• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Advice/Help ► My Kairi game script - Looking for feedback

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
EDIT April 10, 2021: Here's Part 1! https://archiveofourown.org/works/27211870/chapters/66470386

OP: So I’ve been working on a Kairi video game script / fanfic since April and before I start writing the script in full, I’m looking for people who could give me feedback on the plot and game mechanics, and/or help me with lore and making sure everything is as canon compliant as possible.

I took my prompt from the Limitcut episode, with Kairi sleeping for a year, exploring her own heart. In my story, she starts off hoping to find clues that will lead her to Sora, but actually ends up fighting to unlock her own memories, and in the process unknowingly opens doors wide for other characters to make it into Phase 2. The Melody of Memory trailer shows a couple of scenes I had in mind, except I’m writing it as an Action-JRPG. And there are more than one Fantasia 2000 boss fights, among other things 🥳

I’m trying to finish this script before MoM comes out. I started working on this because I thought I’d never get my ideal Kairi game anytime soon. KH had made me expect long waits between games and plenty of time to dream up crazy intermediate titles. Oh well…

I’m happy to trade help/feedback/beta in return or just shower you with gratitude :) Let me know here or feel free to DM me if you're interested or want to know more about the project!

PS: I’ve researched a bunch of other fanworks to see what other people have come up with with similar concepts. If you have any recommendations of your own, do share the links; I'd love to check them out!

Last edited:

NemesisSP

Awards
Well, I'd suggest the boring options of make sure to have a good solid outline to go off of. You don't have to be strict about it, as things change when actually writing it out, but it does help. Though I think you're probably already doing that from the sounds of this. I think I'd have to see where you're going with it to know for sure.

Either way, I wish you luck on it and sorry if I wasn't that helpful right now.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Well, I'd suggest the boring options of make sure to have a good solid outline to go off of. You don't have to be strict about it, as things change when actually writing it out, but it does help. Though I think you're probably already doing that from the sounds of this. I think I'd have to see where you're going with it to know for sure.

Either way, I wish you luck on it and sorry if I wasn't that helpful right now.

Yes, I'm already doing that. No way I'm writing long-form without knowing where I'm going! I always find it quite fascinating how things evolve as you write the story out. It's like the outline is a live creature that keeps growing and mutating (but still looks like the species it's supposed to be, somehow). And there's nothing worse than having to throw away full pages of dialogue because they don't fit the story anymore. So outline it is.

Thanks for the suggestion! It's never unhelpful to remind this.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
First chapter is up before Nov. 13! https://archiveofourown.org/works/27211870/chapters/66470386

KH3SoraGrinIMadeIt.jpg

Still welcoming critique and feedback of any kind! This is a huge piece of work that's far from finalized.

I haven't posted the actual first world yet, because it's supposed to be CYOA and I'm using the opening chapter and notes to play around with html and figure out what works and doesn't work with the links I wanted to include.

Last edited:

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Oh this sounds like an interesting idea. I'll keep an eye on where this will go. It's always interesting to see different people's take on what Kairi's journey will be.

Also let me know, if you have questions regarding HTML, I might not be as up-to-date with my skills as I'd like to be, but I still should be able to give you pointers.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Oh this sounds like an interesting idea. I'll keep an eye on where this will go. It's always interesting to see different people's take on what Kairi's journey will be.

Also let me know, if you have questions regarding HTML, I might not be as up-to-date with my skills as I'd like to be, but I still should be able to give you pointers.
That's so nice! Thank you! I will probably take you up on that offer if it gets too messy. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for now, but it's still time-consuming to make sure it works properly within AO3's limitations (and options). And I'll probably have to move to CSS for some features and that's 😱

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
That's so nice! Thank you! I will probably take you up on that offer if it gets too messy. I'm trying to keep things as simple as possible for now, but it's still time-consuming to make sure it works properly within AO3's limitations (and options). And I'll probably have to move to CSS for some features and that's 😱
In the beginning it might seem scary, but both are pretty simple once you get used to it.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
In the beginning it might seem scary, but both are pretty simple once you get used to it.
Just finished my first HTML draft for the first playable world. I feel like the ride is a little bumpy, but it works. Want to try it? (I'd send it as an html script. I won't post it on AO3 until it's betaed.)

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Just finished my first HTML draft for the first playable world. I feel like the ride is a little bumpy, but it works. Want to try it? (I'd send it as an html script. I won't post it on AO3 until it's betaed.)
Yeah, i'd really like to try it. See what you made.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Back