• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Foxycian

Awards
Granted, it's exaggerated how much Terra was played, when he actually learned to be more suspicious on his journey. But being 100% oblivious to the actual main villain until it was too late makes makes all of that even more ironic. Including the fact that almost very time he encounters one of the antagonists in the Disney-worlds, he goes along with their plans so some extent. Aqua & Ven opposed characters like Maleficent, Hades & Hook since the very first moment.

Sure, it's largely about the timing, which characters they met and what they learned first. But the original question of this thread is why someone is your least favorite character. I hope you could admit that Terra did make some valid mistakes, so some people choosing him isn't completely ungrounded.
if you want to understand my point of view on aqua then read This

Aqua... is a character I don’t hate but I also don’t love, I’m just not a big fan of her, i don’t approve of her popularity because her character is just bland, she’s definitely not a bad character but she is a mediocre at best, Aqua being a Female and the fact that she is associated with the color blue (most likely the most favored color in the world) is probably all that she has, which in my opinion is what makes her popular, but as a character she is less interesting then most of the main characters, all she is, is a strong female character and her main color is blue, Like are you for real Nomura? Blue hair, blue eyes, blue clothing, blue armor, blue wayfinder, blue keyblade, blue glider, Blue station of awakening, Like OKAY Nomura I get it you’re trying to shove her down my throat cause I too love the color blue but seriously stop... nothing really is interesting about her, I get that fans can like her and nothing wrong with that, just like me liking Laraxene (she is a great villain) But why overrate her? Heck even Nomura in one of his old interviews was worried that aqua wouldn’t be popular enough cause she is new and isn’t connected to the lore as much as ventus and terra, but look at her now... she’s in the top and I just don’t get it... is it the fact that she is a girl? Or is it that her color is blue? Or cause she is strong and can handle her own in a fight? There is just nothing sparkling about her, there’s just no real reasons to put her above many awesome characters, sadly all I see is that people will try to make dumb excuses for her, claiming there are many reasons why she is An amazing character, but guess what? none of those reasons are enough for her to top the other characters, honestly I would have liked to see why many say aqua is an amazing character, I was looking forward to seeing their reasons, but none of the reasons they brought Is Good enough in fact it’s weak.

Either way Here are the reasons why they say aqua is the best character (which I will debunk now)

“Reason Number 1”. Because She is selfless

Well guess what? Pretty much most of the KH characters are selfless
1. Sora (sacrifices himself for his friends)
2. Ventus (scarified himself for terra and aqua)
3. Terra (willing to sacrifice himself for his friends)
4. Xion (kills herself so everyone can be happy)
5. Kairi (is willing to do anything to protect those that she holds dear)
6. Riku (pretty much his whole journey, he was selfless for the sake of the people he cares about)
7. Namine (sacrificed her own happiness just for Sora and his friends can be happy)

“Reason Number 2”. Because she didn’t stray from the Good path

Well ofc she won’t stray from her path wanna know why?
1. In bbs Eraqus wasn’t a jerk to her like he was to terra and ventus, he trusted her (unlike terra) and didn’t lock her in the land of departure (like ventus) and most importantly he didn’t fear her like he did with terra (darkness) and ventus (the X-Blade)

2. She didn’t have Xehanort on her tail like terra and ventus did, she wasn’t part of xehanort plan so he decided to let her roam free, basically she didn’t stray from her path like her friends cause she didn’t have the main antagonist on her trail...

3. Her Fans say she never stray from the Good path and never weavers? But looks like she did both... Aqua trust in terra weavers (believes an old witch rather then her best friend) and when she fell into darkness she gave up numerous times ( not really a bad things I actually like those flaws of her) so technically means she strayed from the Good path, her trust in her allies weakened and in the realm of darkness she gave up and was willing to accept darkness and fades away and eventually become tainted with darkness (Anti Aqua) just like terra and ventus, so what is that about her not straying from her path again? In bbs she was the only lucky one not to be targeted by xehanort, but whenever she comes in contact with darkness she is the first one to give up, oh and did I mention the possibility that aqua was ready to slaughter lady tremaine and her daughters just cause she sensed darkness in them? Looks like someone blinded by the light just like her master👏

“Reason Number 3”. She clean the boys mess

That’s really a stupid and weak reason, I cannot help but facepalm myself 10 times, can you please tell me when did aqua clean up after her friends? She always visits the worlds last so ofc the timing was perfect for her to save the day, just like how terra was unlucky to always ran into the villains first because most of the time he visits the worlds before ventus and aqua, and mind I ask what major thing did Aqua do to clean after her friends? How about we list them and find out? Shall we? Yes we shall!

