• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Them: Aqua has flaws, here they are. But, I don't think her gender has anything to do with her popularity.
You: Gosh, you're such a fanboi. How dare you not accept my 65% vs 35% breakdown of why she's popular! It's basic math, duh, I know all the answers and the demographics of all Aqua fans, unlike you, who seems to be an Aqua fan and would actually know the opinions of fellow Aqua fans compared to me who thinks Terra and Ven should be more popular cause I personally like them more and therefore, Aqua is actually only more popular because she's a girl. It's not because people just like her more than her best friends, the ONLY thing that makes her better than her friends is her gender. Fanboi.

Foxycian

Awards
Them: Aqua has flaws, here they are. But, I don't think her gender has anything to do with her popularity.
You: Gosh, you're such a fanboi. How dare you not accept my 65% vs 35% breakdown of why she's popular! It's basic math, duh, I know all the answers and the demographics of all Aqua fans, unlike you, who seems to be an Aqua fan and would actually know the opinions of fellow Aqua fans compared to me who thinks Terra and Ven should be more popular cause I personally like them more and therefore, Aqua is actually only more popular because she's a girl. It's not because people just like her more than her best friends, the ONLY thing that makes her better than her friends is her gender. Fanboi.
lol aqua fan not happy, you can make jokes if you want doesn’t change a thing that aqua has a lot of fans who worship her cause she’s a cute strong hot female character etc

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not at all. I just don't know why, after they went into detail about Aqua's flaws and explained their points calmly (which you pretended Aqua fans don't do), you then call them a fanboy anyway because they think your subjective "65% vs 35%" talking point is straight up silly.

Where did you pull those numbers from? Some kind of survey? A graph? Did you poll Aqua fans? Or are you basing it off of what you personally feel it should be because she's your least favorite? That's why it's silly and why we're telling you you're wrong.

Foxycian

Awards
also why I use numbers and where did I get those numbers from? Lol I was being generous when I say 30-35%, when in fact they are many, that’s for sure being a fan since 2002 i see them a lot when the video is about aqua

always defending her when she makes mistakes
Always praising her whenever she say something
Always exaggerate their love for her lol it’s all over YouTube and even the players who put walkthrough always complimented her looks and that she is nice (when pretty much most kh characters have these traits) and ofc there are those who like her gameplay which is indeed fun so nothing to say bout that since I have my own reasons to like this character too but I don’t overreact or overrate her much cause honestly she can pass as a bland character, being a girl isn’t enough reason to make me consider her one of the best kh characters ever.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
This thread is supposedly about Aqua's flaws, why she's your least favorite.

But it seems to me you actually created this thread because you think all Aqua fans are fanboys and only like her because she's a girl, therefore she's not deserving of popularity compared to her guy friends. You've taken the random 65/35 imaginary numbers as fact because of your personal feelings? You pulled the numbers out of nowhere because they don't exist. Maybe if you actually ran a poll, people would take you more seriously.

We can talk about her flaws and the flaws of BbS all day. I do it all the time. It's enjoyable to me and complaining about Nomura is kinda a requirement for every KH fan whether you like a character or not. If you've actually been around Aqua fans, everyone has their issues, everyone has a list of things they would do different for her, everyone has a list of things they're disappointed in (some longer than others), and everyone has their reasons for liking her. Aqua fans are no different than others.

If we go by your logic, then I can claim Ven is only popular because he looks like Sora/Roxas. If we take away the fans who actually like him, say, 10%, that totally means 90% of people only care because of his appearance.

As for Terra, well, Terra has gotten the short end of the stick for a long time, he didn't get a popularity boots until recently (outside of TAV fans). What if 75% of those people only care about him because he's a part of TAV. Well the, I guess only 25% of people really like him for him.

Guess that means Ven and Terra are not deserving of their popularity, because my numbers are just as factual as yours (not at all). If you claim otherwise, you're just being a fanboy.

Can't you see how ridiculous that is, or why those numbers in no way reflect Aqua's character or fans, which you claim is the point of this thread? Are we in middle school? Why are you trying to have a popularity contest?

Foxycian

Awards
This thread is supposedly about Aqua's flaws, why she's your least favorite.

But it seems to me you actually created this thread because you think all Aqua fans are fanboys and only like her because she's a girl, therefore she's not deserving of popularity compared to her guy friends. You've taken the random 65/35 imaginary numbers as fact because of your personal feelings? You pulled the numbers out of nowhere because they don't exist. Maybe if you actually ran a poll, people would take you more seriously.

