• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► my lil brother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i have a little brother. after his freshmen year, he has gone through a lot of depression. He keeps saying that he is the ugliest thing ever. I really feel bad for him because i never seen someone so depressed in my life. I want to make him feel better, but....how can i say he's not ugly without sounding like i like him and still sounding very convinced. i don't think i can simply say "you're not ugly, trust me!" since he doesn't seem convinced

Vixx

Maybe its just a phase, one time, by step brother was awesome, then one day after we had a huge fight, i moved out, i met him like a year later, he was all emo and sht, something that he hated before, but it passed, he is cool again lol

Allister Rose

French Lover
Has he threatened suicide before? Has he stopped eating? How long has he been feeling like this? If he's been feeling this way for more than 2 weeks, I would consider taking him to a doctor to get him checked for clinical depression.
he hasn't exactly "threatened" to suicide, but yes he has mentioned it a few times....he barely eats. This has going on for a couple months....i always assumed some girl broke his heart

Last edited:

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
He just needs a male friend to be sympathetic to his problems. If a girl did dump him, he might not feel like he can tell you outright, because he could be embarrassed/humiliated by it. And some things guys can tell other guys, and girls chat with other girls, ne?

Give him a chocolate bar or two, make sure he eats both, and try encouraging him to do something he likes. Hopefully it helps his mood a little - typically if my blood sugar gets low, I'm either super irritable, or really depressed, so I HAVE to keep a little snack or something nearby incase. Hypoglycemic-ish, I think.

And threaten him with kindness if he threatens you with suicide. :p Hugs > Death.

Allister Rose

French Lover
maybe he does need a male friend....I'm not so sure if a girl broke his heart, but i speculate that's the case.
i guess i could buy him some chocolate bars...I'll see if it helps....

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
get him a friend with curly hair who's also lefty
those are the good ones

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
maybe he does need a male friend....I'm not so sure if a girl broke his heart, but i speculate that's the case.
i guess i could buy him some chocolate bars...I'll see if it helps....

no chocolate

give him advice

Allister Rose

French Lover
i don't know how to give him advice...we wont tell me what his problem is....i feel i have to encourage him...

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
umm.....i hope this isn't taken as a joke.......

im being completely serious (wellllllll......)
as odd as it seems, i have three friends who fit this description and they are my best friends
they always help me when i need them

but maybe you could get him into sports

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'll see what i can do with the friends ...chocolate doesn't sound so bad....i ate a lot of chocolate when i was depressed not too long ago...but then again it wasn't that big of a change.... if all fails, I'll try to get him into sports. though he was never the type to be the energetic to begin with...maybe table tennis

impart

Climb The Sky
tell him he's handsome. tell him something you like about his face.

like- you have a very strong chin
boys like to have strong chins n' crap like that
or something you like about his personality
that's always good to throw in there too

Allister Rose

French Lover
that's kind of why i made this...other wise i wouldn't have much of a problem. I can't say it without an awkward tone....i don't want him to get the impression that i like him in that way. and i never really complimented him before....I'll practice in a mirror, but i guess that makes the situation even odder...

impart

Climb The Sky
lol yeah just say it casually.
I tell my sister she looks pretty all the time, but i guess thats diffrent because were bolth girls

say like- that shirt brings out your pretty eves, or something
that color looks good on you
or if its a weird complement there is not really a way to misinterpret it

like I tell my friend all the time that he has cute little dinosaur teeth, and his eyes are pretty like copper, or that they remind me of those tiger eye beads. or that hes got good hair- and compare it to a popular celebrity's or something. lol

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I think he just needs that sympathetic kind of "Hey, let's talk about this." He sounds sad about something, but he isn't telling, which means he has a reason he thinks is good enough. Or he's trying to garner attention because he feels he's neglected in some way.

He just needs a hug. :p

I don't know if I compliment people. I typically wind up telling them about how much worse it could be for them, and somehow come up with metaphors and analogies that have to do with my actual life. -facepalm-

I'm weird like that.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Has he gone through puberty yet? Are all the other guys of his age taller and bigger then him? Maybe that's it. My friend complains to me all the time how he isn't tall and how he thinks he's gonna be short forever and how he wishes to be tall and big or whatever. He's Asian so I can't tell him " you'll be 6 feet one day " cuz really idk.

But what I do to make him feel better is tell him how I think he looks taller. Like on a random day. Or I tell him "wow! You're almost taller then me, huh? You seem more taller! " like that. Little stuff to boost his ego/worries while it being casual and it doesn't sound like I like him. Works great!

Oh, and you should give him chocolate. It has chemicals that make you happier/feel better/not be depressed.:D

I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back