1, Castle of dreams.
the boys didn’t do anything for aqua to clean up their mess, she just came in and helped the Disney characters like what her friends did

2. Enchanted dominion
The only one that cleaned up his friend mess was ventus, cleaned up terra’s mess when he saved Aurora’s heart, after that ven didn’t do anything for aqua to clean up after him he just left to the next world

3. Dwarf woodland.
ventus cleaned up after terra when he saved Snow White and took her to a shelter, ofc ventus left a mess behind when he gave the queen the poison apple back, the only thing aqua did was tell the prince of Snow White whereabouts, don’t know if that even counts as cleaning after her ventus cause the prince might have found Snow White eventually when he went to look for her, but anyway this world is the closest thing of her cleaning after Ventus

4. Hollow bastion
Ventus cleaned Aqua’s Mess here,
after the harsh words Aqua gave to terra, it made terra lose his trust in everyone except Master xehanort, that’s when ventus came in (after terra fight with braig) and told him that he still trusts him, which help boosted terra confidence in his friends again, ventus is the one trying to keep all three of them together not Aqua

5. Disney town
Nothing to say here again

6. Olympus
Nothing happened here

7. Deep space
I guess terra freeing jumba can count as a mess so aqua cleaned terra’s mess this time,

8. Neverland
Terra getting tricked by hook was a big mess but he solved it himself this time by saving tinker bell and the lost kids, he didn’t let anyone clean after him this time, same with ven he didn’t leave a mess behind for aqua to clean

9. Keyblade graveyard
All three of them played big part here but ventus preventing the completion of the most powerful weapon the X-Blade, and cause of that he saved his friends, the X-blade aqua and ventus clashed against was incomplete one that’s why they stood a chance, plus ventus destroying the X blade from the inside is what saved Mickey and aqua

So you see it’s ventus who mostly clean after his friends and the one who keeps them together not Aqua

there is just no Good reason that puts her above the other characters other then her being Ahem A strong Female, that’s mostly why she is popular, she has nothing going on for her other then i want to be with my friends, the only time the story focused around her was the sequel a fragmentary passage 2.0, it’s plain and simple Aqua is just an overrated bland character and mediocre at best,

That’s my point of view on her, I might sounded a bit aggressive with this essay but I still don’t hate Aqua she is in the middle for me, A decent or better say Good character, but that’s all.

Last edited:

PikaPal

Awards
Blue hair, blue eyes, blue clothing, blue armor, blue wayfinder, blue keyblade, blue glider, Blue station of awakening, Like OKAY Nomura
Ventus: "Hey Aqua, how come everything is blue to you?"
Aqua: "Because Ven... I'm blue aba di aba die and aba di aba die, aba di aba die..."
Ventus: 😵

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Aqua’s popularity is the result of the lack of playable females in the games. Had there been more females that had equal importance in the story, her presence in the community would be more tame.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
She has the largest role in what's dubbed KH0, so even if she were a male character, she'd probably be pretty popular.

Foxycian

Awards
She has the largest role in what's dubbed KH0, so even if she were a male character, she'd probably be pretty popular.
kh0? Don’t know what that is but if You mean 0.2 then yes her role is big but if you meant birth by sleep then no she didn’t have the largest role, she had a big role at the end but doesn’t mean her role was most important one, Terra, Xehanort and Ventus had the largest role in birth by sleep lore cause those 3 their story’s is connected to all the kingdom hearts games, ofc she is important as well but her importance’s is 4th after those 3, also if Aqua was a guy then she will be Riku, she is basically female Riku but less edgy and with less character development, so no she won’t be as popular as she is now, ventus being Roxas lookalike is probably would have overshadowed her if she was A Guy.

Edit: then again Riku had multiple games to get a proper development so I think aqua will be the same when we see more of her, 0.2 kinda made her more relatable so ofc I have faith the more we see her character the better she gets.

Last edited:

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Nomura, himself, has referred to BbS as KH0. Thus, 0.2 is aptly named for Aqua's journey in the dark realm because of both the references to her time post-"KH0" and up through the 2.8 HD remaster, mathematically filling the gap to KH3.

Aqua literally has the most screentime of the three. She's the only one coherent at the end, and then her playtime surpasses Ven and Terra with both the Final Episode and Secret Episode. I'm speaking sheer volume.

