• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My heart just dropped a little...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

RikuOathkeeper

I happened to read up on the Kingdom Hearts Remixes and saw that both 358/2 Days and Re:coded were not playable, but simply a barrage of cutscenes. I was planning to play 358/2 Days after beating KH and Re:COM on I.5 Remix, and I was so looking forward to seeing how they adapted the DS gameplay to the Playstation 3. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the case?

Badger

Yep, you read correctly. Would have been great to have all the games playable, but that's how they decided to do it. Would have been a lot of work so I guess I don't blame them.

redtutel

The reason why is that the gameplay and graphics would have to be completely remade from scratch, since the Playstations and the DS are two very different consoles.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
You should be glad you aren't being forced to play the slog that is 358/2 Days.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
It's very unfortunate but at least it's something. Sadly the movie does the game no justice in my opinion. They left out impactful moments from the game.

redtutel

It's very unfortunate but at least it's something. Sadly the movie does the game no justice in my opinion. They left out impactful moments from the game.

But at the same time, they made other moments a bit more impactful. Although I admit I do like how Re:Coded translated into a movie better then 358/2 days

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oh good, this is nice.

As resident god of chaos I am here to suggest you would prefer the manga instead.

Yes, bask in the confusion. *rubs hands together* Good. Good.

(The manga IS spectacular.)

duchessa

(The manga IS spectacular.)

I have to second this. I feel like manga + the full "movie" of cutscenes are good companions, the former for character relationships (and light-hearted moments that we lack in-game) and the latter for plot.
I love Days' characters, but... Days. Remaking that would be like making an entire new game.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just sit back and relax. Playing through all of those RPGs one after another can get you tiring.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Just sit back and relax. Playing through all of those RPGs one after another can get you tiring.

Ah, this is true... With all my love for Kingdom Hearts, sometimes a pause is just needed... a pause related to KH, heh!, with KH music, drawing KH fanart, KH manga, KH movies (I especially enjoyed the re:coded movie, it was a relaxing thing to watch~ for the sake of watching a movie)

RikuOathkeeper

I'm especially upset because I lent my sister my copy of 358/2 Days and she lost it, so now I can't play it at all. I must admit, though, that level board really hindered my progression, and I wasn't able to get 100% completion because I wasn't strong enough to battle that one grand poo-pah Heartless, and it always defeated me.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm especially upset because I lent my sister my copy of 358/2 Days and she lost it, so now I can't play it at all. I must admit, though, that level board really hindered my progression, and I wasn't able to get 100% completion because I wasn't strong enough to battle that one grand poo-pah Heartless, and it always defeated me.

Consider that a blessing in disguise. Days is the kind of game that's better to watch rather than to play through.

RikuOathkeeper

That's an opinion, and sure a widely held one, but Days also was the first Kingdom Hearts game I ever owned, so it holds that novelty value for me in that way. Re:coded was definitely a better game, and Days could have been much better than it was, but it was still a good game in its own right.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I think I'm one of the few who did like the game quite a bit and I'll even say beating the game once was plenty. First time around the game is enjoyable and you can deal with the repetitiveness and the dragging but I have no earthly idea how I was able to force myself to beat the game twice.

The novelty of collecting hearts missions wears out pretty thin.

DoctahFaz

Awards
I don't remember having issues myself as I actually enjoyed the game from what I remember playing years ago, but I've read a lot of other people not being fond of the gameplay of 358/2 Days at all, particularly due to some annoying bosses like the Emerald Serenade in the hedge maze, Ruler of the Sky, and Dust Flier.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
I'm also one of those fans that loved Days, I myself love challenges and Days sure was a lot of training for a gamer of all consoles, the controls and the panel system... planning everything in advance because of your limited magic & items... time missions and endurance battles, bosses with ridiculously high HP and bosses with the real killer moves, now that was awesome for me >:'D and the story was over 9000 satisfying and of course I cried and it was New Year when I finished the game... Ah, symbolically perfect
but I agree that Days is a game for players with above average patience, if they really want to complete the game 100%

also, my third fav Keyblade is Omega Weapon from Days, I simply loved all the different Keyblades and abilities attached to them. Can't deny, I love Days, it's so much story, feels and challenge. The only thing I hated about it were the time-missions with "collect all the Organization emblems" . Now THAT was difficult.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'm playing Days right now, and I think I would be happy with it if I were in Standard. Unfortunately I'm not, because for the retrospective I'm writing I wanted every game to be on Critical or, in Days' case, Proud again so I would have consistent impressions of difficulty. That was a mistake. I just made every HP Sponge even... spongier.

I don't think it's as bad as some people make it out to be, but it's not quite my cup of tea, either.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I will say a good reason to play the game is because to me it's the toughest KH I've played (Didn't play Coded or 3D). It's a lot more resource management and the god dam bosses take forever to kill and grinding is a pain to do. Not to mention unlike in BBS or COM, there wasn't a cheap trick to kill bosses quickly other than maybe attaching the ability that makes your HP low enough to abuse the limits.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I actually like the resource management, and the command panel, I think they both could have been great, but the high HP just makes it a mess for me.

Also, Leechgrave. I actually dislike the Ruler of the Sky more, but infinitely regenerating hands with high HP seems to exist just to spite the limited resource system. It's like someone realized a good boss fight challenges your limitations... and then they speared right through your limitations and tossed you onto your back like a turtle.

I don't feel I should judge a whole game for two fights - which is why Days only sort of bothers me in the long run, it's not nearly as bad as some real bad games I've played - but if I think about the game out-of-hand... I'm thinking of Leechgrave.

Sorry if I'm chatty about this, I am playing the game and taking notes on each mission for my retrospective and that's alternating feelings of "this isn't as bad as I remember it" and "oh my god yes it was" depending on the mission. I have to keep reminding myself that the former happens more often than the latter.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I actually hated the Antlion fight more but the reason the boss fights get such a bad rap is compared to every other game is like you mention, I every major boss takes like 6 minutes to kill. That's such a drain mentally when you spend 5 minutes in a fight and lose because you make a mistake and you have to start over.

Maybe on PS3 the fights wouldn't be so tedious but I have vivid memories of dodging for my life 90% and only get about 10 seconds of actual time to hit the boss before I have to run for a whole minute again and on the DS it's not very fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back