• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My idea about the Lingering Sentiment

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
First, before I state my theory, what do we know about the LS?

• He's an optional fight in FM+.
  • He is decked in armor from head to toe and wields a Keyblade.
  • He says, "You are not the one I chose", to Sora, which hints that Riku was chosen to wield the Keyblade.
  • He harbors an extreme hatred for a man known as "Xehanort".

And, as SA reminded me:

• Nomura just about confirmed he was talking about Riku about the chosen Wielder part
  • "He rapes Sora up the ass brutally with a Keyblade bigger than Sora is."

Now, despite this fight being non-canon, the Lingering Sentiment exists and is assumed to be an incarnation of sorts of Terra.

My theory is that in the final battle against Master Xehanort, MX won and fused with Terra, or whatever other silly idea you kids came up with, and Terra's lingering feelings of bitterness towards his defeat and contempt towards Master Xehanort gave birth to the Lingering Sentiment. Presumably, it remained in that area years after the battle, waiting for MX to appear before him again when Sora just so happens to encounter it in FM+.

How exactly is this possible? Well, think about Xion being said to be memories incarnate as one of the popular theories lately. This theory incorporates that idea of memories incarnate, but instead of Xion seeing as she has nothing to do with BBS whatsoever, we use the LS. LS would be Terra's lingering feelings and memories after the battle, which could go on to explain why Terra, as Xehanort, has no memories of his past, LS being those memories.

Well, that's all my theory is about. Feel free to flame the hell out of it comment on it and show me where I'm obviously and painstakingly wrong. <3

Last edited:
A

Azrael

So you're suggesting he is an Unbirth or a Nobody carved out of the memories of Terra

15th member

So our saying that the LS is the memories of terra? And Terra was fused to MX turning into Xehanort? Then tell me what happened to the memories of MX then? Maybe LS is an Unbirth since memories is the theme of the 3 new games:p

Muse

you look atrocious
So you're suggesting he is an Unbirth or a Nobody carved out of the memories of Terra

No, not an Unbirth or a Nobody. Just memories that are able to walk and talk. =/

Muse

you look atrocious
How do we know that mx fused w/ terra? It doesnt actually make much sense. If mx had his own body and power, why would he need terras!

You say how old MX was. Maybe he didn't want to die of old age and decided to fuse with Terra, who was a young and strong male.

But the fact that the Apprentice Xehanort looks so much like Terra with traits from MX is what started the MX + Terra = Xehanort theory. Don't flame me, I didn't come up with that theory!

A

Azrael

You say how old MX was. Maybe he didn't want to die of old age and decided to fuse with Terra, who was a young and strong male.

But the fact that the Apprentice Xehanort looks so much like Terra with traits from MX is what started the MX + Terra = Xehanort theory. Don't flame me, I didn't come up with that theory!

Bitch please, Terra pulled an Anakin Skywalker and became Xehanort

nobodyoftwilight

sorry that last ! was supposed to be a ?. im typin on my psp its not easy.
anyway, what if terra just faded into darkness and that changed his appearance? It could be anything. as for ls, I support the idea that he is an unbirth. If xehanorts heartless could regain his human shape, and some nobodies can, too, why couldnt unbirths?

Muse

you look atrocious
sorry that last ! was supposed to be a ?. im typin on my psp its not easy.
anyway, what if terra just faded into darkness and that changed his appearance? It could be anything. as for ls, I support the idea that he is an unbirth. If xehanorts heartless could regain his human shape, and some nobodies can, too, why couldnt unbirths?

Xehanort's Heartless wasn't really a Heartless but merely an existence of a Heart. :D!

Muse

you look atrocious
Which is exactly what a Heartless was.

Not exactly. He was like how Sora was for the whole of CoM and beginning part of KH2 until Roxas fused with him. A heart.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
  • He says, "You are not the one I chose", to Sora, which hints that Riku was chosen to wield the Keyblade.

You might wanna add there that Nomura just about confirmed he was talking about Riku about the chosen Wielder part, and you forgot
"He rapes Sora up the ass brutally with a Keyblade bigger than Sora is."

Now, despite this fight being non-canon, the Lingering Sentiment exists and is assumed to be an incarnation of sorts of Terra.

The fight is non-canon, and even then it's in the sense that Nomura didn't come up with the idea originally. Nomura referencing the Lingering Sentiment's words in Another Report, however, not only gives importance to the entire issue but also canonizes the event. LS being there and having said those words, in the very least, if not also the fight.

My theory is that in the final battle against Master Xehanort, MX won and fused with Terra, or whatever other silly idea you kids came up with,

I'd sooner say Terra fused with MX as a final means to try and stop him.
It would appear that for the short range, it accomplished its goal of putting MX away, though it did later give us our Xehanort to deal with.

How exactly is this possible? Well, think about Xion being said to be memories incarnate as one of the popular theories lately. This theory incorporates that idea of memories incarnate, but instead of Xion seeing as she has nothing to do with BBS whatsoever, we use the LS. LS would be Terra's lingering feelings and memories after the battle, which could go on to explain why Terra, as Xehanort, has no memories of his past, LS being those memories.

What does make me wonder about this is two things:
1) What about MX's own Memories then? Xehanort obviously lacked those as well, though I suppose the feelings Terra harbored could be used to explain this.
2) Xemnas obviously has some Memories of Terra, otherwise why would he call Aqua's armor "friend"? Why look for the "other friend"?

Well, that's all my theory is about. Feel free to flame the hell out of it comment on it and show me where I'm obviously and painstakingly wrong. <3

Well, I do agree with the concept, and the thing is that it hardly contradicts the LS being an Unbirth. In fact, I dare say it goes for LS being an Unbirth, seeing how Terra "Unbirthed" himself to fuse with MX or whatever to become Xehanort.
It goes nicely with the name, in my opinion - the Unbirthing isn't literal - it's stripping oneself of one's Identity, yet on a much deeper level than for Nobodies.
Nobodies for the most part at least remember, and the Heartless forget. But what if the Heart was to, say, be "Formatted"? The very basic Sense of Self that was obviously there even when Sora became a Heartless - what if that was to be taken away? Yet, seeing how Terra must've been Strong of Heart, the discarded Self was not only able to become its own Being, but remain that close to its Origin.
And if we say Terra was either the Base or the Effect of the Unbirthing (say, Xehanort is made up with MX in its base, but Terra "cast off" the LS to fuse with him, he would be the only one Unbirthing while he's holding MX's "Self" at bay with his, er, remaining Self or whatever...)
*ponders*

xehanorts HEARTLESS was definately a heartless.

He was a Heartless in the sense that he was only a Heart, and liked Darkness. He was hardly anything anyone'd call a Heartless usually though. He did what Sora did - only on his own accord instead of having a PoH help him stay "Himself"

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
First, before I state my theory, what do we know about the LS?

Ok....agreeable

My theory is that in the final battle against Master Xehanort, MX won and fused with Terra, or whatever other silly idea you kids came up with, and Terra's lingering feelings of bitterness towards his defeat and contempt towards Master Xehanort gave birth to the Lingering Sentiment. Presumably, it remained in that area years after the battle, waiting for MX to appear before him again when Sora just so happens to encounter it in FM+.

EVen though i have doubt about terra fusing with MX...ok Maybe...but why does it have a physical appearance if it haves emotion then that lets me believe it has a heart.

but emotions would let me believe that it has a heart but im probably wrong next their arent any signs that it is made of memories.

Would i do something like that to you.
No!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back