Foxycian

Awards
Nomura, himself, has referred to BbS as KH0. Thus, 0.2 is aptly named for Aqua's journey in the dark realm because of both the references to her time post-"KH0" and up through the 2.8 HD remaster, mathematically filling the gap to KH3.

Aqua literally has the most screentime of the three. She's the only one coherent at the end, and then her playtime surpasses Ven and Terra with both the Final Episode and Secret Episode. I'm speaking sheer volume.
Well you’re not wrong but you’re not right either

They all had equally screen time with Aqua just extra gameplay cause obviously xehanort got his hands on terra and ven and since those two are out of the picture that leaves only aqua as the main character to play as, just like Dream drop distance, both Sora and riku are main characters but Riku takes the main lead role now that Sora is out of the picture

Who is the most important among the three?
Well that depends for example each of them is important in certain aspects, but from what I saw, ventus is mostly like the most important one since his fate is connected to all the kingdom hearts franchise,

Among the three

1. Terra is the most important in the xehanort saga his the core of why every bad thing happened, plus he and ventus faces were the first to appear in kingdom hearts, Roxas and Apprentice Xehanort Kh2

2. Ventus is the most important figure among his trio, his presence is connected to the xehanort Saga and the ancient keyblade war, he will most likely play a role in the New upcoming saga, plus his connection to Sora and Roxas and his the one with the most screen among the three, Aqua was only in bbs and 0.2, while Ventus has been in kh union cross (Age of fairytales) and in birth by sleep, and in kh358, kh2 his heart was inside Roxas, pretty much Roxas in general lol, and had a small role in Kh3D.

3. Aqua is the most important after her friends were out of the picture, it’s not that she is less important then her friends they are equal as main characters, but she was never part of xehanort plan that’s why she is the only one that survived, Aqua had more gameplay then her friends but it doesn’t mean she had the largest role, they all had large roles but the one that had the largest role in xehanort saga like i said before it’s terra,

Aqua is a main Character in birth by sleep
just like her friends but she is the hero of the story cause her friends got captured

Riku alongside Sora is the main character of Dream drop distance but he is the hero of the story cause Sora got captured

Sometimes you don’t need to be the main focus of the story to be the main character,
For exampe

Vaan was the main character of ff12 but the story wasn’t about him

ff6 didn’t have a single main character but had multiple ones, the story was focused on all of them equally but Terra was still considered the main character to represent ff6 in Dissdia

Point is Aqua is the same, she may be the one of the main characters of birth by sleep but doesn’t mean she had the largest role in the story,

the story focused more on
Ventus
Terra
Xehanort
Being first

With

Aqua
Vanitas
Eraqus
Being second

So like I said you’re not right but you’re not wrong either.

Aqua may have the most gameplay and cutscenes in final ep and secret ep (since she is the only one that can Roam freely) but as for who has the most appearance among the three in all of kingdom heart then it’s not her it’s ventus, it was ventus then terra (cause lingering will and apprentice xehanort) but ofc that is until final mix happened giving aqua one more episode, the secret ep and later on 2.0 which what gave Aqua more screen time then terra+lingering will+apprentice xehanort,
Thus those who has the most screen time in order are
1. Ventus
2. Aqua
3. Terra (if we can count xemnas who is Terranort nobody who has terra’s face and memeory’s then terra will be second, if we don’t count that then his third)

Either way ventus is the most important in his trio,

Terra is important his the core of the xehanort saga

Aqua is important in birth by sleep (unlike terra and ven, bbs is where Aqua was truly first introduced)
And important in 2.0 as well, her fate and role are as big and most important as her friends, she is the only one besides Sora who can save terra and ventus she is the key to save them as was stated in kh3

Ventus is the most important in the whole franchise since he is connected to both xehanort saga and the foretellers saga, also his presence in the kingdom hearts franchise is one of the most important and oldest characters (design wise and everything about his character) next to Roxas Sora Riku kairi Namine Ansem Xemnas Ansem the wise, organization 13 and let’s not forget good old kairi grandma.

edit: ops i forgot to add hayner pence and ollete among the old characters lol

Last edited:

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com
I'm not indulging subjective opinions on what's considered more important / relevant right now. That's not what I was talking about.