We can talk about her flaws and the flaws of BbS all day. I do it all the time. It's enjoyable to me and complaining about Nomura is kinda a requirement for every KH fan whether you like a character or not. If you've actually been around Aqua fans, everyone has their issues, everyone has a list of things they would do different for her, everyone has a list of things they're disappointed in (some longer than others), and everyone has their reasons for liking her. Aqua fans are no different than others.

If we go by your logic, then I can claim Ven is only popular because he looks like Sora/Roxas. If we take away the fans who actually like him, say, 10%, that totally means 90% of people only care because of his appearance.

As for Terra, well, Terra has gotten the short end of the stick for a long time, he didn't get a popularity boots until recently (outside of TAV fans). What if 75% of those people only care about him because he's a part of TAV. Well the, I guess only 25% of people really like him for him.

Guess that means Ven and Terra are not deserving of their popularity, because my numbers are just as factual as yours (not at all). If you claim otherwise, you're just being a fanboy.

Can't you see how ridiculous that is, or why those numbers in no way reflect Aqua's character or fans, which you claim is the point of this thread? Are we in middle school? Why are you trying to have a popularity contest?
Aqua is an ok character for me and sometimes bland and I already said I agree she deserves her popularity, but if you honestly remove all the blue colors from her and make her a male with different color then blue then I can see her not being as popular as she is now.

EDIT: imo those girls deserve to be in the top 5 when we see more of them

1. Kairi, I loved her sassiness in kh1 and 0.2 hope her character returns, I don’t like soft uninteresting kh3 version, not that I will care much if she returned to being herself or not, I still like her

2. Skuld, she is more interesting then aqua tbh in terms of character, she doesn’t have those fancy blue colors but she doesn’t have bland personality

3. Master Ava, I find her more interesting then most kh girls including aqua, as a character ofc

4. streilitzia, another girl that has great character without Pointing the obvious that she is a girl

5. Xion also has an interesting character and her journey of finding her self was Good, she doesn’t compare to the 4 before her, but she is still Good

can’t say much about Namine and laraxene I love them but I didn’t see enough of them, same for Aqua I like her but soo far she just showed me that (in terms of personality and character) her character Didn’t feel as strong as the other girls, all I saw from aqua was that she was a strong girl that can protect herself and that’s ofc ok but still didn’t interest me as the other girls.

you see there are girls with great character and not just “I’m a strong girl covered in your favorite color blue etc etc

aqua is an ok character but compared to those 5 (mostly the first 4) she is bland tbh, I didn’t like Ava because she is a girl... or woman (Yea I’m aware she is an adult) but because her character in khux and back cover captured my attention, she is a great character, Aqua on the other hand was new breath of fresh air which i accept but don’t shove her to my face as best girl when there are girls better then her.

Last edited:

palizinhas

Awards
Look, Strelitzia's my girl, but her personality is "shy and dead". I genuinely don't understand how she ranks over the likes of Aqua, Xion and Naminé to you.

EDIT: I do think where Aqua and the X girls that aren't Strelitzia win against the others is that they aren't in the series to give a male character plot. Kairi's purpose is to get kidnapped so Sora can do stuff, Naminé was warped into Sora's main goal in CoM, Xion was there in Days to make Roxas sad, Strelitzia was killed to give Lauriam plot... Of course, Skuld's Subject X probably, so even that's gone now.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
Look, Strelitzia's my girl, but her personality is "shy and dead". I genuinely don't understand how she ranks over the likes of Aqua, Xion and Naminé to you.

EDIT: I do think where Aqua and the X girls that aren't Strelitzia win against the others is that they aren't in the series to give a male character plot. Kairi's purpose is to get kidnapped so Sora can do stuff, Naminé was warped into Sora's main goal in CoM, Xion was there in Days to make Roxas sad, Strelitzia was killed to give Lauriam plot... Of course, Skuld's Subject X probably, so even that's gone now.

