• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My New PSP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
I just got the PSP in the bundle, and I'm still figuring it out. I have a couple of points.

-The internet took forever to set up.
-Remote Play was dissapointing
-The loading for the system was a bit long, but I don't mind this.
-The charger is awkward.
-My cousin said that my PSP was made of a different material than his older one (?)

This last one's annoying.

While I play, sometimes the PSP goes to a "Do you want to quit the game?" screen. Does anyone know the reason why? It is happening more often now; at least thrice a minute. In the final boss as Ven, I cruised throught he first two parts with ease, until the D-Link part came. While I was pounding on the "X" and the spinning the "nub" (is that right?), the game would go to that screen, and the boss would keep taking me out while I got out of that menu. Ten times later I finally beat it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PSP. I'm just a little annoyed about that last one...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I just got the PSP in the bundle, and I'm still figuring it out. I have a couple of points.

-The internet took forever to set up.
-Remote Play was dissapointing
-The loading for the system was a bit long, but I don't mind this.
-The charger is awkward.
-My cousin said that my PSP was made of a different material than his older one (?)

Yeah, it's true. Iirc, 1000s are made of different material compared to the 2000s and onward.

This last one's annoying.

While I play, sometimes the PSP goes to a "Do you want to quit the game?" screen. Does anyone know the reason why? It is happening more often now; at least thrice a minute. In the final boss as Ven, I cruised throught he first two parts with ease, until the D-Link part came. While I was pounding on the "X" and the spinning the "nub" (is that right?), the game would go to that screen, and the boss would keep taking me out while I got out of that menu. Ten times later I finally beat it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my PSP. I'm just a little annoyed about that last one...

You might've been pressing the [Home] button by accident. It's fairly close to the analog stick.

darkblue

hey , actually there were a few more threads made on people having the same problem. they shouldn't be too hard to find if you just scroll a bit.

I've got it too , and I'm still thinking about what I should do about it.
and it happens anytime. you could have it laying down on a table even and it'll pop up; pretty random.

and some we're saying it had to do with how the UMD was placed inside , and the PSP not reading it.

a lot of the people who bought the bundle are posting about it. so, yeah , check that thread out!

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
hey , actually there were a few more threads made on people having the same problem. they shouldn't be too hard to find if you just scroll a bit.

I've got it too , and I'm still thinking about what I should do about it.
and it happens anytime. you could have it laying down on a table even and it'll pop up; pretty random.

and some we're saying it had to do with how the UMD was placed inside , and the PSP not reading it.

a lot of the people who bought the bundle are posting about it. so, yeah , check that thread out!

Hmm, that's troubling. I hope it wasn't a manufacturer's defect! I'd hate to give up my PSP to get repaired when BBS just came out.

@Sign, sorry for not being specific. My cousin has a PSP 3000 that he bought over the summer, and he says the materials were different. Also, I'm positive I'm not hitting the Home button. I could live with it for a bit, but we'll see...

Dannydecay

As some people said it may be caused by you jerking the system around a lot or pressing on the disc tray when things get intense. I know that this is the case for me because it would only happen when I was fighting a boss that was really hard or when I got really into the game, when I calmed down and realized I was squeezing the back it stopped and hasn't happened since.

It still may be a defect, but it hasn't happened in a few days.

Lonelyness21

Awards
I am SO glad that hasn't happened to my PSP. I got the bundle as well and just passed through both Terra's and Ventus's story without having that problem~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back