Last edited:

Foxycian

Awards
I'm not going indulging subjective opinions on what's considered more important / relevant right now. That's not what I was talking about.
well the topic was never about her being a main character or that she is the most important one, but more about why she is my least favorite character, when i say my least favorite I don’t mean aqua is my least favorite in the franchise as a whole, she is only my least fav among the main characters, the guardians of light or better say the 3 trios plus Namine.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Aqua’s popularity is the result of the lack of playable females in the games. Had there been more females that had equal importance in the story, her presence in the community would be more tame.
I feel mostly the same. Had Kairi gotten Riku-level treatment in the series beforehand I have a feeling the female popularity list would look different today. Aqua would still be popular but I doubt it would be as in your face as it is now.

LinLin

Kairi for me is still one of the most important characters in kingdom hearts, her time to shine may have ended in kh1, but after kh3 she is definitely getting the spotlight she deserves! after all she is a light princess or princess of light? Still an important character nevertheless.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Importance is too vague of a word, the context we meant was with the narrative and Nomura. Obviously Kairi is important but her faint presence in the series is an issue. Every character is important to a degree but that doesn't matter if Nomura doesn't use them. I think agency is a better word to describe the issue. The female characters do not get enough of it.

LinLin

Well not gonna complain as long Kairi gets her moments she deserves to be popular like Aqua, she just needs enough screen time:)

Awards
if you want to understand my point of view on aqua then read This

Aqua... is a character I don’t hate but I also don’t love, I’m just not a big fan of her, i don’t approve of her popularity because her character is just bland, she’s definitely not a bad character but she is a mediocre at best, Aqua being a Female and the fact that she is associated with the color blue (most likely the most favored color in the world) is probably all that she has, which in my opinion is what makes her popular, but as a character she is less interesting then most of the main characters, all she is, is a strong female character and her main color is blue, Like are you for real Nomura? Blue hair, blue eyes, blue clothing, blue armor, blue wayfinder, blue keyblade, blue glider, Blue station of awakening, Like OKAY Nomura I get it you’re trying to shove her down my throat cause I too love the color blue but seriously stop... nothing really is interesting about her, I get that fans can like her and nothing wrong with that, just like me liking Laraxene (she is a great villain) But why overrate her? Heck even Nomura in one of his old interviews was worried that aqua wouldn’t be popular enough cause she is new and isn’t connected to the lore as much as ventus and terra, but look at her now... she’s in the top and I just don’t get it... is it the fact that she is a girl? Or is it that her color is blue? Or cause she is strong and can handle her own in a fight? There is just nothing sparkling about her, there’s just no real reasons to put her above many awesome characters, sadly all I see is that people will try to make dumb excuses for her, claiming there are many reasons why she is An amazing character, but guess what? none of those reasons are enough for her to top the other characters, honestly I would have liked to see why many say aqua is an amazing character, I was looking forward to seeing their reasons, but none of the reasons they brought Is Good enough in fact it’s weak.

Either way Here are the reasons why they say aqua is the best character (which I will debunk now)

“Reason Number 1”. Because She is selfless

Well guess what? Pretty much most of the KH characters are selfless
1. Sora (sacrifices himself for his friends)
2. Ventus (scarified himself for terra and aqua)
3. Terra (willing to sacrifice himself for his friends)
4. Xion (kills herself so everyone can be happy)
5. Kairi (is willing to do anything to protect those that she holds dear)
6. Riku (pretty much his whole journey, he was selfless for the sake of the people he cares about)
7. Namine (sacrificed her own happiness just for Sora and his friends can be happy)

“Reason Number 2”. Because she didn’t stray from the Good path

Well ofc she won’t stray from her path wanna know why?
1. In bbs Eraqus wasn’t a jerk to her like he was to terra and ventus, he trusted her (unlike terra) and didn’t lock her in the land of departure (like ventus) and most importantly he didn’t fear her like he did with terra (darkness) and ventus (the X-Blade)

2. She didn’t have Xehanort on her tail like terra and ventus did, she wasn’t part of xehanort plan so he decided to let her roam free, basically she didn’t stray from her path like her friends cause she didn’t have the main antagonist on her trail...

3. Her Fans say she never stray from the Good path and never weavers? But looks like she did both... Aqua trust in terra weavers (believes an old witch rather then her best friend) and when she fell into darkness she gave up numerous times ( not really a bad things I actually like those flaws of her) so technically means she strayed from the Good path, her trust in her allies weakened and in the realm of darkness she gave up and was willing to accept darkness and fades away and eventually become tainted with darkness (Anti Aqua) just like terra and ventus, so what is that about her not straying from her path again? In bbs she was the only lucky one not to be targeted by xehanort, but whenever she comes in contact with darkness she is the first one to give up, oh and did I mention the possibility that aqua was ready to slaughter lady tremaine and her daughters just cause she sensed darkness in them? Looks like someone blinded by the light just like her master👏

“Reason Number 3”. She clean the boys mess

That’s really a stupid and weak reason, I cannot help but facepalm myself 10 times, can you please tell me when did aqua clean up after her friends? She always visits the worlds last so ofc the timing was perfect for her to save the day, just like how terra was unlucky to always ran into the villains first because most of the time he visits the worlds before ventus and aqua, and mind I ask what major thing did Aqua do to clean after her friends? How about we list them and find out? Shall we? Yes we shall!