Kairi, Has a great character tbh, kairi May switch back and forth with her character, sometimes this sassy girl and sometimes this gentle girl but nevertheless when we see more of her then I can say she earn the top spot, ofc we need to see more of her before I make right judgment

Skuld, other then subject x, her character is interesting and has great desgin and tbh her personality felt like a real girl she felt realistic for me and didn’t see her as just bland strong girl

strelitzia, yea she was shy, but she also had a character and she has a strong heart the fact she overcome her shyness to come talk to us the player (when Hinata from Naruto stayed shy the whole series and didn’t have the courage to ask Naruto out until sakura helped her) also I said I won’t rank Namine and laraxene cause I didn’t see much of them I think them as Good average characters

Xion, is strong keyblade wielder and and has a Character and personality she managed to develop her own personality despite being a puppet, and her story arc may have been linked to Roxas (tbh the same with aqua her story was linked to Ventus and terraand the game focused more on them then her until the final ep happened) but Xion at least had a story and that she wanted to discover herself and not wanting to admit she is just a puppet made by someone, just like Roxas she wanted to believe she existed and that she is a real person, I already said Xion character is Good, not as strong but still Interesting character that worth of being popular, all characters have the right to be popular but not overrated.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I’m just mystified by some of the arguments I’ve read the last week at KHInsider, lmao. First in the romance thread, people who stan a hypothetical gay relationship are the real homophobes because they can’t accept the possibility of non-"traditional" / emotional straight men. Now everyone who likes Aqua are the real misogynists because they must only like her because she’s female. Surely the world can't get any more nonsensical without reality crashing, right?

CutiePique

Awards
I just don’t like seeing someone being popular for the wrong reasons
my objective is to expand this topic for many horny fanboy to see this so they will actually like someone not because her strongest trait is that she is a girl
Well look on the bright side, fam: even if this thread did manage to cleanse the mythical 35% of their impure personal opinions and got them to like [your favorite character's name here] instead, they'd probably still like that character for the """wrong""" reasons. And then you'd be right back here saying how you definitely do still like [name here] and this is just your opinion, but the fans are ruining them for you because they have opinions that are not yours~
So really the horny fanboys are doing you a favor by staying true to their own personal tastes :D

Aqua is an ok character for me and sometimes bland and I already said I agree she deserves her popularity, but if you honestly remove all the blue colors from her and make her a male with different color then blue then I can see her not being as popular as she is now.
(/QnQ)/ B-but... but the numbers... numbers are everything to you... where's the random b.s. statistics for "blue"...? Is there a percentage of people who like blue "but it's for the wrong reasons"? When doing your calculations, did you find that that subset had an impact on Aquo's popularity potential compared to Aqua or no? This is very important, probably, maybe.

Foxycian

Awards
Well look on the bright side, fam: even if this thread did manage to cleanse the mythical 35% of their impure personal opinions and got them to like [your favorite character's name here] instead, they'd probably still like that character for the """wrong""" reasons. And then you'd be right back here saying how you definitely do still like [name here] and this is just your opinion, but the fans are ruining them for you because they have opinions that are not yours~
So really the horny fanboys are doing you a favor by staying true to their own personal tastes :D

(/QnQ)/ B-but... but the numbers... numbers are everything to you... where's the random b.s. statistics for "blue"...? Is there a percentage of people who like blue "but it's for the wrong reasons"? When doing your calculations, did you find that that subset had an impact on Aquo's popularity potential compared to Aqua or no? This is very important, probably, maybe.
Hmm already said everything that I wanted to say so if you want to read my view of this matter then I will just point up 👆 for you to just check my old comments^^ cause really I said everything on my mind, and just so you know this is not a hate rant I don’t hate aqua but not fan of how everyone orgasm when they see her that’s all,

thank you for commenting tho:)

also guys, all of you can have your opinion, this is not a hate rant you’re free to disagree and place your claims on why you disagree like how I will place mine and why I think fans overrated her for being female.

you see what I mean?
A155B7FF-6EB8-4CFA-AF1A-A2ABA0259EFF.jpeg
1AA9A974-DA56-4104-BF60-003D90972971.jpeg
there are billions of comments like this aqua Best “girl” being a girl is now one of her best traits no matter how I look at it.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow, handpicked comments from a youtube comment section. Totally a good source of information and opinions for sure. Just as relevant as Amino, aka not at all. Also, using "best girl", a generic catch phrase people use even when it's not a girl, is not great evidence.

Since we're on the topic of genderbends, there's this awesome artist on tumblr named malefishe who did some TAV gender bends and they are SUPER popular and lovely. I'll link some for funsies. Terra is a-dorbale

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Give me a link to the video. C: Let's see what the rest of the comments say.

Foxycian

Awards
Wow, handpicked comments from a youtube comment section. Totally a good source of information and opinions for sure. Just as relevant as Amino, aka not at all. Also, using "best girl", a generic catch phrase people use even when it's not a girl, is not great evidence.

