• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► My Hero Academia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
513%2B3PrglcL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Izuku Midoriya was just a regular middle school student in a world where people with superpowers known as "Quirks" are the norm. However, he dreams of one day becoming a Hero despite being bullied by his classmates for not having a Quirk. After being the only one to try and save his childhood friend, Katsuki, from a Villain, All Might, the world's greatest Hero, bestows upon him his own quirk, "One For All". The story follows Izuku's entrance into Yūei High School, a school that cultivates the next generation of Heroes.
~
I can't say enough how gooooooooood this series is! It's pretty easy to tell that it's inspired by western comics, but Horikoshi-sensei does a great job making the world feel unique, and I think it's a pretty great addition to the Shonen Jump lineup. Every chapter I want to see Deku do well, because he definitely deserves the chance to get to become a hero. There's a lot of fun and interesting powers that get used and make for some really good fights. If you like American comics then I'd say give this series a shot, I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This is definitely apart of my top four manga to read right now. I absolutely love it to pieces. <3

Latest Chapter Thoughts:

Alright, I had to read this twice because, I was massively confused by what had happened. I guess Stain doesn't want anyone to die unless it's by his hand or something, because he went out of his way to save Deku. Either that, or he isn't as fully corrupted as we're all thinking he is. Arguably said, he was taking out other heroes because of his ideals. I can't recall if he tried to kill them, because I know some were injured, namely what's his name's brother being put in the hospital. So I guess we'll see what happens?

I still got to say my favorite characters out of this remain to be Deku and All Might. The beginning of this manga is soooo damn good and Deku makes me want to root for him all the way, you know?

Last edited:

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Well, riiiiiiiiiight when you think this arc is gonna end...

Stain just goes and kidnap-steals. Deku, Ida and Todaroki finally bring the bad guy down, Ida's finally moved passed his own problems, everyone's worn down but okay. Yep, time to wrap things up and- oh CRAP, Deku's been kidnapped! No wait, he's been saved! No wait! It's worse because he's now been taken by unstable, delusional, idealistic hero-killer! Yeaaaaah, Deku, ya kinda got fucked on that one. Well, he's also the only one Stain actually complemented on his heroics, so maybe things won't be that bad?

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Well that sure was bittersweet.

Good news: Deku ain't kidnapped by a psycho hero-killer, and Stain finally goes down. Bad News: the rules and regulations of this hero world kinda suck when you go ever so slightly out-of-line for the sake of saving someone. I get where the chief is coming from, where you need to have regulations so that the super powered populous doesn't get out of hand, but having a strict punishment needing to go down because three trainees acted on their own to save lives seems a bit out there. Luckily that issue gets sidestepped, but it still stinks.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I still feel blindsided.

I mean c'mon! It's not like every day some dog looking police officer shows up to scold a bunch of kids about regulations as heroes. I actually kind of felt bad for Stain because, he did save Deku and wasn't going to kill him. At least not right that minute. So, I'm actually hoping we see more of Stain and the group of hero killers again soon. Then there's the ominous note things were left off on bout not getting the goodies & glory after saving the day. I doubt they'll let it affect them entirely because, they made it out of there with their lives. If anything at all, I think it'd be about how they were fighting with by their teeth and skin on this one.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Fascinating Development.

Stain certainly has one heck of an ideal and backstory to some degree. He's almost like Deku who looked up to All Might and wanted to be a hero just like him until he grew to hate the system he was in. It'd be kind of neat to see things in reverse if say Deku was the one with his quirk and Stain was the one without powers and ended up under All Might's wing. Would things of turned out differently? In any case, I find it kind of hilarious how Deku calls up Uraraka. Dude, you've been talking to her since you attended the academy! What gives? lol. Anyways, I'm excited to find out more about All Might's past after his call with Gran Torino.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
After reading the chapter again I noticed something I misread before. The quirk power that All Might and Deku have is "One For All," but what Gran Torino and All Might were talking about on their phone call was about a person with the power of "All for One." That's quite interesting that there's a villain working behind the scenes with a power that's maybe somehow contrary to what our main heroes have. And this is the villain that hurt All Might to begin with.

The consueqeunces of this latest adventure could be quite big, especially if it inspires the rise of more villains, or other crazy people like Stain.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I am greatly amused how Mineta remains a pervert by peeping in on the girl's locker room. This reminds me of that trick he did during the tournament. (xD) What's nice is that we get a breather of everyone getting ready for a camping trip, except they have to pass exams first and boy, do all the boys want the girls to pass. As for Deku and All Might, things got pretty dark real fast. I don't want to believe All Might will die before the reunion of him meeting All for One again. Of course, I totally forgot about the whole aspect of DNA being important in this, which makes me greatly wonder if its a possibility for All for One to jump into Deku at some point? I don't want to think so, but I feel like things are going to get more tense later on.

Anagram

Banned
Caught up on the manga. The teeth guy was the creepiest design yet. Dx

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
[video=youtube;o0L1YC9YgxM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0L1YC9YgxM[/video]

I had forgotten, but My Hero Academia's anime will air soon in April!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
[video=youtube;-jBRnSVaGmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jBRnSVaGmI[/video]

akuza89

so being up to date with the manga, you pretty much know what's going to happen... however the anime has just started and I'm loving seeing midoriya animated and all might also :biggrin:

I hope in a sense it's going to differ from the manga's story ever so slightly, so we can have 2 different my hero academia stories to enjoy :redface:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I think everybody saw that casting choice coming a million miles away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back