1, Castle of dreams.
the boys didn’t do anything for aqua to clean up their mess, she just came in and helped the Disney characters like what her friends did

2. Enchanted dominion
The only one that cleaned up his friend mess was ventus, cleaned up terra’s mess when he saved Aurora’s heart, after that ven didn’t do anything for aqua to clean up after him he just left to the next world

3. Dwarf woodland.
ventus cleaned up after terra when he saved Snow White and took her to a shelter, ofc ventus left a mess behind when he gave the queen the poison apple back, the only thing aqua did was tell the prince of Snow White whereabouts, don’t know if that even counts as cleaning after her ventus cause the prince might have found Snow White eventually when he went to look for her, but anyway this world is the closest thing of her cleaning after Ventus

4. Hollow bastion
Ventus cleaned Aqua’s Mess here,
after the harsh words Aqua gave to terra, it made terra lose his trust in everyone except Master xehanort, that’s when ventus came in (after terra fight with brain) and told him that he still trusts him, which help boosted terra confidence in his friends again, ventus is the one trying to keep all three of them together not Aqua

5. Disney town
Nothing to say here again

6. Olympus
Nothing happened here

7. Deep space
I guess terra freeing jumba can count as a mess so aqua cleaned terra’s mess this time,

8. Neverland
Terra getting tricked by hook was a big mess but he solved it himself this time by saving tinker bell and the lost kids, he didn’t let anyone clean after him this time, same with ven he didn’t leave a mess behind for aqua to leave

9. Keyblade graveyard
All three of them played big part here but ventus preventing the completion of the most powerful weapon the X-Blade, and cause of that he saved his friends, the X-blade aqua and ventus clashed against was incomplete one that’s why they stood a chance, plus ventus aiding aqua from the inside is what gave her the win

So you see it’s ventus who mostly clean after his friends and the one who keeps them together not Aqua

there is just no Good reason that puts her above the other characters other then her being Ahem A strong Female, that’s mostly why she is popular, she has nothing going on for her other then i want to be with my friends, the only time the story focused around her was the sequel a fragmentary passage 2.0, it’s plain and simple Aqua is just an overrated bland character and mediocre at best,

That’s my point of view on her, I might sounded a bit aggressive with this essay but I still don’t hate Aqua she is in the middle for me, A decent or better say Good character, but that’s all.

Sorry for drawing you back. You can just skip all of this if you've had enough.
But hey, isn't the real purpose of these threads to learning to understand the new points of view? ;) So it's more than fine to stand up for what you believe in.
In Dwarf Woodland and Enchanted Domionion Ven does the take first big steps to make things right. But the thing is that he leaves things unfinished, partly for unawareness. Still, Aqua is the one who finishes things in both worlds.

I do get what you say how Aqua's "character is just bland". But that's still the last word I would use about her. I look at her virtues from a completely different perspective, and that's why they are the main reason why I like her. Besides her strength, she's humble, doesn't make a big deal of herself, but always puts other's needs before hers. She doesn't have Xehanort on her back, because he saw Aqua's too balanced to be converted.

These are the kind features though, that are often overlooked in real life. Because they are often interpreted as signs of weakness, or as obvious things that everybody possesses. Despite the fact that few people actually do for real. So I love it how most of the fans of the game can appreciate her. Even when it does partly come from the simple fact that she was the 1st strong female hero of the series.

And no, my statement isn't that Aqua is "the only good one in the middle of darkness". Her friends have most of their strengths as well. But in BBS I sometimes get the feeling that especially Ven values Terra far more than her. They both do care about her, but take her a bit for granted every now and then. And she doesn't even seem to mind that much. She does give in eventually in the Realm of Darkness. But that happens after spending more than a decade there all alone, when she defends Ansem the Wise despite having no weapon. After that, she ends up into situation where things are beyond her control. Like how they've mostly been for a long time.

