• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My main complaint about a certain summonable Champion in WOFF (SPOILER WARNING)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

I wasn't sure which category this topic fell under, but seeing as the game is WOFF, i felt its only fitting to go here. Now, i've played through world of final fantasy and had a good time with it. For me, it was my first final fantasy game (i imagine KH doesn't count) and it was honestly a lot of fun. Sure, platinuming it is a royal pain but it has some good moments. But one of the moments in the game really doesnt sell it for me.

I'm talking about the infamous Sora summon.
Now i know that it's one of the most overpowered summons in the game, capable of decimating any enemy with slight difficulty, but my problem is in the execution.
my major beef with this one is the music. Listening to the music playing during the Sora summon, i can tell that they went the cheap route with this one. Every other champion in the game has a theme from their respective title, like the battle theme, but not Sora. Is it really that hard to pick a action theme from kingdom hearts? are all of them licensed by Disney? they could have just shoehorned in Hand in Hand one of the MOST iconic songs in the series, used as the reprise at the end of kh 1 and 2.8. Instead, we just get a generic action theme that you can put anywhere.

I know that WOFF was one of the many games in development between what most KH fans are waiting for, but if it's something as small as DLC for another major IP from the company, you'd think square would put in a little more elbow grease.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I understand in the JP version, Sora (and I mean this summon)had a VOICED line. It's understandable why they cut that though. Must of been the voice actor strike (they knew that we rabid fans wouldn't accept anyone but Haley Joel Osment for Sora). But yeah, the rest is just lazy.

[Edit] Found it.

[video=youtube;jAR0NoAkYlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAR0NoAkYlo[/video]

I don't know what he says though, could someone who knows Japanese translate that? (Light the Goldpanner signal,someone.)

Last edited:
Awards
I understand in the JP version, Sora (and I mean this summon)had a VOICED line. It's understandable why they cut that though. Must of been the voice actor strike (they knew that we rabid fans wouldn't accept anyone but Haley Joel Osment for Sora). But yeah, the rest is just lazy.

[Edit] Found it.

[video=youtube;jAR0NoAkYlo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAR0NoAkYlo[/video]

I don't know what he says though, could someone who knows Japanese translate that? (Light the Goldpanner signal,someone.)
He's basically saying "My friends are my power". :T

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They wouldn't have recorded a new take, just like with the japanese version they would have used an archived recording from one of the kh games, probably DDD.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Dandelion; maybe it was a licensing issue then. I'm sure there's a reason they didn't bother. ^^

Oh, for sure. There must be some sort of issue/paywall that stops them from recycling the lines in English, since they also don't bother doing so for KHUX's voiced medals in the international versions.

Soldier

Awards
Oh, for sure. There must be some sort of issue/paywall that stops them from recycling the lines in English, since they also don't bother doing so for KHUX's voiced medals in the international versions.
So is it safe to assume that the lack of proper KH music is due to laziness for both versions? i doubt it would have to be due to copyright infringement? since tetsuya Nomura also made the game.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
So is it safe to assume that the lack of proper KH music is due to laziness for both versions? i doubt it would have to be due to copyright infringement? since tetsuya Nomura also made the game.

Nomura's hand doesn't really have anything to do with licensing, though, and KH is owned by Disney outright, so that may also be another complication that they could probably go through, but would be more time and money than it's worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back