• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► my lil brother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

impart

Climb The Sky
Oh, and you should give him chocolate. It has chemicals that make you happier/feel better/not be depressed.:D

the scent of vanilla does this too.
stimulates the feeling of being happy
a little fun fact :)

Allister Rose

French Lover
ok, i don't think chocolate is going to work (well not effectively)....and why do you need a picture of him? don't you think that's something a little weird to ask?

but anyways....i don't know if he has problems....maybe I'll just take him to a school counselor or something...i'l tel hm he's getting taller, but i'm not so sure he will listen....

Vixx

School counselors suck btw....theropy is good if your really worried about what he is doing, school usually wont help, just push them furthur into doing it...

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.
Hey, maybe it's just a phase. I know people have mentioned that before but maybe they're right. However, if this has been going on for a while and it is something that worries you, you should just sit down and talk. My sis does it all the time(whether i want it or not ).
I'm sure he wouldn't mind a one on one. Chocolate always helps :)

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'm not his most favorite sibling and i hardly talk to him....this is why it's so awkward for me, but i'll try. maybe i should wait for another week or two see if anything gets better or worst...

Vixx

Lol, if you dont ever talk to him then talk to him, hang out with him, take him out to places, have some fun, bond, that sorta stuff...

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
uuuh(i don't know how no one mentioned this but..) shouldn't you consider talking about his with your parents?

im sure they'll do what they can and try to work it out
i can see that you're a good brother :)

Izayoi

galactic cancer
uuuh(i don't know how no one mentioned this but..) shouldn't you consider talking about his with your parents?

im sure they'll do what they can and try to work it out
i can see that you're a good brother :)

Parents tend to go "herp derp despression = counseling"

The last thing some kid who is feeling suddenly depressed and self-consious and apparantly hasn't even mentioned feeling like shit needs is someone coming out of nowhere and telling him he needs help. Sends very wrong messages and odds are will make him feel like he NEEDS help. Makes them be paranoid.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
he hasn't exactly "threatened" to suicide, but yes he has mentioned it a few times....he barely eats. This has going on for a couple months....i always assumed some girl broke his heart

I would take him to a doctor to have him evaluated, especially if he's mentioned suicide; usually if he's mentioned it, it means he's thought about it.

I'm not saying this to be mean, not by a long shot, but if your brother does have clinical depression and/or does need professional help (I'm not saying he does, but it wouldn't hurt to take him to a doctor as a precaution if nothing else), then the doctor would be able to help him find it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
yeah...i thought the suicide would come back to haunt me....ok i'll talk to my mom about it. hopefully she will take him

impart

Climb The Sky
therapy SUCKS.

just throwin that out there. lol

it can help tho,.... if a positive attitude about it is maintained...

Allister Rose

French Lover
look. i'm just worried he will go suicide and me knowing he was is just going to ruin me for the rest of my life. i want him better for his benefit too. Me and him are not exactly close, but it just looks sad....i mean at first i thought it was annoying when he took too long in the shower or when his favorite show was over and didn't do anything to change it, but now it looks like he's the undead.

i'm also scared his mind isn't all there anymore...so maybe doctor is the best choice. i'm not that go at helping people as you can see...

impart

Climb The Sky
I think you should talk to him first. even if you don't normally talk to him, try to see whats going on before up and sending him to the doctor

chances are hes not going to be too happy about it (going to the Doctor), 14 year old's usually dont like to be forced to do stuff...

Allister Rose

French Lover
well he isn't 14, he's going to be 16 next year. but yeah...i'll talk to him first, and if he doesn't want to talk, and he's still the same in two days. i'll tell my mom about him needing a doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back