Yes, there was that short moment in Enchanted Dominion when she doubts Terra. But I feel you forget two things: 1. Her *last* words to Maleficent about that subject were "Terra would never do anything to help you! Stop Lying!" 2. Maleficent didn't completely lie. She did leave out essential parts of the story to demonize Terra even further. But Maleficent still did manage to take control of him because he did have darkness inside. And even when Aqua's words were badly placed in Hollow Bastion, there was still justified concern behind them. And it also shows a lot of character that you dare to tell your friend the truth even when they don't like it. That proves his/her well-being means more to you than what they think of you personally. +Terra knows himself that he has messed up twice already. So I say it was a bit hypocrite to get so mad, when he's told that he should be more careful.

ps. Sorry for using the word 'but' so often... 😁 I'm trying to point out that I do see trough both sides of the coin.

Foxycian

Awards
Sorry for drawing you back. You can just skip all of this if you've had enough.
But hey, isn't the real purpose of these threads to learning to understand the new points of view? So it's more than fine to stand up for what you believe in.
In Dwarf Woodland and Enchanted Domionion Ven does the take first big steps to make things right. But the thing is that he leaves things unfinished, partly for unawareness. Still, Aqua is the one who finishes things in both worlds.

I do get what you say how Aqua's "character is just bland". But that's still the last word I would use about her. I look at her virtues from a completely different perspective, and that's why they are the main reason why I like her. Besides her strength, she's humble, doesn't make a big deal of herself, but always puts other's needs before hers. She doesn't have Xehanort on her back, because he saw Aqua's too balanced to be converted.

These are the kind features though, that are often overlooked in real life. Because they are often interpreted as signs of weakness, or as obvious things that everybody possesses. Despite the fact that few people actually do for real. So I love it how most of the fans of the game can appreciate her. Even when it does partly come from the simple fact that she was the 1st strong female hero of the series.

And no, my statement isn't that Aqua is "the only good one in the middle of darkness". Her friends have most of their strengths as well. But in BBS I sometimes get the feeling that especially Ven values Terra far more than her. They both do care about her, but take her a bit for granted every now and then. And she doesn't even seem to mind that much. She does give in eventually in the Realm of Darkness. But that happens after spending more than a decade there all alone, when she defends Ansem the Wise despite having no weapon. After that, she ends up into situation where things are beyond her control. Like how they've mostly been for a long time.

Yes, there was that short moment in Enchanted Dominion when she doubts Terra. But I feel you forget two things: 1. Her *last* words to Maleficent about that subject were "Terra would never do anything to help you! Stop Lying!" 2. Maleficent didn't completely lie. She did leave out essential parts of the story to demonize Terra even further. But Maleficent still did manage to take control of him because he did have darkness inside. And even when Aqua's words were badly placed in Hollow Bastion, there was still justified concern behind them. And it also shows a lot of character that you dare to tell your friend the truth even when they don't like it. That proves his/her well-being means more to you than what they think of you personally. +Terra knows himself that he has messed up twice already. So I say it was a bit hypocrite to get so mad, when he's told that he should be more careful.

ps. Sorry for using the word 'but' so often... 😁 I'm trying to point out that I do see trough both sides of the coin.
I’m happy you say what on your mind but here is my opinion on this matter

1. Ven didn’t leave anything unfinished in each world he fulfilled his job, one saving aurora’s heart, and saved Snow White and took her to a shelter, he isn’t obliged to do anything more he didn’t watch the Disney movies to know if there is more lol, plus like I said aqua always magically arrives in the worlds last to save the day Cause the events of what’s happening when she arrives are (the end of the movie) in her favor,

2. also no the purpose of the thread I made was for people to see to know why I think aqua is bland overrated and mediocre at best 😅 but guess to each their own

3. Xehanort didn’t target Aqua cause she was balanced, but cause she has no role, Xehanort needed two things a vessel and the X blade, and that’s two things, I never seen someone actually think xehanort didn’t go after her cause she balanced, she isn’t, the only one who is balanced and won’t weaver is riku after conquering his darkness ofc

4. Aqua still doubted her friend and believed in an old witch lie, if you listen to a bad rumors of someone you care about will you quickly come to conclusions that they are bad? Aqua may have said that cause she cared for him and terra getting angry quick might be overboard of him, but you have to consider that it wasn’t just aqua but his master (whom he trusted) also doubted him, imagine your master (who gave you a second chance after he failed you because his bias towards the darkness) who is also your father figure, does not trust you, and sends one of his other students to spy on you, I agree with one of the previous Comments saying that Ven called her out because of the nonsense she spouting, she acted like a master scolding a student instead of acting like a friend here’s the quote

