• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My idea on KH3D

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Well, let's get started shall we. ZS's theory on KH3D.

First off, based on the weird bullshit that seems to be happening, like raining Sora's, it has to be some sort of dream like crap. Unless it's all illusions. But dream crap sounds better.

"But a game that's all a dream sounds lame" Not when it's handled right. What's crappy is those movies you watch where at the end you find out it's a dream. But if you knew it was a dream before hand, then you actually feel like the story has a purpose.

"So, why is this game about dreams?" Well, at the end of BBS Ansem the Wise said that he hidden his data inside Sora. What if, they made a machine for Sora so he could dream and try to retrieve this data? It makes sense on all the weird shit that seemed to happen in the trailer. Not to mention it makes sense when Nomura said "This game happens around the current storyline" Which would be after KH2.

"Now, why is Riku there then?" Well, Riku could have been all "I won't let my best friend do this alone. Chip, Dale, I'm going in!" And Riku gets in the machine or his own pod and enters Sora's mind the help him try and find the data that Ansem the Wise left behind.

"Okay, so what about when Nomura said there would be new worlds?". In KH2, what was the world that Roxas was in? A data world. And we all know that AtW made that place. So what if for some reason, Sora and Riku must travel the worlds in Sora's dream/mind and pick up the pieces of data from each world. And what if some of AtW's data on other worlds (That Sora hasn't seen) happens to mix in with Sora's dreamscape?

Well that's about all I can think of. For now. But that's my little take on KH3D. I don't give a shit if you say "Hey this is like so-and-so's theory" I wasn't motivated enough to search the forums to see if anybody had thought up this theory yet.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
personally doesnt feel like KH to me. sorry.
Because the characters going into a data world made from a journal is all that different to going into a dream world affected by hidden data?

It's obviously about dreams, but whether it takes place while Sora is sleeping (Days) when Ansem puts in the data, or after, when Sora and Co find out about the data is the question.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
it could be dreams i'm not saying it cant be. i would prefer if it were in real life though. nomura said it would be unexpected. dreams seem a little too obvious

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It's obviously about dreams

Um, no it's not "obviously about dreams." We know jack crap about this game other than that you play as Sora and Riku. The end. How in the world does that scream "Dream"?

KingdomSoul333 said:
dreams seem a little too obvious

I agree. KH has always been confusing and even when it has an answer, it still raises more questions. A dream is too easy and doesn't seem like Nomura's style at all.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
it could be dreams i'm not saying it cant be. i would prefer if it were in real life though. nomura said it would be unexpected. dreams seem a little too obvious
I think it being in real life is more expected than dreams.

Um, no it's not "obviously about dreams." We know jack crap about this game other than that you play as Sora and Riku. The end. How in the world does that scream "Dream"?
Raining Sora's, visually appealing, visual style, unique properties of the 3DS to help with this. etc. I probably shouldn't have outright said "It's obviously about Dreams" (i even considered going back to edit it once i posted it), but I mean, that is the clearest scenario at this point.

I agree. KH has always been confusing and even when it has an answer, it still raises more questions. A dream is too easy and doesn't seem like Nomura's style at all.
Why would a dream be easy? That's only if the end result is "it was all a dream".
Does one find the Inception to be easy? That was a dream, but was rather complicated.
It all depends on how Nomura uses it.

plus why would he say no one will expect it and then go "what would people think it is? a dream? okay lets make it about that..."
He said people wouldn't expect it, based on how the series was developing thus far. Going from everything being relatively straightforward, to a dream world where anything could really happen (raining Soras for example) could easily help this.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
well i would like to know how it is expected to see it in real life... they are in kh1 appearence although it has been said it is in current time. i personally do find that the raining sora's could be from his data in his heart. dreaming just doesnt make sense to ME. i'm sure it would to others... oh and kh has never been straightforward, especially after kh1

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
well i would like to know how it is expected to see it in real life... they are in kh1 appearence although it has been said it is in current time.
Exactly? That's what makes it UNEXPECTED. Based on how the games have been developed, thus far.

dreaming just doesnt make sense to ME. i'm sure it would to others...
Nomura did say it would be a very mysterious title. if it doesnt make sense to you, wouldn't that fit the bill exactly?

oh and kh has never been straightforward, especially after kh1
lol yes it has. Regardless though, when I said that, I meant, straightforward in the sense that it's a single timeline. Things progress in a linear, expected manner. Everything is "real". Going from that logic to a world where anything could literally happen? That's how it would be unexpected given the past games' story structures.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
i dont really agree with you on anything to be honest i have found that kh always had plot twists. but we all have our own opinions so i guess we will have to wait for the game to come out to know. i am shooting for the theory that grass came up with, that sora has rikus memories.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i dont really agree with you on anything to be honest i have found that kh always had plot twists. but we all have our own opinions so i guess we will have to wait for the game to come out to know. i am shooting for the theory that grass came up with, that sora has rikus memories.
I never said KH didn't have plot twists... I don't think you understood what I was getting at.

But alright.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
oh i see what you were saying. but yeah your theory isnt all bad. the idea of sleep has become more of an idea central to plot. maybe the data is activated by sleep (not my idea, was in another thread, dont know which one) and that is where the dreams are from

Zero Sora

Awards
This reminds me of the time Nomura said "KH2 is going to be very dark. Much darker than KH1" And what we got was a game that wasn't very dark at all. In fact, it was quite the opposite.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
This reminds me of the time Nomura said "KH2 is going to be very dark. Much darker than KH1" And what we got was a game that wasn't very dark at all. In fact, it was quite the opposite.
I don't know, the concept of Nobodies was kind of dark when you think about it.

Zero Sora

Awards
So was the concept of Heartless back in KH1. But Nobodies aren't much of a darker concept than Heartless are.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
So was the concept of Heartless back in KH1. But Nobodies aren't much of a darker concept than Heartless are.
I think they're a lot darker. These are sentient beings incapable of emotions who "don't exist" that look like Humans that Sora then has to murder. That's far more complex and more deep than "darkness born of the heart". IMO, anyway.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I think it's very likely that 3D is in a dream of some sort. It's the only real explanation of how there can be KH1 Soras raining from the sky, exploring Traverse Town, and fighting Nobodies. Those things just don't mix, and can't fit anywhere in the existing plot. And the data is a good explanation of the new worlds, along with the fact that Sora might have Riku's memories and Riku could have explored new worlds.

But I still think Sora is going to use the Chamber of Repose to search his memories. There has to be a reason that that room exists in the series, but so far all that's happened in there is Xemnas sitting on his butt and playing schitzo. But KH2:FM+ seemed to hint that Aqua's armor could talk to Xemnas in that room. And the fact that only Aqua knew that Ven was in the Chamber of Waking seems to imply that Xemnas must have heard it from her. Maybe the room has the power to animate memories.

Zyrax

Does anybody of you have an idea what "3D" could mean? Nomura confirmed that this is only a working title, but the real name has to do something with it.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Nobody knows what the title is, but some current popular ideas are 3 Dreams, 3 Doors, 3rd Dream, 3rd Door, and several titles I can't remember that involve 3 words starting with D.

It's all guesswork, though. All we know is that 3D is the acronym of the title.

Mog

Awards
Sorry Zero Sora but this is certainly not a game for me.I don't think Nomura is going to dabble with any more data,dreams etc.They were all done before - Coded and Re:CoM and Kh2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back