Since we're on the topic of genderbends, there's this awesome artist on tumblr named malefishe who did some TAV gender bends and they are SUPER popular and lovely. I'll link some for funsies. Terra is a-dorbale

jeez I know you can place your claims but trust me this isn’t about gender bend, we only talked about that briefly xD

Give me a link to the video. C: Let's see what the rest of the comments say.
Umm why should I? My friend I can do that but You can just go yourself to every video that’s about aqua or that mentions aqua.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean, you're the one that claimed the comments are basically nothing but Aqua fanboys talking about her gender. So where's the link? Just wanna see it for myself.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
@Foxycian you cannot keep bumping threads just to agree with yourself. You've already run the gambit of legitimate discussion in here and people are not obligated to agree with you no matter how many cherry-picked comments you share from offsite.

And quit multi-posting and responding to the same comment.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
All I asked was for a link. I want to see for myself. You didn't have a problem linking to the Amino article, so what's the hold up? You haven't told me a title or where to find it, can I get more information? Not too long ago you were saying about 35% only like her because she's a girl, so surely if I see for myself, your point will be proven since you screenshotted and shared them here, right?

Foxycian

Awards
All I asked was for a link. I want to see for myself. You didn't have a problem linking to the Amino article, so what's the hold up? You haven't told me a title or where to find it, can I get more information? Not too long ago you were saying about 35% only like her because she's a girl, so surely if I see for myself, your point will be proven since you screenshotted and shared them here, right?
Ok sure I will give links, each video must always have people that call her bae or Waifu or cute

don’t look at the comments that like her for her character lol I know they exist, however searching every video that link isn’t easy when every thing I saw were from 10 years till now something you find when you search, anyhow here are three links

comments from 2011 till 2020, there are many people still on the i like her cause she is Girl
4B6E0047-3318-45C1-B87E-5444094AF12B.png
Well there are many comments should I keep going?

soo far Aqua had many traits but one of those traits (that guys and few girls mostly like) is that she is a beautiful strong girl

and ofc fan service, you don’t have to agree, you asked me for links I will keep posting if you need more, might take hour to reply back if you message me, need to work out.

edit: one more thing, liking a character and complementing them and calling them beautiful or cute is fine but aqua for me really really felt like an Ok (bland) character, there’s really nothing going with her,

In terms of design
1. Her name is Aqua (water everyone most favorite element lol) Dressed in blue, Blue hair and eyes, Blue keyblade, Blue glider, Blue armor, Blue wayfinder, Blue station of awakening

well soo much blue but eh I still won’t deny I like her desgin mostly cause blue is my favorite color and second reason I like how it looks new and not always a skirt, but in terms of character, she is just a strong girl who can fight (for me) I can’t help but see her as bland as a character

In terms of gameplay
1. Yea no argue her she is fun to play nothing to say here

in terms of a character
1. She is Ok she has many likeable traits but one of those traits that became part of her (that I don’t like) is that fact that she is a girl, thus why I believe she is overrated cause a character like her will be seen as in top 10 favorites but top 5 in all polls? Guess we all have our opinions but to me aqua is bland character, I used to like her a lot back in 2011 she was my favorite you don’t have to believe it, but back then I realized I was just following the fanboys wagon who worshiped her, soo... yeah aqua is an ok character for me she deserves the love but to be shoved down my face as best girl I can’t say I agree, she is literally the only girl to get this much screen time yet her personality didn’t feel as strong as some girls I saw in kingdom hearts.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
People can like Aqua for being a girl AND other stuff too. Just because those comments are "she so fine" doesn't immediately negate that person from liking other aspects of Aqua. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in the history of media say "I like this character only because they are a boy/girl".

I will say though that I showed a friend of mine who knows nothing about Kingdom Hearts the KH3 cover and asked which character she gravitates to/interests her (without any background information) and she picked Aqua. This is a female. Maybe Aqua's design is just really likeable? My friend was going to go with Xion/Namine, but she didn't want to pick the too emo/depressed looking character.

Foxycian

Awards
People can like Aqua for being a girl AND other stuff too. Just because those comments are "she so fine" doesn't immediately negate that person from liking other aspects of Aqua.

well I already said in my latest comment that you are free to like and call someone cute it’s fin

I don't think I've ever seen anyone in the history of media say "I like this character only because they are a boy/girl".

D052F24D-E8FD-4C11-82A4-78EC95D808D1.jpeg
👆

Unfortunately there are people like that in video game community.

Back