“Aqua Now that you become a master you let it go to your head”

the Japanese version makes it much clearer then the dub, that aqua have crossed the line

5. All three of them suffered, not just aqua

Terra possessed, lost his body and was split to many entities, and two of those entities are bringing chaos to the world for the past 10 years while the third entity lingering will is full of rage and attacks anyone he sees as xehanort and pretty much an empty husk filled with rage

ventus was possessed by vanitas, later killed himself in order to defeats vanitas for his friends, didn’t even know he will survive, lost his body and can’t move

Aqua sacrificed herself for her friend, got stuck in the RoD and let fighting heartless 24/7, but the reason I find her fate the least tragic is cause unlike her friends at least she can move and has her keyblade to defend herself, plus the 10 years went fast like couple of month or maybe a year for her, ofc still tragic fate as much as her friends but I would choose her fate if I was forced to pick any of the three cause I would still have my body and the keyblade

pretty much all three of them didn’t Feel the passage of time except maybe terra since one of nomura’s interviews he said terra kept fighting xehanort for control for 10 years

Even tho they all had bad fates tbh but I believe terra had the worst, as for who had the second fate I don’t know can’t pick between aqua and ven, aqua might be the obvious choice, but there is also the fact that ventus was from the age of fairy tail so most likely his tragic fate didn’t start in bbs meaning he could have the most tragic fate.

overall this is my opinion you’re free to disagree.

edit: in case people don’t misunderstood this topic then know I’m not saying Aqua is a bad character, I said many times that she is A Good character, a mediocre at best, and she can even be your favorite character I’m not saying she shouldn’t, what I’m saying her popularity is over exaggerated, kairi is more interesting imo, all she lack is the screen time and Hayden to return ofc lol (still love your performance Alyson) but as for Aqua AGAIN she is an awesome Character, if she was your favorite character then I can understand that like I said (in my first comment) there are stuff I like about aqua that makes her likeable, and I said before aqua can reach my top 10 favorites but she won’t touch my top 5 cause she didn’t interest me as much, but here is why I opened this topic cause I’m tired of fans shoving aqua into my face, they talk about her 24/7, it’s like ventus and terra don’t exist, heck the only one they cared about saving is aqua back in 2015, plus aqua seems to reach top 3 a lot in polls as one of the best KH characters, Lol I honestly don’t know what to say, in fact in term of interesting characters in Kh (mostly the girls) who are interesting in my opinion are mostly

Master Ava
Skuld
Kairi (not big fan of her soft self in kh3 yet)
Strilitzia
Laraxene

All the kh girls are interesting ofc but adventuring as one of the girls I listed would have been much better, and I would agree to why they are popular cause they have an amazing character, design wise, personality wise, unique look

i won’t deny Aqua has a unique design and fighting stance and keyblade etc, but just cause I love the color blue doesn’t mean you have to make the character covered in blue from head to toe just to lure anybody who loves this color, the color blue is probably the most liked color in the world... I bet Aqua’s Room (In land of departure) is Blue as well🤦‍♂️jeez

again this is not a hate rant towards the character Aqua, she is a likeable character like I said, my topic is mostly towards those who worship her and regards her as one of the best Kh character ever created when in reality she is not you’re just Exaggerating her because she is a female character.

Like I said (for the hundred time) she is not a bad character, but An awesome character, but if I rank her in popularity among the best characters then she is just a mediocre At best.

I don’t want to repeat myself if you still disagree then I’m ok with that everyone has an opinion, my answer will be the same as I have written in this topic and (repeated many time already)

moral of the topic don’t like a character cause of their gender because that is just stupid and weird overall

that’s all I have to say about Aqua Got Nothing else, cause I pretty much said everything that I Have.

“Thank you for for reading”

Last edited:

Grey Skies

Awards
I was considering writing about Terra, but then when I thought about his character arc, it did make sense on paper and was explained in detail in BBS. Sure I dislike him for feeling generic and ridiculously naive, but I don't think he defiled the series or anything.

