament
I won’t have to deal with the ones who brings torment
He could go bug those who keep answering him
While I lock myself within my own running thoughts
And as long as I’m here and stuck for periods of time
The raging words is creeping behind me
But I block it out with a melody placed inside my head
Alone here, my tears continously flood
Because having a person like him around
Makes the pain embbeded within me, increase.
And I don’t want to be around here
Any longer to suffer this distressing wrath
I want to be abandoned in my neverending dream,
Until it is over forever.

FYI: I suck at rhyming poems. I’m pretty much okay with Freeverse. So if your gonna diss it not being a RHYMING poem, DON’T say I didn’t care to inform you.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
So nobody commented on it yet? I like it. I'm so sad that it happened to you in real life. I love the words. Unforgivable temperant. Wow sounds nice. Great poem, Candy!

Danica Syer

This is lame. You post something and nobody answers. >_> Anyway then, thanks for the compliment Kels, in ways it has happened. I guess they don't know what FREEVERSE poetry is. Only rhyming and if it's not one, what's wrong with a freeverse poem? Great. I started a thread for nothing. :(

xx kairi xx

:/ You use 'I' too much, which affects the flow. There isnt much of a rythem either due to the use of too many connectives. I think You'd benefit from using enjambement and endstopping to give it more structure and maybe condensing a few of the longer sentences.
Apart from that though i think its pretty good. you express your emotion well and create pretty good imagery ^_^

Danica Syer

Thanks for your advice on the poem as I really needed it. Yeah, I need to lessen the I and the connectives and the rhythm as well. I think using long sentences may be of use as well! Also I will definitely try and correct it as well! Thanks for your criticism and feedback! It really made my day actually. :)

Last edited:

UnnamedPerson

Awards
I like it candy ^^ I understand poetry and enjoy it, and this is worth reading, especially since you express yourself, and your emotions through it. Not much i can say on how to improve it since Jade (xx kairi xx) already said it all but yeah, its good ^^

Danica Syer

Why thank you Roxas! Glad you liked it. ^_^ Yeah, I'm glad she did, otherwise I'd be lost since I'm seriously not a born-poet. XD Thanks for reading it and I'm glad it expresses it. :)

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
I understood that cuz I think I know whats it about. You did good there I think for someone whose not a poet. Very heartfelt.

Danica Syer

Why thank you very much Nelo Angelo for your comment! I really appreciate it! And yeah, I was hoping for that kind of effect! ^_^

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
I agree with xx kairi xx. The 'I's' do effect the rhythm of it that it almost seems to stop you while reading. I'm no expert on poetry or anything, however I do like the certain imagery it gives out, but I feel you could add a bit more emotion/feeling into it. There's also a thing with the repetativness in it, but you seem to already know that so... yeah. :D;

Overall I liked it and would gladly read more from you.

Danica Syer

Thanks so much for the comment. I can fix the poem but I guess the "Is" in some part should go anyway. :p Yeah, some of the words, I couldn't find any other words to describe it and yeah, I think I realized why it lacks flow/rhythm since I was writing it at the moment and didn't feel like making changes. Once again, thanks for your comment and honest criticism. It means alot! Hopefully when I can remember, I'll edit the poem...^_^

Danica Syer

Why thank you for your comments, it means alot! Hmm...I'll think about writing another poem and maybe then, if I do a better job, I'll post on here. >_<

Daisuke_x

It's pretty good :)
You show your emotion well in this poem, and it allows people to think of what you are actually talking about. However, there isn't much punctuation in it and I got confused once or twice because of it ... But other than that I liked it! It's nice to see a poem now and again that works with no rhyme scheme in it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back