• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My life's a big depression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephy-kun

I HAVE FURY!
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm extreamly depressed all the time. My mom's yelling me everynight, the girl I like won't even look at me, and I can't seem to cheer up. My friends have tried, but it's no use, and I've considered suicide a couple times Can you guys give me advice on what to do? Please?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Take prozac? You could be a manic depressist, it's always possible :\

If it's just rooted in your problems, you've seriously gotta lighten up. Your parents, despite the fact that they'll be with you for most of your life, aren't omniscient, just because your mom's yelling at you means you deserve it. Girls at our age can be total bitches, too, so that's not much to be concerned about. I find it also helps to, you know, try to bond with them without them actually realizing it. Say, if you ever happen to be together, just start talking to her about really mundane school stuff, and build up from there until you're friends. It works pretty well, trust me.

Suicide, as cliche and pseudo heroic as it may sound, is not the answer. You've got two stupid little problems, one of them over a girl, when you're only 13. The mom one is a little more pressing, but I'm sure that'll fade away in time, too. At least you've got friends willing to cheer you up, that's a definite plus.

~Dorian Gray

Cid Highwind

The Captain
sorry to hear that you are going through some rough times. but don't worry, these feelings won't happen forever. around your age it can be normal to have those kind of feelings and yeah it sucks. things might seem shitty now, but things will brighten up later. and besides, you have so much to live for, and suicide might seem like a good way to escape your pain now, but it affects so many people in such terrible ways. this one kid in my neighborhood hung himself and his family members haven't been the same since. ppl care about you and i promise that sooner or later things will start to turn around.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
I'm sorry, about this little bro. ;~;

But maybe you do need to get outside more. o_O I Find that If I'm in the house 24 damn 7, I Get a little depressed aswell, and You and I Both know, that If I'm depressed, something isn't Normal. 0~0; Lol, Anywhoo... Yeah, just get out, and go the the Movies, or lasertag more often with your friends, and just try to cheer up that way. ^_^

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
>_>

Not everyone likes sports, Sora Blade, and I'm pretty sure you can't compensate for social issues by sweating until your blood veins pop.

Listen to Josiah, the boy's got some good suggestions. Just spend some time away from everything that's irritating you, start hanging out with some different girls, stay away from the house as often as you can, you know.

~Dorian Gray

Have you thought of talking to your school councellor? Or maybe a social worker?

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Oh, don't listen to Sora_Blade_16, that's all he ever says (Unless sports help, that is).

Anyway, you should just find some hobby that helps you to relax. Listen to Dorian_Gray and Josiah.

Sorry about the girl troubles. =/ Don't hate us all because of this one. Dx

Hope everything turns out all right for you.

*Cough* What about me Katattack? *cough*

Try not to let these negatives get you down when you have so much to live for.

starry_eyed_hero

there are no guaranteed solutions for emotional depression, although i suppose i could share some of my knowledge with you:

-chasing after women is a pointless effort. eventually a woman of your desire will come to you, despite how unlikely it may seem. until that day, i would suggest not worrying too much about women, and finding another hobby to keep yourself busy.

-leave your house one day and search for a place that you enjoy visiting nearby. a good example for me, is the mall near my house. it should be a place that is enjoyable to visit, regardless of your current financial situation. once you find that place, return there every day that you possibly can. if you're unable to visit one day, then do not let it bother you. just visit the next day you can, and allow yourself to forget about that day. it would also help to meet the employees or other regular visitors there.

-suicide is apparently a good idea. it will eternally remove the pain that you've been feeling for so long. however, suicide has one major flaw that you should consider. death is a source of sadness and pain for those close to the deceased(even if they do not appear to care for the deceased.) if you commit suicide, you will be the sole cause for the pain that all those people around you will feel. do you really want to cause all that pain to others, just so you can end your own suffering?

khluva010

Nice Ascot!
on the playground is where I spent most of my days
um, that wud be akward because the counsellor is my grandmother,...... but I'll try you guys' advice, al least somepople try to help me )

ur grandma your cousellor....? wow!! u should see a movie by urself get away from all the craziness!!!! or maybe go on youtube and find some hillarious videos... please don't kill urself, if this doesn't help, then I'm sorry.

Sephy-kun said:
um, that wud be akward because the counsellor is my grandmother,...... but I'll try you guys' advice, al least somepople try to help me )
If anything I thought you'd turn to a respected member of your family or a trusted adult friend. These are most likely the best options if you seek advice. I hope it works well for you.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Suicide!? That's going a bit far, isn't it?
I'm pretty depressed as well plus I live in New Zealand (At the moment) which is one of the worst countries I've ever been too.
I listen to music a lot, it helps.... even though the most of the bands are messed up, sexually confused, man-slut junkies.

With girls, don't even bother. You want them to come to you :D.

Little_Red

betch.
I'm extreamly depressed all the time. My mom's yelling me everynight, the girl I like won't even look at me, and I can't seem to cheer up. My friends have tried, but it's no use, and I've considered suicide a couple times Can you guys give me advice on what to do? Please?

first of all, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. right now might seem like a dark time in ur life, but trust me it will go by.

and about the girl thing...

if the girl you like doesn't even look at you, she probably doesn't know you. i'm not saying you're a loser, she just doesn't look at you. at lunch, i barely look at the guy. so just loosen up about it.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I wouldn't say you're suffering from depression (God, I wish people would stop saying that...). Depression is a medical term. You're just not very happy and are stuck in a rut as to do anything about it.

My advice to you? Just smile. Be happy. Who knows, you may actually start enjoying it after a while.
I've been through the whole teen angst thing. Yeah, it sucks like 50c whore. But you know who the only person who do anything about it? You.
So a girl won't look at you. Forget about it. Remove her from your surroundings. You DON'T need to fussing about girls at this stage in your life because all it will do is cause problems for you.
And as for your situation at home, try and see if you can stay with a friend for a while.

I've always found that the trick to dealing with things is to not run away from them, but to remove yourself from that environment until you can deal with it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back