Master Xehanort, on the other hand, is the character I have chosen as my least favorite. Here are some things I like about him: he is voice acted in glorious hamminess (it's a sight to behold), he looks and acts so evil that I find him hilarious (I guess I'm easy to please), and in BBS he was an entertaining antagonist. I enjoyed his slow corruption of Terra, I enjoyed learning about his backstory in BBS, and I very much enjoyed seeing him become apprentice Xehanort. I really liked his role in the story and how his actions affected KH1, CoM, 358/2 Days, and KH2 through Apprentice Xehanort, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas. I thought it was a clever way to tie all the Xehanorts from the older games together, and I thought that was the end of Xehanort and it was all over and the series would go to new places. I also liked that after possessed Terra and Aqua together dealt Xehanort such a blow that his power and villainy were curtailed as Apprentice Xehanort, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas. It showed Xehanort was not the ultimate power in Kingdom Hearts, and even he had his limits, and he underestimated the willpower and strength of Terra and Aqua, and payed for it. On top of that, due to their actions, they had weakened Xehanort enough to ultimately save the worlds once Sora came along, which made their actions meaningful.

However, things didn't go so well with Xehanort in the series for me after BBS. I thought MX, AX, ASoD, and Xemnas were the perfect number of Xehanort incarnations. Once DDD came out and it was revealed that not only MX, ASoD, and Xemnas were back, but a time traveling Young Xehanort and about 11 other Xehanorts were added into the series, and my interest in the series dropped dramatically and it took UX and KH3 to win me back. I think adding so many Xehanorts to the series was completely unnecessary, as was reviving dead Xehanorts.

And with the plot revealing he planned all of this, I couldn't think of him as a good villain anymore. He just feels cheap now. A very cheap character like Kai Leng from Mass Effect 3. He carries all the cards and is always there to thwart the protagonists no matter what. He has limitless power and planning skills I can't believe. On top of that, it turned out he became evil not due to exposure to gradual corruption by darkness, but because he was compelled to corrupt himself by visiting his corrupted self from the future. It feels cheap, and I consider Master Xehanort (post-BBS) to be the character I dislike the most in the entire series. I was really sad to see him layer gambit upon gambit upon gambit.

palizinhas

Awards
For me Xehanort was ruined in DDD and yes, he's my least favorite character. I loved him in BBS, but then DDD happened and went on to say that everything that had ever happened in the series was within Xehanort's plans and like. No.

Xemnas and Ansem SoD were interesting without it turning out they were secretly acting together to fulfill Xehanort's plans.

Foxycian

Awards
“Overall guys”
point of this topic wasn’t to diss aqua, but mainly to point out her flaws to everyone and that she is a mediocre character at best, not really trying to ruin her popularity, cause I’m aware “once an overrated character will always be an overrated character” cough Hinata Hyuga from Naruto Cough, I mean all that waifu stuff and best girl in the series cliche... is common, female characters being popular solely for their gender instead of their character is not uncommon nowadays unfortunately,

that’s why I opened this topic, to say to The video game community fans that they are overrating yet another female character cause of her gender, which in my opinion ruins the character. Honestly
this thread here says it better then I am
02B09F61-3086-49F8-ABDC-38FC5DB738D0.png

Here’s the full link for this thread and it explains my point of view (better then i did) on why aqua is just an ok mediocre character at best

That’s all, who ever saw this topic thank you for your time.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
If Aqua had been a male character, she would still be popular. To be completely serious, I can't help but wonder why the base dismissal of characters' popularity because of what they are seems to only ever happen to "diverse" members of a cast (female characters, minority characters, etc.). I never hear something like "Axel is only popular because he's a male character." Because, lbr, Axel's writing as a character is ass and has been all over the place. He feels like three different characters: the Axel from CoM, the Axel from KH2, then the Axel from Days-onwards. Can you imagine in any world where a female character who constantly yelled "Got it memorized?" would be thought of as popular rather than annoying af, unless she was in some fanservice outfit with her tits out like Cidney in FFXV? Even his Keyblade is just as ugly as Kairi's flowerblade from KH2. For another example, why is Ventus not hated for being "unnecessary," something that detracts from Roxas' individuality as a character, the way Xion is hated for being a fanfic-y 14th member addition?

Maybe it's because I had the Steven Universe thread open at the same time, but I just had the thought to explain that in some ways, I see Aqua as sort of like a less extreme version of the Pearl character in that series as far as a strict adherence to rules. I think I compared Aqua the same way to Hermione earlier in this thread, too, lol. Both those characters are very popular in their own fandoms as well and I don't think it's just their sex that's the reason. Pearl is in a series that's predominately female characters, so the fact that she's one of the most popular means they like her character for her character (strait-laced, controlled, reserved, dedicated, a dash of unintentional arrogance, etc.), not her sex.

Last edited:
Back